IGNORED

Looking for some input......................

DragonRider

Vogel is over, I think it was quite a success from my viewpoint. What I would like to hear is input from those that attended this year and in previous years as how they compared. Was it too long, too short, did you enjoy the format, with no registration fee, how about the shirts, custom made or St. Jude shirts, do you want custom patches or not, door prizes, too many, not enough, raffles, yes or no, catered meal or pitch money in the bucket or no meal at all on Sat. How about the rides, more or less. This will help me determine what the majority like or want and help me decide on how to plan future events if we decide to continue doing so. If you have any ideas that might make it better I am open to suggestions. We have been doing this since 2005 and have had 7 Vogels since then. We want to make it easier on everybody including me and Charlene. So PLEASE, feel free to help us out here, it would be greatly appreciated. The main focus we have in doing these is helping out the "Kids" at St. Jude Children's Hospital.

Mike and I personally love the tshirts. However, we would rather have a rally without the tshirts, patches, etc and get to see everyone than no rally. I do think that we should look at other places to eat other than Fatz that are capable of handling a crowd of us. I liked the meal this year even if we had Jamie on the grill and he was busy cooking. I think length of time is too short, but I wouldn't change it just to suit me. A lot of work goes into preparing for Vogel. And adding a day or even two with everything you, Charlene, Jamie and Paula, do to make this an awesome rally year after year can't be left unsaid. Mike and I truly appreciate the vacation time you put together for us every rally. I hope that in 2 years we have a bigger and better rally with a large turnout.

I can also say, a lot of our GWRRA club members would have joined and spread the word through the other state clubs if I had known it was acceptable to cross post the rally to them sooner. They said if there is another Vogel they would like to come support what you do for St. Jude's.

Tricia, that goes without saying, next year we will not be going to Fatz, too many complaints about service, even from me...................

Mike and I personally love the tshirts. However, we would rather have a rally without the tshirts, patches, etc and get to see everyone than no rally. I do think that we should look at other places to eat other than Fatz that are capable of handling a crowd of us. I liked the meal this year even if we had Jamie on the grill and he was busy cooking. I think length of time is too short, but I wouldn't change it just to suit me. A lot of work goes into preparing for Vogel. And adding a day or even two with everything you, Charlene, Jamie and Paula, do to make this an awesome rally year after year can't be left unsaid. Mike and I truly appreciate the vacation time you put together for us every rally. I hope that in 2 years we have a bigger and better rally with a large turnout.

There are 2 restaurants in Hiawassee capable of handling the crowd. One is the Chophouse, but I think too pricy to be budget friendly. And Daniel's is where the local GWRRA holds it's meetings. Mike and I ate at Daniel's on Sunday. Great food selection and priced well. They have several large rooms that can hold our sized crowds. Mike tested them, they made Todd's pittsburgh char steak to perfection. I think you would be pleased.

I think it would have been better if I were there.

Thats why I didn't go, because you weren't there . Nice to see you posting again

this is from my viewpoint from the previous Vogel

i love the location and the lodging. I didn't care for the restaurant. Perhaps have less raffles, but just have people donate more money for the cause. more time to ride in a large or broken up groups to see the sights and enjoy the scenery. Perhaps dedicate time to ride the skyway or dragon. Vogel as a whole is awesome. If Trish, Steve K, myself and others can get the GWers to support St. Jude it would be better turnouts. Perhaps incorporate breakfast and or lunch runs near by for those that wish. I met some great VR members from Vogel and I'd do it again

First off I have to say either way y'all did a fantastic job and I hope to see this event go on for many more years, I am with Tricia and Mike on the T-shirts patches etc, I like them but doing without them means more participation and more money for the kids so be it. I liked the cook out meal so I am good with taking a collection for the meal, I like the door prizes but if they were not there or less it would not make a difference.

This is the first Vogal I have been at in a while, other than just passing through. This one was really great. Linda and I spent our first night in the Time Out camper I got about 10 months ago and that was neat. Linda was able to meet some new friends that she really liked, along with some old friends and so did I. I do want to say that the door prizes were neat, especially since I won so much, but even if we did not have them, it would have been good. The meal was good and I feel making a contribution for that works good. Given my involvement in Asheville, where I have tried to keep it very laid back, I think this Vogal seemed more that way and I hope less stressful. To me, this get together was more like a good family reunion than just a bike rally. It still amazes me how strong the family and caring feeling is with this group. I was asked by several about the plans for Asheville 2016 and most say they would like to plan for the 3rd week of August and some say they need to make vacation plans for next year by the end of this year. I will look at this a see what we can do. Lewis, as usual. you and Charlene did a fantastic job and everyone seemed to have a great time. I know you had some help and I want to thank them too. I hope you will be able to come to Asheville and since you seemed to enjoy this so much, maybe you can help out at Asheville.

Lewis you asked well here it is: Since this was my first Vogel I don't have past ones to pull from but I did enjoy this one. Since I spent two days extra, one before and one after the length was just right and the format worked well, since I have not had to do the registration fee thing I would say leaving it up to each person to donate what they can afford may get more participation. We like receiving shirts but if there is no registration fee to cover expenses how about taking orders for shirts and patches that way there will be none left to keep up with and haul around. Door prizes are fun and a great way for some people to repurpose some things they no longer want or need, we may be able to get donations to raffle off merchandise just by advertising for the person doing the donating, and I think the grill master did a great job cooking the meal. Thanks for letting Trina and I be a part of this Vogel.

Thanks Woody, we were so happy you guys made it, as for the t-shirts, those will always be there, they are how St. Jude thanks us for the donations, in fact as soon as the donation is made they will send me an order form for more, and they are different every year. Patches, up in the air on that. We did well with the donation box and we had far less give aways than past years, but more than I thought we would have, and that is thanks to all the generous members who donated them, I didnt purchase any of them. I thought it worked well and if everybody liked it then all is good.

Lewis,

Barb and I enjoyed both of the Vogels that we have been to. I agree that a different restaurant would be better for Wednesday's meal. A place that could set up a long table or two so that we could visit would be nice. The rides, Saturday's meal, and everything else was perfect. We liked no registration fee, but also understand that sometimes you might need the fee to cover costs. You did great.

Frank

Lewis, I know all of the "Crazy Cuzins" had a great time and after this trip we have adopted a new member into the family.

I liked the format this year, you made it seem seamless and easy. I think if more people would

pre-register it would be a lot easier to plan the Wednesday meal. We could make a reservation instead of

just showing up with all those people. Thanks for all you do, it's priceless.

Thanks Sonny, even if only you guys would have shown up, it was still have been a great time. We actually did call them, but they dont take reservations, but they knew we were coming, next time a different place with a room for all of us. It was great seeing all of you and a big thank you for the leathers that you and Joe brought. Looking forward to seeing you guys again and just us crazies going for a ride, in your neck of the woods.