IGNORED

Free! Free! Free!

videoarizona

Whoa! Nice list Dion, thanks.

When I got out in 73, I really felt like I had come back to a different country. The military was not appreciated.

At least now, I'm beginning to think this is changing....slowly...but still changing.

Hmm..if I want to drive back up to Tucson twice tomorrow, I can eat free all day. Doesn't beat my cooking...but does beat my having to wash the dishes!!

Cool.

I have yet to collect one of the free meals. Don't know why. Coming home was something I'll never forget. First time I ever realized how pretty these hills are. Almost went to jail when I got off the bus. Yes the bus!!! Young black kid spit on me and called me a baby killer. I would have killed that baby if the two cops at the station hadn't pulled me off him. Welcome Home!! They took me to the station and when their Sgt. got the story straight he made them deliver me home 10 miles outside the city. Must have told me they were sorry 100 times.

I can remember when the guys were comming back from Nam. I was probably 12 or 13. You could see on the news some of the crap going on over there. But I knew even back then, those guys were only doing basicly what they were told. Thats the way the military worked.

I sure am glad the way our folks are looking at vets has changed. IMOP alot of the Viet Nam guys got more grief they didnt deserve. Thanks to you for serving in a not so popular time. I know most didnt really have a choice.