IGNORED

did i buy a lemon?

If you read the comparisons in the mags you know that in comparisons to the big tourers... Venture came in 1st or 2nd.

Try the things suggested (start with the least expensive or has the highest potential to resolve your issue). Great bike and you'll enjoy it for thousands of trouble free riding.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got to ride Rmar's venture today and what a difference. He has the Baron's risers and the Michellen 130/90/16 up front and it's a much easer bike to handle at all speeds, not just low speeds. The shorter tire up front makes it noticably eaiser to get on and off of and seems to lower the center of gravity. Now to make those changes in my bike and switch oil to 20/50 and see if that helps with the noise. I'll post my results later. Thanks for all the help guys!

is your clutch fluid dark brown. it may not be releasing all the way. Mine about drove me crazy when I first got it. changed fluid then replaced clutch discs and spring. pulls a little harder but will never get ride of bike till its dead and cant find parts.

is your clutch fluid dark brown. it may not be releasing all the way. Mine about drove me crazy when I first got it. changed fluid then replaced clutch discs and spring. pulls a little harder but will never get ride of bike till its dead and cant find parts.

Hard to tell by just looking through the small sight glass on the resivor, so I plan on just changing it, along with the front and rear brake fluid.

But the big question, while you traded bikes, did you determine that your noise is "normal" or a problem in the making.
Well, it's louder than RMAR's bike. So I figure I'll switch from the 10/40 to a 20/50 and see if that helps quite things. He said that at or around 70, the noise fades but I seldom ride that fast, so hopefully thicker oil will help.

Well, it's louder than RMAR's bike. So I figure I'll switch from the 10/40 to a 20/50 and see if that helps quite things. He said that at or around 70, the noise fades but I seldom ride that fast, so hopefully thicker oil will help.

Just in case you aren't aware, RSV's speedometers read high so at 70 on the speedo you are only going approximately 65MPH. On my bike the noise fades drastically when I run 72 on the speedo then all the way to about 80 its good. Heavier oil does help a wee bit.

Doug, I just saw this thread tonight. Not as frequent on the forum as I was.

I live in Lugoff,,, right down Hwy 34 from you. I am semi-retired.

You have already changed oil and if that has got it, good.

Else, we can hook up and let me ride yours,,, you ride mine type thing.

I have a 2009 RSV and a 2006 RSTD. Both lowered and lot's of miles on them.

No whine on the RSTD,,, but has loud cans. The first owner DID change the basket under warranty.

Some whine on the RSV but usually just in the mountains going up. It does have a stock basket.

Anyhow, if you want to compare notes send me a PM and can exchange phone and email.

Can meet you at the Sonic in Winnsboro, buy me a shake.

Mike G in SC