IGNORED

Am I healing??

Yammer Dan

I got a Workout soreness tonight!! Feels almost sexy!! Not much weight yet and hurt like He** but I want my guns back!!! Its been too long. Just nope I can keep going. That's one reason I posted it here. Don't want to admit I couldn't hack it!!!:backinmyday: As young as I am this should be a piece of cake!!!:banana::Avatars_Gee_George:

Light weights going to exhaustion. Got in 3 more reps tonight on one exercise 5 more on another. Not doing much weight . It hurts but I know about pain. Thers is a difference between pain that is doing damage and pain you gain with.:backinmyday:

Right Dan!

there is a big difference with the no pain no gain theory. When dealing with injury, rehabilitation from a musculoskeletal,nervous system functional mobility stand point,you do not want to push through pain. That's a myth and a bad one. Pain is telling you something is wrong, whether it's the amount, the technique, the structure involved is not ready to take on X tasks. You want fatigue, and soreness in the muscle, not pain. If you or anyone has pain, then my humble suggestion is to monitor and modify your current routine. What is often missed but crucial is a heavy dose of stretching before and after, with nice diaphragmatic breathing. Also, part of improving, and healing is rest, diet, sleep and decreased stress. Ya know I love ya Dan, your my guy. Get the guns back, but do it correctly. Don't stress and damage other areas in route to being the superman you want to be

I never made the superman class but maxium security convicts used to move out of my way. I just want a little of that back. I still have a little knowledge just no means to apply. I am not stretching as much as I should but stretching hurts now. I spent about 10 yrs in the weight room just never pushed for Arnold look. Thanks I will be carefull.

I never made the superman class but maxium security convicts used to move out of my way. I just want a little of that back. I still have a little knowledge just no means to apply. I am not stretching as much as I should but stretching hurts now. I spent about 10 yrs in the weight room just never pushed for Arnold look. Thanks I will be carefull.

set smaller goals that will build momentum for the major goals. Stretch light, easy and with short time frame and build. As for convicts moving out of your way, I THINK you like me, but I also would be moving out of your way :)

If you want to "get back on the ball" you should talk to a physiotherapist.

They will look at you injuries, your stage of healing and give you exercises that will increase your mobility and core strength as well as any atrophy you've had.

Once you're healed properly, you can go to the mass workouts.

Until you're healed, you need to talk to a professional as to what your limits are. Get your doctor to refer you to physio and I think it might be covered by your insurance. It is in Canada, but our health care system is a little different than the States.

Pain in this case is NOT your friend. I am a former weight room junky myself. I've also had several serious injuries. Getting back on a program after a serious injury is not just a matter of "pushing through".....

I stacked on a little more weight last night and got back up in the middle of the night to take pain pills so I could sleep. Time to slow down!! It is going Good I just pushed a tad to much. Ouch!!

as a therapist, I find this statement: "it is going good" to be tough to believe 100000% when you have to take pain pills in the middle of the night. Just saying. Don't hurt me :)

You correctional guys are all the same. I had a bear of a man whose arms looked like tree trunks, a correctional officer from WV, who was a bit hard to convince, with a torn rotator cuff, a complete tear, it's not good to be trying to lift bull dozier tires above your head, ( or high as he can anatomically allow)

remember Dan: me friend, you no hurt friend...

as a therapist, I find this statement: "it is going good" to be tough to believe 100000% when you have to take pain pills in the middle of the night. Just saying. Don't hurt me :)

You correctional guys are all the same. I had a bear of a man whose arms looked like tree trunks, a correctional officer from WV, who was a bit hard to convince, with a torn rotator cuff, a complete tear, it's not good to be trying to lift bull dozier tires above your head, ( or high as he can anatomically allow)

remember Dan: me friend, you no hurt friend...

Have you two guys met professionally??????

Have you two guys met professionally??????

We we have met a couple of times socially at B2mom and Vogel . I believe we'd be the VR version of the Odd Couple...

that said, I will always remember when Dan called me out of the blue bc he saw a report of a venture getting into a bad accident in my home state. It was same year and color of my venture. I was riding that day and wondered who is calling. When he called to check on me after basically warming up to me at Vogel, I knew this guy was a loyal friend. Where I come from that holds major weight. I don't forget stuff like that.

I was wondering there were any parts left worth getting...no wait I didn't have a 2nd Gen then...:Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday:

I did a few very light reps last night. Feel pretty good today. A little tender in spots I didn't want to be tender. Right around where ribs were busted the worse but I think it was just muscle soreness. I am being carefull. This ain't my first dance. Tonight??

Edited by Yammer Dan

Took night off. Feel the best I have since going down this morning. The shoulder I broke is still tender but to be expected I guess. Get back at it tonight or give it couple days? Back in the day I worked out every day although it recommended to do it about twice a week. The everyday thing worked for me back then. Not so sure now. Guilt will probally make me get back tonight. More of a break and it becomes habit to pass it up.

You should be resting roughly two out of 7 on a mass/maintenance program. The rest is just as important as the workouts, maybe more. A little cardio or stretching is OK though, Just don't overdo it on rest days.

Geez, all this talk is going to get me back in the weight room if I'm not careful....I was the hoodie sweatshirt pulled over, looking straight ahead, earbuds in, leave me alone and cranking sets guy....didn't make many friends but had some good size on.

Ah, youth, wasted on the young....