IGNORED

Any demand for these stock electronics?

Lug Nut

just got home with my new to me 2002 midnight royal star venture and will have extra parts I do not need. I was wanting input on if they're worth selling or simply pitching. The previous owner upgraded the stereo speakers and installed an amplifier. I will likely be redoing the sound system again and will have the stock speakers the stock tape player the stock controller the aftermarket speakers and the aftermarket amplifier that I will no longer need in addition to the two masked CB antennas. Is there much of a market for this stuff and should I post it here and on Craigslist and what would be a reasonable price to ask for everything? Thanks for the input.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/sbojrab/Mobile%20Uploads/12650822_1091630884202582_6904204535737357504_n_zpsfupdmqlg.jpg

Only one CB antenna. The one with the big black thing on it. Dont think a cassette deck goes for much. Most guys pull them out and make a little glove box sort of deal and put wallet, phone, MP3 player or something in it. Why the big toss on stereo stuff? Dont the amp and stuff work? If the stuff works why pitch it? CL is a roll of the dice. If you have a bunch of RSV's in your area you may sell the stuff. E-bay is probably a better bet on the "specialty" RSV stuff. The CD players dont fetch much either maybe $50 if a guy really needs one. Mine spent most of its life I had it on a storage shelf as it ate a lot of space inthe bag up on trips.

The "straight" antenna is for the AM/FM radio. Have no idea what your new system would require. I know my Victory XCT comes stock with a longer antenna, but mine has a shorty. Thank goodness because the way they mount I would be walking into it all the time.

So is the right or left antenna the one for the radio? Is it a big deal to remove the cb equipment from the bike? Will the firesticks work well for the radio part? Any special thread size I need or adapters or are they pretty universal?

*** Kuryakyn Rack 7159--- and they think highly of it-- $200.00

I redid my Audio system... Something you want to consider is keeping the Controller and CB.... I have installed a Kenwood system in my fairing- It does not have a CD player but has AM FM, Bluetooth, Sirius, Pandora, and Iheartradio. It is shorter in depth than typical units and is a marine grade.

I used one set of the RCA preamp outputs to link to the 3.5mm aux port in the stock radio.

I then ran the front speakers directly to the Kenwood Radio and left the rear speaker wiring untouched. Now I leave the stock system in AUX mode and whatever plays on the Kenwood plays through rear...

The benefits of this are: Still have CB Radio---- Still have Intercom Communications----- Anything that plays through Kenwood ex. Pandora will play through the helmets.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/sho_greg/20160221_155727.jpg

Edited by sho_greg

It's hot some good chrome.. like the floorboards.. you might look at the brake covers and shift covers.. you can make them fit easily... also maybe some chrome fender trim around trunk lip.. that'll make it pop.. and the lip of gas tank... cheap easy mod that produces blind results.. that's one of the better midnight editions I have seen..

Lug Nut,

Just a suggestion here.

If you find you might end up chucking parts, how about giving some thought towards donating them to @DragonRider so he can auction them off for the children at St. Judes?

Will do....new to this site and didn't know about this type of auction..

You may want to re-think your plans for your stereo. No matter what you do to it, you are stuck with those wimpy 4" speakers. Unless you plan to do some serious reconstruction to mount larger speakers you will never get the results you seek. Many have tried the amps & speaker route, most say the result was not worth the dollars spent. Your best bang for the buck is going to be a good headset or earbuds.

• 2 months later...

LugNut,

Just did the fire stick swap on a buddys Midnight RSV he now gets Savannah radio in Charleston. Before he couldn't get some of the Charleston stations but we found out that his antenna wire was broken at the mount.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
just got home with my new to me 2002 midnight royal star venture and will have extra parts I do not need. I was wanting input on if they're worth selling or simply pitching. The previous owner upgraded the stereo speakers and installed an amplifier. I will likely be redoing the sound system again and will have the stock speakers the stock tape player the stock controller the aftermarket speakers and the aftermarket amplifier that I will no longer need in addition to the two masked CB antennas. Is there much of a market for this stuff and should I post it here and on Craigslist and what would be a reasonable price to ask for everything? Thanks for the input.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq14/sbojrab/Mobile%20Uploads/12650822_1091630884202582_6904204535737357504_n_zpsfupdmqlg.jpg

Not tyoo sure how old this post is, but I'm looking all over for the CB antenna. Or the other. I don't need to CB function just want the Antenna.

they are running $152 on OEM parts, can't seem to find them on CL or eBay.

let me know if your willing to sell.

If anyone sees one for sale at a more reasonable price please let me know.

TIA