IGNORED

Home from Intl Rally

cecdoo

Kim and I made it home safe and sound from 6 days of sunshine and blue skys in one of the most beautiful states to ever ride a motorcycle. Thanks to Chuck and his wife for hosting the rally!! The Canaan lodge was great! Really enjoyed seeing old friends, and some young friends too! It was great to put faces to names from the Florida gang, Thanks again Barry and Steve for the lite bar!! Made quite a few new friends as well.

Don & Chris thanks for a great ride home on a beautiful highway. It was an awesome week of riding, sightseeing, eating and BSing.

Thanks Again, Craig & Kim

I got in at 6:30, and ditto to what Craig said!! Those of you that didn't come missed a wonderful time!!!

Only catastrophe is I lost my St. Jude's patch I bought at the auction, that and my cell phone battery died half way home, bought a charger at Sheetz gas and it seemed to work for about 15 seconds...

I walked in the door at 8:30 this evening. Decided to get home before the rain tomorrow. Had a great time showing you all those great roads and thanks to all that made it to the rally and hope all make it home safe. Forgot to add that thanks to everyone we raised $335.00 from the Tee shirts that Lewis sent me for ST. Jude

Edited by slowrollwv

I got in at 6:30, and ditto to what Craig said!! Those of you that didn't come missed a wonderful time!!!

Only catastrophe is I lost my St. Jude's patch I bought at the auction, that and my cell phone battery died half way home, bought a charger at Sheetz gas and it seemed to work for about 15 seconds...

Bob you didn't loose your patch. You left it with the shirts from Lewis. PM me your addy and I will get it mailed to you.

Thanks Chuck for the great tours of the area. Best of the last four IR's I have attended.

Not home yet but getting close.

I left the lodge at 7:30am EDT yesterday and pulled off the road at 11:00pm EDT for the night last night in Rockford Illinois after 15 1/2 hours of traveling. My goal was to make it to near Madison Wisconsin for the night but the second round of rain (1 1/2 hours of light rain) on the trip home wore me out.

I had 2 stops beyond fuel stops - 20 mins at a McDonalds somewhere in Ohio and at 15 miles east of Indianapolis to wait out a storm. I saw the skies darkening and pulled off at a rest area to put on the rain gear. I got my luggage covers on and pulled out the rain suit just as the wind hit. Almost pulled it out of my hands. I headed into the cover of the building and watched. Checked the radar and the weather warnings said there were 50mph wind gusts and hail. I didn't see any hail but wondered a few times if the bike was going to get blown off the side stand.

I was there for maybe 20-30 minutes and while still raining, the worst was over. Pulled on the rain gear on and hit the road again. Problem with this delay is it put me into Indianapolis right at rush hour with the added feature of rain. I'm not sure how much that delayed me but I had clear sailing until the aforementioned rain a few hours later.

This morning I drove the 1 1/2 hours to my son's house to see my new grandson. I will make the four hour trip south to get home tomorrow afternoon.

Rode with Steve and Marilyn and touched home at 230-ish. Showered and immediately went to my nephews first bday , surprising everyone there. My wife's face said it all. I was missed...

want to thank Chuck, his wife ( who is a riot), Donnie, BongoBob, Steve and Marilyn, and everyone else who's name I can't remember at this hour. Been waking up at 2-3 in morning so it's been a long week.

special ultra thanks to Yammer Dan, for making the journey, even though he was having some physical issues. Dan is an awesome VR member.

WV roads are totally awesome. Not one straight or flat road anywhere. Now there is some FUN riding. Quality of roads were stand up as well. I appreciate everyone who was at the rally. Made the week go by that much faster.

Thanks again Chuck!

Glad that you made it to your son's house safely. I was going to leave today but instead left yesterday to miss the rain we were to get today and as of yet, no rain. Go figure.

Chuck, We left at 8 this morning and hit rain before Bridgeport on 50, was in and out of it almost all the way home. Sorry I talked you into leaving early :confused24:

We pulled into home at 9pm.

Got home (Florida) yesterday at 3 pm. Only took me two days with no rain round trip. Rita & I had a great time with you all. Riding WV was very stimulating from coming from the flat land Florida. I would like to thank "Slowroll" for fabulous time setting up the rides and dinner. Hope to see you all again.

Star Rider

Finally getting some computer time to post my take of this years International Rally. We got home around 6pm after a short stop at the daughters house to pick up our mutt. Crossed the Ohio/Michigan state line at 5pm after a 9 hour run from the Canann Valley Resort. Like Jay said no rain till just before getting to Bridgeport, WV on US50. From there it was on and off rain till getting to Toledo, Oh. Some were pretty heavy downpours too. Other than this you couldn't have asked for better weather during the weeks rally.

Now as to the rally itself Chuck & his wife did an absolutely amazing job setting up this years rally. Everything from pre-registration to the final banquet ran smoothly, thou Chuck may have gotten few more grey hairs along the way. LOL As noted by others the area that was chosen by Chuck was a great choice as there were great roads to ride on & enough local attractions to please most everyone. Best of all the folks who chose to attend this years rally were great company. Its always good to meet new and older VR members at these functions.

Bottom line, Thanks Chuck for a great weeks worth of fun.

Larry

Like Larry said , Slowrollwv did show us a great time. This may not have been the best attended IR but those that did come were treated to some fantastic roads and scenery. It was nice to finally put some faces on members we had not yet crossed paths with before.

Our host & hostess deserve a big round of applause 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Kudos to Bongobob for squeezing all that $$$ out of our pockets for St. JUDES !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Like Larry said , Slowrollwv did show us a great time. This may not have been the best attended IR but those that did come were treated to some fantastic roads and scenery. It was nice to finally put some faces on members we had not yet crossed paths with before.

Our host & hostess deserve a big round of applause

Kudos to Bongobob for squeezing all that $$$ out of our pockets for St. JUDES !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

+1.

Great WV roads that I am still talking about. Bongobob should be an auctioneer. His enthusiasm was a treat. Was really into it also.

Again, these WV roads are amazing.

Special thanks to Steve and Marilyn for helping make my week even more spectacular. They are great friends outside of riding, and I couldn't be more thankful.