IGNORED

What accessories would you buy with 2000?

roadwarrior

I have a 2006 RSTD with a budget of $2000 to spend on my bike.I do not see that many RSV or RSTD so I do not have the benefit of seeing how the accessories look on the bike.I am curious how the members would spend the money excluding pipes and seats?:confused24:

IT'S REALY UP TO YOUR TASTE. AS FOR EXHAUST I HAVE THE BUBS SLEERERS SLIP ONS NICE DEEP SOUND MY FRIEND "STAR RYDER HAS THE BARONS 4-2-4'S ALSO A NICE SOUND. AS FAR AS YAMAHA PARTS HERE ARE A FEW. K&N's ARE NOT A BAD IDEA IF YOU PLAN ON KEEPING HER THEY WILL LAST FOREVER.:080402gudl_prv: YOU CAN HEAR THE BUBS HERE...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16492

I sure wish I had a $2000 budget to spend, LOL. :mo money: I would say go for safety. Get the Custom Dynamics taillight LED board and maybe a back off modulator that makes the brake flash, because stock isn't bright enough. you also might want to convert the turns signals to LED also Custom Dynamics. Then exhaust if you still have stock, could go with bubs, baron, or RK mod. May want to look into the D3K and also K&N, but you may have to rejet. Then get all the extra safety chrome add ons. Have fun spending the money, it goes fast thought.

TheKid

If I could only have 2 items to add on, well maybe 3 they would be a backrest (Diamond R or Utopia) some sore of highway pegs and additional lights in the front. $2K is a good amount to be able to put lots of goodies on the bike, like was mentioned it's all up to you.

Buy a good set of riding clothes and a very good helmet. Go to a retailer of Aria and/or Shoei and try them on to find one that fits comfortably. If they are comfy, you will wear it more often. Best investment you can make.

Good clothes are a comfort on the road and a lifesaver on the pavement. You will also want really good rain wear.

Just my thoughts. It sure would be nice to have $2000 for farkles.

RR

Invest in yourself first, if you feel fully competent, then maybe you don't need it, but if at all in coubt, see if there is a good riding school nearby.

If tires are worn, get those upgraded and all the mechanical stuff taken care of. If the bike is going on 3 years old, get ALL the fluids changed (brakes, coolant, axle etc). Need brake pads?

All the bling in the world won't help if the bike is laid up in the shop.

After that, the driving lights (properly aimed and used so as not to irritate everyone else on the road), Some extra rear light, go for more light, not flashers so much, I find automated flashers can be ignored, you can wiggle your hand on the brake a little and do it better for free.

I would put chrome last.

Are you going for looks, or performance, or safety?

For looks I'd get the chrome carburetor covers. The Ventures I see without them look like there's something missing in there.

For performance get the V Max rear gear. As far as acceleration goes, you'll think the bike just dropped 200 lbs.

For safety, I'd recommend swapping for the R1/R6 front brake calipers and a master cylinder to match. As far as stopping distance goes, again, you'll think the bike just dropped 200 lbs. There's no substitute for strong front brakes.

Even after this stuff you'll have plenty left to do some other things. These would be a bare minimum for me.

This is more for looks and performance.I have all the right things to wear and a set of bubs on the way.I think Rick Butler can take care of my seats if I can figure out how to get studs put on the seats.(suggestions appreciated)So far this is what I have ordered:

-Yamaha Billet Carburetor Covers

-Yamaha Chrome Metal Fender Tips (Front)

-Yamaha Chrome Battery Side Covers

-Billet Brake Pedal Cover Billet Brake Pedal Cover

- Chrome saddlebag rails

-Chrome floorboard covers

-Yamaha Billet Passenger Floorboard Backing Plates

-K&N air filter

-Luggage rack

Guest BluesLover

1. Backrest
  2. HD Light kit for the rear of the bike
  3. Light bar (driving lights)
  4. Highway foot pegs
  5. Lower wind deflectors

Save yourself the $100 ... I'll let you borrow one of my Hooter's girls for free :whistling:

Cheers,

New Seats!!!! Stockers are brutal. I have the Ultimate seat set up and highly recommend them, headlight modulator, brake light modulator, swap out the brake light bulb with the custom dynamics led board,driving lights, saddle bag rails, billet chrome lowers, horn upgrade,fender rack(looks so cool when you go solo seat),chrome oil cap , custom reservoir covers that say Royal Star on the clutch cover and Tour Deluxe on the brake cover...............oh wait that's my bike LOL:rotf::cool10::080402gudl_prv:

-Chrome floorboard covers

I am sure it will look good. If you plan long days of riding you should look at the backrest.

As far as floorboards are concerned, if it is what I was thinking I have seen some of the rubber separating from the chrome floorboards. Not exactly sure these are what you were refering but look into this one before you purchase, in case your not satisfied.

Brad