IGNORED

Wood Stove ?

GolfVenture

The glue will add to the deposits in the chimney, and will light at a lower temp than the creosote. In the very least this will cause a headache for you as you will have to ascend the roof to dump a pail of water down that hole,,, if you can get there in time and it doesn't cause more damage. Further more, it provides little in the effect of heat in the stove, but might make up for that in chimney heat, and if the house goes the way of the chimney, you could temporarily heat the whole neighborhood.

JMT

Here is some light reading regarding some of the chemicals that can be found in OSB but what the heck, probably not much worse than a BigMac patty.

1,2-Dichloroethane * BDL

1,2,4-Trichlorobenzene * BDL

3-Carene BDL

Acetaldehyde * BDL

67-64-1 Acetone 0.0018 U

Acrolein * BDL

80-56-8 Alpha-pinene 0.064 U

Benzene * BDL

127-91-3 Beta-pinene 0.019 U

Bromomethane * BDL

Camphene BDL

Chloroethane * BDL

Chloroethene * BDL

Cis-1,2-dichloroethylene BDL

Cumene * BDL

50-00-0 Formaldehyde * 0.0036 U

Limonene BDL

67-56-1 Methanol * 0.063 U

Methyl ethyl ketone * BDL

Methyl isobutyl ketone * BDL

Methylene chloride * BDL

m,p-Xylene * BDL

o-Xylene * BDL

p-Cymene BDL

p-Mentha-1,5-diene BDL

Phenol * BDL

Propionaldehyde * BDL

Styrene * BDL

Toluene *

been burning wood for years, a refurbished wood stoves is a hobby I've done dozens. A 70 year old retired fire station captain taught me that trick. You get a 32 gallon steel trash can with the lid. You get dry shavings got to be dry like you get off at chainsaw from cutting wood. You fill up the trash can you get a gallon diesel you pour the diesel in stir up with a poker stick leave it outside your house outside your garage to get a large plastic cup from Wendys or McDonalds when you want to light a fire take two pieces of angle iron 1 inch put it across the bottom of your wood stove the diesel wood shavings mix go Been doing it for 15 years I even take it camping with me to light my fire. Years ago I had to get a chimney sweep sweepout 5 minutes. Been doing it for 15 years I even take camping with me to light my fire. Years ago I had to get a chimney cleaner because I changed homeowners insurance so I could have a receipt cuz I do that myself too. I showed him what I was doing and ask him if it was bad for my chimney has no it's better than paper it won't clog. Now you owe me a beer and not a cheap one.

You could burn it in moderation, do yourself a huge favor and get a chimney brush and sticks and run the brush through your chimney real good while its very warm, short strokes and lower a but more short overlapping strokes, clean out the fire box, if it's cold you can get a long hose on the shop vac and remove loose particles do this every few weeks. Check the pipe with a mirror using the sun for a light