IGNORED

How far have you driven on Reserve Fuel?

I go to unlock the gas cap and... I only brought the ignition key and forgot the key that matched everything else. I had not way of removing the gas cap. Yikes! So we headed back home. I was doing the math on mileage and past experience about twice per minute the entire ride home. We did make it all the way home, had to use reserve of course. What an anxious little ride back for both of us.

You also belong to the "Nerves of Steel" club!

I usually ride necked... Less wind resistance.... Puc is my Mentor.

And here are some words of wisdom from your Mentor Duey,, "most business establishments follow the code of NO SHOES - NO SHIRT - NO SERVICE,, therefore its always best to carry your shoes and a shirt on your bike somewhere just in case" :big-grin-emoticon:

On a trip up to Ky from my buddies in NC. We were running along and I needed fuel. I think I went like 40 some miles, I was sweating it bad.5.2 gal or something, I was scared we even detoured so I could gas up as we had not seen any signs for gas stations. Turn back on the road we were on, and sure enough 3 or so miles down road was a C-store with gas. Geeze

• 3 weeks later...

I always ride on reserve. I look for gas around the 180 mile mark, kowin i still have a good 25 miles left in the tank. I hate having to bend over to switch to reserve while tooling down the freeway. Or any road for that matter. And as far as running out of gas: Why don't cars have reserve? Because the owners look at their fuel gauge and or tripmeter.Reserve on a bike is dumb. You can still run out of gas if you are not paying attention.

After switching to reserve I rode my RSV all the way until it quit. That reserve doesn't mean it will go forever. They'll still run out of gas. Reserve is supposed to be one gallon. Some are, others maybe not so accurate. Also riding conditions will make a big difference. Still it is nice to have the warning when getting low on fuel.

Mike

Edited by MikeWa

• 1 year later...

First trip out I ran out of gas at 146 Miles. Fuel gauge comes and goes and never accurate. No reserve that I can find on my Venture. Had to walk 15' before a driver took me to get gas and brought me back! Super Blessed that day! That gauge is on the winter To Do list.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk