IGNORED

Hey Yammer dan, Still considering a trike?

Motorcycle Mike

Mike, check out craigslist, finger lakes region, NY. there is a 2006, with Motortrike kit for, I believe $14999.00 with 32000 miles.

Boy did I screw that up! Its a 2005 wing trike with 12300 miles on it. That's what the add says. Don't know if they left a number off the mileage and it is really 120300 miles.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Dan isnt buying it and its as nice as it looks in the pictures, I am going to try to make a deal. Seems alittle too good to be true, I was hoping I could get someone local to check it out.

Craig

Dude told me he thought it had Easy Steer and weight supporting floorboards Craig but it would be nice if someone could check it out. It sure is sharp!! Maybe they would give up the Hannigan builder? If I could find the bucks I'd be on that one.

Edited by Yammer Dan

Craig, you saw ours at the motel in NY. It's an 08 and had 10,000 miles on it when we picked it up 3 years ago for 13.5 So all I got to say is sometimes "to good to be true" isn't,,,

Yep, after looking at yours I started thinking it mite be possible to find a nice one in my price range. Anything I ought to check out on the Hannigan kits? Seems like most guys like them.

Craig

Yep, after looking at yours I started thinking it mite be possible to find a nice one in my price range. Anything I ought to check out on the Hannigan kits? Seems like most guys like them.

Craig

First thing that stands out in the pics is the lowers, as was said already, something doesn't look right there, I'd ask seller for more detailed photos. The floorboards should have no effect on the location of the lowers.

Low speed handling problems usually are due to loose neck bearings or shocks set to soft.

The bolts that secure the drive shaft to the rear end sometimes loosen and go missing, causing a drive line vibration.

Depending on build date of the trike, there may be some issues with rear brake rotors and pads being mis-matched causing accelerated brake wear. Go to the trike forum here and do a little reading. Lot's of good info in there.

Consider,,, there is no aux fuel tank, you'll want to add them. Carbon One makes a nice aux tank Another nice thing to add is a set of Flanders G2 handle bars with either longer braided steel or stock RSTD cables. Up to $700 depending on what cable set you use.

Yes, Dave is very close. Let me know if you need me though.

Will do, If its as nice as the dealer says it is, I am going to grab it. Figure I will keep my 06 till I have had the chance to figure out if I am going to like 3 wheels or not. If I dont like it, dont think I will lose alot?

Thanks, Craig

Will do, If its as nice as the dealer says it is, I am going to grab it. Figure I will keep my 06 till I have had the chance to figure out if I am going to like 3 wheels or not. If I dont like it, dont think I will lose alot?

Thanks, Craig

It takes a little time to get comfortable on one when you've been riding on two for a while. Give it at least 1000 miles before you give up on it.

I haven't rode my VTX since I converted the RSV. Love this thing.

Craig ,

I am Heading over around 6:00 to look at it.

I will get back to you later on it .

I had talked to Robin Wednesday about maybe trading my 2 for 1 and some cash .

I wont jump ya on it

They did tell they just got it in on trade and the service dept had not even gone over it yet .

I said I still want to see it they are open till eight .

There is one sale guy i think is just the best if I can get hold of him I will pawn you off on him

Later

Craig if I decide 3 wheels ain't for me....er no wait a minute I just did that. I think. LOL The Warden and I put our heads togather and came up with the cash Craig and it is a great deal (I Hope) but not ready I guess. Maybe I'll put the cash in the place I just bought and flip it!!! Let me see, I bought it yesterday for 25k ya wanna buy it tomorrow for 40......:innocent-emoticon: Is that the way its done???:think: :backinmyday:

Well, I am the new owner of a Blue Trike, the front lower is busted thats why it looks funny in the pics, they are replacing it with new. They also put a new front tire on it and changed out all fluids and gave it a safety inspection? It does have the EZ Steer and aux. fuel tank, also full cover. Now to figure out how to pick it up??

Big Thanks to Dave and Robin for going over and checking it out, gotta love this family!!

Craig

Just get on and ride. Don't worry about how it feels, that it's not the same as two wheels, that it handles different. Enjoy the security of not having to hold up 900 lbs of bike every time you stop or having to balance it at low speeds or having to worry about wet roads and gravel. As long as your face is still in the wind is all that matters. Besides, Kim will love it.

Just get on and ride. Don't worry about how it feels, that it's not the same as two wheels, that it handles different. Enjoy the security of not having to hold up 900 lbs of bike every time you stop or having to balance it at low speeds or having to worry about wet roads and gravel. As long as your face is still in the wind is all that matters. Besides, Kim will love it.

Thanks Bob, not only will Kim love it, she is already talking about driving it!!

Craig