IGNORED

Slingshot....

bj66

Since I already made that choice it was hands down the Slingshot. Both for the extra safety built in and comfort. Didn't hurt to be cheaper than the Can Am either.

I do realize it don't replace a motorcycle nor is it for everyone. I will say they've a blast to drive thou.

Larry

II wasn't meaning to offend anyone. I hope no one took offense. Just saw the slingshot and it looks like a lot of fun. Can Ams look fun too. As long as a guy gets out and enjoys himself, its all good!

I almost don't understand why you have to wear a helmet in a slingshot other than it's "classed" as a motorcycle.

I mean, you can be riding around in a classic Morgan, an old mg or something similar. That's probably even less vehicle than the slingshot. Yet no helmets on those gents.

The spyder I understand helmets on. You're not down inside the machine, you are on it. If you are on it, you can be pretty easily thrown off it.

Hmmm, that raises an interesting question for me: does the slingshot have seat belts?

Drove a slingshot at Rapid City, it was a fun ride but you lose too much of the bike feel. It would be fun to have but for now I'll stick with a venture. The new F3 spyder looks like it would be a better fit for me than the regular spyder. Just my:2cents: worth.

From what I've seen the slingshot is very big but has no storage or next to no storage. So for day rides it would be so much fun but for trips maybe a little lacking.. The spyder has all sorts of storage if you get the touring model.. AND it's lots of fun to drive as well.. Just my thinking.. I'm leaning towards a Miata when I get to the point where I am not comfortable holding the bike up..

From what I've seen the slingshot is very big but has no storage or next to no storage. So for day rides it would be so much fun but for trips maybe a little lacking.. .

You could always tow a trailer. I noticed CarbonOne added a hitch to his Slingshot

I saw a bunch of those Slingshots out at Sturgis too BJ,, never have driven one but all the folks I saw in them looked like they were having a RIOT (positive thing) and I saw none broken down (another HUGELY positive thing).. I gotta hunch that the Polaris folks gotta a keeper on their hands with this one!! They seemed to be very well accepted into the "culture" out at Sturgis - lots of folks checking them out..

I'm sure they are a blast to drive, but that's my point, you drive it, you don't ride it. It is set up the same as a car, therefore it is a 3 wheeled car, which is nothing new, they have been around for many years, just not as hot as the slingshot.

As with any new product there's things that could be improved on. Lots of aftermarket companies are starting to address the needs & wants of the owners. Corbin just announced storage units that will help to increase storage capacity a lot. A bit pricey but this is what happens sometimes with new products. Add a hitch like I did and tow just about any trailer you want. With 170 HP on tap and good gearing you're good to go.

I agree it's more roadster than bike but you'd be surprised how bike like it feels like when driving it.

Like anything its what appeals to you, be it cars, trucks, street rods, mc's.

Larry