IGNORED

The irony

gez

kia accident.jpgThere I was stopped in traffic with this CHECK TWICE FOR MOTORCYCLES sticker clearly posted on the back of my car when suddenly I get rear ended by..........wait for it.......... a motorcycle. There was a second thump as the truck behind the motorcycle landed its blow. I pulled up a bit and hesitated getting out of the car not knowing what I would see. Thankfully the biker with full face helmet was getting off the ground a bit shaken but not stirred. I'm sure he's sore today but he was able to walk away. Could have been much worse, thank you God. His brand new Yamaha Star 1300 didn't fair well crunched between the two vehicles.

OR The biker saw the truck coming and pulled up into the back of your car to help absorb some of the impact.

That is one of my last ditch escape plans if there is no where else to escape a cage that is not stopping.

If you pull up touching the car in front of you, then when you are hit from behind the structure of the bike will take most of the impact and you will take much less impact. This strategy will minimize damage to me but will also maximize damage to the bike. Bikes heal a lot faster than me, they take noting more than the wave a of an adequately thick wallet to be healed.

OR The biker saw the truck coming and pulled up into the back of your car to help absorb some of the impact.

That is one of my last ditch escape plans if there is no where else to escape a cage that is not stopping.

If you pull up touching the car in front of you, then when you are hit from behind the structure of the bike will take most of the impact and you will take much less impact. This strategy will minimize damage to me but will also maximize damage to the bike. Bikes heal a lot faster than me, they take noting more than the wave a of an adequately thick wallet to be healed.

I prefer to stop leaving enough room to jank off to the side of the road if need be and let the offending potential rear ender hit the car that was in front of me.

I tend to always leave myself at least one "way out".

Of course, that's assuming I even see it coming....

Edited by Great White

Honesty, always the best policy? I'm sure it is, but.

The car is in the body shop getting repaired. I'm very happy with Allstate's attention and handling of this incident. They are trying to recover my $500 deductible from the offending party. I get a call from Allstate going over the incident. I answered an impact question with two, there were two impacts. The bike hit me, then the truck hit the bike. I'm then told the trucks insurer had already assumed responsibility but this changed everything because it wasn't the truck that hit ME. The biker did produce an insurance card, we'll see what happens.

insurance industry = a more twisted form of illogical logic i have never met.. thousands of folks lost everything when the insurance companies determined Katrina was a flood - not a hurricane - and no one had flood insurance:stickpoke:

Well at least in Ontario the last car in the line is at fault. Here if you rear-end a vehicle and it rear-ends one and so on your insurance is on the hook for ALL the damage. I know, my mother's insurance got nailed for the repairs to 4 cars because she was the last one in the row.