IGNORED

Possible new Chat Room

Freebird

OK folks....some of you have missed the chat room and aren't real happy with the Shout solution that we now have. It's not that I don't care but I've just had a very difficult finding a good replacement for the old one.

I may have finally found one that I think is pretty good. Before I spend the money on it though, I want to know that it's something that you will really use.

Well when the old one went down, a lot of people said that they missed it. The solution that is not installed doesn't seem to be very well accepted. Not sure why because it actually does the same thing the old one did but just without the nice layout. That's OK though...if folks don't like it then I need to come up with something else. Just surprised that now there seems to be little interest. Of course, it was late last night when I posted this so maybe those people who miss the old chat room just haven't seen it yet.

Well when the old one went down, a lot of people said that they missed it. The solution that is not installed doesn't seem to be very well accepted. Not sure why because it actually does the same thing the old one did but just without the nice layout. That's OK though...if folks don't like it then I need to come up with something else. Just surprised that now there seems to be little interest. Of course, it was late last night when I posted this so maybe those people who miss the old chat room just haven't seen it yet.

Yes there are some of us that sleep at night. :stickpoke:

I will be in there. I loved chatting with my VR family.

I realize that even the old chat was not "private" but you had to make an effort to see what was being said in there, With the Facebook chat or the Shoutbox, everything you say is right there in the worlds face where you have to make an effort to not see it.

Naked chat just is not the same out in the open........:whistling: It gets chilly........:whistling:

I think that once the day wakes up there will be more people see this thread.

Well, 48 views and no responses. Maybe you folks don't want a chat room after all. :whistling:

Chat room, there is a chat room :confused24:

Is drinking allowed in the chat room:beer:

I bet you smoking is not allowed in the chat room:no-no-no:

Actually it took me a few times to figure out what that thing was on top of the forum, then I figured out it was a chat room. I have seen activity but when I am on I have not seen anyone in chat.

I guess my question is, how expensive is it, and how hard to maintain?

The old room was remotely hosted and I paid it yearly. They went out of business and left a lot of people hanging. This one is different. I will pay for the software one time and host it on our server. So there will be no monthly or yearly costs. The software is not terribly expensive but not free. Probably about $250.00. Compared to what I have invested in other software here and etc., it's not a bad price.

It shouldn't be much trouble to maintain. The installation and any customization is where the time always comes in. Once installed and the way we want it, I hope there will be very little other maintenance to keep it going.

I've tried it on a demo and it is about the closest thing I've found to our old chat room that most seemed to like. Not exactly but close.

As for Android and Iphone use, it should work. I tested it on my Iphone and it seemed to work OK. The only issue may be getting the mobile application to access our database so that people don't have to sign up and login separately to use it. The site version will do that but I'm not 100% sure about the mobile version. Trying to find out.

Either way, it's about the only thing I have found so regardless of the mobile question, it is probably what I'll do with if enough want the chat room back.

You may find several will say they will use it, now that winter is here and nothing to do. When riding season returns, I would think it would be used very little. I could be wrong though.:confused24:

Its not a necessity for me.

Chat room, there is a chat room :confused24:

Is drinking allowed in the chat room:beer:

I bet you smoking is not allowed in the chat room:no-no-no:

Actually it took me a few times to figure out what that thing was on top of the forum, then I figured out it was a chat room. I have seen activity but when I am on I have not seen anyone in chat.

I guess my question is, how expensive is it, and how hard to maintain?

@Larry1963 there is a lot of drinking in the chat room. @Yama Mama is a great host and tarbender......... Just watch out if Don can find her whip for her.

From some of the conversations I am sure there was something being smoked in the chat room.

There is also a lot of food in the chat room.

Then there are the toga parties, naked chat, etc......................................

​Chat's coming back?!!? Woooo Hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I have always wanted to try the chatroom, but was just too horribly

shy..........Toga-party.jpgI guess I need to get my boots polished and my toga cleaned.

This is very good news. Thank you Don. You are very good to us little people.

Yama Mama

@Larry1963 there is a lot of drinking in the chat room. @Yama Mama is a great host and tarbender......... Just watch out if Don can find her whip for her.

From some of the conversations I am sure there was something being smoked in the chat room.

There is also a lot of food in the chat room.

Then there are the toga parties, naked chat, etc......................................

It is lucky I spent 23 years in the Air Force going to different countries protecting the interest of the US, which has allowed me to see many strange things, like in the Philippians, the Nipa Hut drinking Red Horse Beer, and Sam Miguel beer, some grass shack in South Korea drinking soju, Oscar Champaign and ammo bowls, Thailand eating live squid and drinking I do now know what, along with other sights and sounds before coming a preacher. I can handle this chat room

:dancefool::dancefool::hurts::clap2:

Ripping the sheet off the bed, SIGN ME UP! LETS CHAT!