IGNORED

Brand loyalty

bj66

Not to hijack the brand satisfaction thread, I thought it would be fun to ask what other brands are iconic in their own right. A brand where people buy because of the brand name. Now let's keep this civil because I'm not looking to argue. It will be fun just to see how far brand loyalty will go.

1. John Deere.....I brought it up in the other thread. From dog clothes to X Mas tree lights and even mailboxes, John Deere has something for you.

2. Ford, Chevy.......each has its loyal fans....

3. Remington, Winchester, Smith and Wesson. When it comes to hunting and guns, there are no more brand loyal people.

4. Pepsi, Coke need I say more.

5. Snap On and Craftsman, I'd even throw DeWalt power tools in there.

6. Goodyear, Firestone.... Believe it or not us farmers can get into this debate alot on tractor tires.

7. Moen fixtures.......

8. Peterbilt, Kenworth.......

9. Nike, Under Armor shoes and fitness apparel.

10. Louisville Slugger baseball bats, Rawlings gloves.

Remember, not to argue why one is better, but add to the list of a brand that is dominant in its field. It will be fun to see how far this goes with stuff we use in everyday life. Let's leave the motorcycle stuff out of it too. We argue about that enough already.

Good thread Beej,, crazy but I got buddies that will :stickpoke: about their Beer brands and almost :buttkick:over the brand of fuel they use in the trucks..

Another one, I was down at our local bike time showing off riding a wheelie on my 185 Suzuki.. Guy with a little boy (maybe 4 years old) comes up to me and asked if I would ride another one for his son - heck yea.. The same guy comes up after words, says his son has a question for me,, thinking the kid wanted to ask about how I aquired my wheelie riding skills, my head started to swell as I prepared my thesis.. Kid says,, cool shoes - where did you get em? I looked at the tennis shoes on my feet and told him I bought em at Good Will for a dollar.. Later I told my son about that and my boy looked at my shoes and said "DAD,, THOSE ARE "SAUCONY'S" AND VERY COOL :confused24:"!! Definitely some shoe brand loyalty in there.

Gotta be some Ice Cream brand loyalist out there somewhere too!! :fnd_(16):

Although I'm now a non-smoker, when I was I pretty much smoked the same brand all the time.

Parts of the country seem to have a brand loyalty too. For example, years ago Eastern Canada was predominately Export A whereas Western Canada was Player's.

IM HOOKED ON YOUR HOTDOGS PUC :parrots:

Now THERE is one item that shall never be the victim of a Brand debate @Drews ,, anyone who know's Hot Dogs like we know Hot Dogs and have ever tried a Hot Dog at one of my Greet-Meet and Eat Meats (a real one,, not talking about an emergency fill in job - wink wink) will back you up 100% I am sure!! No debate there brother!!!:thumbsup:

So Drews,, what did you have for Thanksgiving Dinner? Please dont tell me,, let me forever imagine you and yours sitting around the table gobbling down left over Puc's Hot Dogs :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Miller Welders are better than Lincoln, Pella Windows are better than Anderson, Estwing hammers are far better than Stanley, Redfield scopes are better than Leopold, Burger King Whoppers are better than Mcdonalds Quarter Pounders, Mcdonalds fries are better than Burger Kings, Yamaha snowmobiles are better than Ski Doo's and Cobra CB Radio's are better than Pace.

Miller Welders are better than Lincoln, Pella Windows are better than Anderson, Estwing hammers are far better than Stanley, Redfield scopes are better than Leopold, Burger King Whoppers are better than Mcdonalds Quarter Pounders, Mcdonalds fries are better than Burger Kings, Yamaha snowmobiles are better than Ski Doo's and Cobra CB Radio's are better than Pace.

You are I came close to agreeing. :) OK...I agree with you on five things. I am unsure on two things. I disagree with you on one thing. Can you figure them out? )

:think:,,,,,:scratchchin:,,,, lets see here,, you probably dont get enough snow to go sledding so you probably havent much experience with sleds, cross off snowmobiles.. The CB Radio thing was a comment made from very older experience (not even sure if either of those companies still exist) so cross off radio's. :lightbulb:you like Leopold Scopes :big-grin-emoticon:

Oh Lord please dont let that Harley Rider come out of the closet and now confess he actually likes Mcdonalds Quarter Pounders :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::witch_brew::witch_brew::crackup::crackup:

:think:,,,,,:scratchchin:,,,, lets see here,, you probably dont get enough snow to go sledding so you probably havent much experience with sleds, cross off snowmobiles.. The CB Radio thing was a comment made from very older experience (not even sure if either of those companies still exist) so cross off radio's. :lightbulb:you like Leopold Scopes :big-grin-emoticon:

Oh Lord please dont let that Harley Rider come out of the closet and now confess he actually likes Mcdonalds Quarter Pounders :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::witch_brew::witch_brew::crackup::crackup:

Cobra radios still exist. I have 3 of them just bought in last couple of years. I use them in my farm equipment during harvest. Hardly anybody uses them anymore so its almost like having business band radios. Just don't have as much range.

Man, I wouldnt put Pella windows in a dog house!!