IGNORED

Morgan CarbTune

cntnvision

The Morgan Carb Tune is the way to go, no mercury, has alum bars that replace the mercury, very easy to use and very durable. Sean Morgan at Morgan has supplied me with at least 7 Carb tunes to be used as prizes at Vogel. They are a very good company and Sean is a very generous business man.

Do you already own the Morgan Color Tune, its not the same as the carb tune.

Thank you for all of the information. I think I'm going to order a set of colortune plugs to help with the air/fuel mixture. I believe the plugs are 12mm on the RSV correct? Anybody use these? What are you thoughts on them?

Ctn, if we are talking about a Colortune like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNSON-COLORTUNE-12MM-SPARK-PLUG-TUNE-UP-TOOL-/191511721127?hash=item2c96fcf4a7:g:BAsAAOxyu0BRfC2z&item=191511721127&vxp=mtr

then yes,, I have had a little exposure to it and yeppers - our Ventures are "D" or 12mm plugs (better double check that though, at least the 1st Gens are, never had the pleasure of owning a 2nd)..

Last year I had an opportunity to get aquainted with a Colortune at @OrlinEngh 's MD over in Wisconsin.. If memory serves me, it was Ken's bike and colortune I played with.. Anyway,, I loved the whole concept of the Colortune and can see where, in the right hands it could/would be a handy tool. Definitely a major plus as you can see the flame burn color, firing consistency and all that right before your eyes! I would LOVE to have 4 of them but, because of affordability in my case - I would rather have one of the above and a set of adapters like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14mm-Colortune-Adapters-10mm-12mm-14mm-Long-and-Taper-18mm-/281777742649?hash=item419b432339:m:m-evYxcdDu4LJuHU1D61ULg&item=281777742649&var=&vxp=mtr

as opposed to owning more than one tuner.. Of course,, if money is no issue than indeed,, it would be fun to have multiples..

I like to play with metering rod fuel tuning cause its a lot easier on these big boys, also used to finish fine tune on the small 4 stroke Honda's and got fairly good at it.. I did a LOT of 2 stroke dirtbike tuning using the "plug chop" method over the years and have found that four strokes are a little more tricky to read plugs on then back in my 2 stroke days (perhaps the two stroke oil burn created a much easier detected light tan color than 4 strokes - IMHO).. I really really enjoyed the Colortune at Orlin's and strongly believe that with a little time for learning I could forget the fooling around with my Yam's trying to read plugs and could do a MUCH more accurate fine tune with a Colortune..

No idea if you know it but the Colortune basically gives you a window into the combustion chamber thru the area of a sparkplug that is usually ceramic. It was fairly easy to use, even with the plugs buried on the Venture like it is. Has a long reach flexible terminal on it that you can screw the "plug" in with. A very well built precision tuning instrument for sure..

Something else to consider here when thinking about taking advice from me.. I am one of these Vacuum Gage freeks when it comes to carb sync tools.. Just a wayyyy old school type of character, still change my own tires by hand and all that kind of stuff. I say that cause there may be better ways/tools to do the stuff we are talking about (like an exhaust "sniffer").. I guess what I am saying is consider the source here (me) before going out and spending your money!! Maybe do more research or hang around here and see if someone more knowledgeable about the Colortune concept comes along..

All the best

Puc