IGNORED

Bluetooth device thread

utadventure

Folks, if somebody is on the VentureRider Facebook page then they should also be a member here. In this case, that is indeed the case. @Bob Myers is a supporting member. I just tagged him by putting the @ in front of his username so he should get a notification about this discussion.

Hmmmm We have a varmit here with that same name.........

Yea, and he looks like the guy who watches me brush my teeth in the morning too!

Yes, Dave(Utahventure) I am on the edge of having a plug and play unit to plug into the 5pin headset units. I already am making and selling units to go inline on Goldwings.

My only holdup at this time is time. Busy at work, wife has too many honey-dos, but I am plugging along on it

Yea, and he looks like the guy who watches me brush my teeth in the morning too!

Yes, Dave(Utahventure) I am on the edge of having a plug and play unit to plug into the 5pin headset units. I already am making and selling units to go inline on Goldwings.

My only holdup at this time is time. Busy at work, wife has too many honey-dos, but I am plugging along on it

So whats it do??? Is it different than the cables that connect to a BT GPS and supposedly let you use your phone? I have yet to get mine to work correctly. I can hear phone but the other party says there is tons of background noise and no voice. I have yet to get anyone to give me info on how to use it exactly. I get the pairing etc, just the voice from the bike over the phone sucks no volume and I have not found a way to increase it

OK so this leaves me out for now. LOL

Got a question for you though. If I make an adapter to plug in the 5 pin say in the back for the wife so it would play music from her phone I'm thinking it would also play up to mine, which is what I dont want. Trying to figure out how to allow her to play music from her phone and not transmit thru entire system. A diode inline maybe??

So whats it do??? Is it different than the cables that connect to a BT GPS and supposedly let you use your phone? I have yet to get mine to work correctly. I can hear phone but the other party says there is tons of background noise and no voice. I have yet to get anyone to give me info on how to use it exactly. I get the pairing etc, just the voice from the bike over the phone sucks no volume and I have not found a way to increase it

I have the Buddy Rich cable connected to my Garmin Zumo 660 and it works great !

This will plug into the headset cable and allow a BT helmet to do anything you could do when wired, including talk on the CB and answer the phone. Of course the key ingredient here is to have BT headsets in your helmet(s).

Would a person need two of these adapters? One for the passenger and rider?

I have the Buddy Rich cable connected to my Garmin Zumo 660 and it works great !

So what pray tell controls the voice volume over the phone so someone can hear you. When I try to use it and the bike is moving all she says she can hear is woosh, so I'm guessing background noise. I have looked for setting in garmin (765) dont see anything. I have the phone volume cranked up so I can hear music anyways so wouldnt think thats it. Does the IC volume control voice for the BT use of phone?

You would only need one of these, providing you both have BT helmet headsets. The Bt headset will allow you to operate phone also without the background noise associated with just linking it to the GPS.

I have negotiated with a dealer who will sell the Sena 20s as a pair, and the needed SMH10-M01 module to people I send to them for far less than most dealers are even paying for the units/ With my adapter, and the 220S headsets, plus one SMH10-M01 you are at $575 total, shipped in the US. The Sena units, being bought from dealer actually carries a full 2 year warranty.

I have negotiated with a dealer who will sell the Sena 20s as a pair, and the needed SMH10-M01 module to people I send to them for far less than most dealers are even paying for the units/ With my adapter, and the 220S headsets, plus one SMH10-M01 you are at $575 total, shipped in the US.
I'm not sure what you are saying here. The SMH20 is the latest version of the SMH10 headset. The SMH10-M01 is the power module for the SMH10 so why is it necessary?

This will plug into the headset cable and allow a BT helmet to do anything you could do when wired, including talk on the CB and answer the phone. Of course the key ingredient here is to have BT headsets in your helmet(s).
In order to transmit both CB and stereo to the headset two Sena modules are needed, the SR10 and the SM10. Gets to be quite expensive. Seems to me Sena could could combine both functions into one module.

If I make an adapter to plug in the 5 pin say in the back for the wife so it would play music from her phone I'm thinking it would also play up to mine, which is what I dont want. Trying to figure out how to allow her to play music from her phone and not transmit thru entire system.
For about $30 you can get a Bluetooth transmitter that can be connected through a 3.5mm jack to a phone or MP3 player and pair it with the headset. Most of the transmitters I found on Amazon would transmit to only one receiver which is what you are after.

There is one that will transmit to two receivers at the same time and that one is the Aukey BT-C3 module. I recently purchased one of these and it worked very well...but only for a day...gotta love Chinese stuff. Anyway, I sent it back to Amazon and will probably get another one and give it one more try.

The SMH10 module goes onto a helmet clamp i modify and build a small circuit board to adapt to the bike. So, no SM10 needed. SM10 would work,, if you don't care to key two PTT switches at once or build a latching relay system to interface to the bike PTT. Still a couple more dollars than the harness I do and a SMH10

Sena does not list a SMH20, they do however have a 20S. It is far and above a better unit than the SMH10, it will multi function, as in intercom and media connection simultaneously, SMH10 will not. SMH10 does one thing at a time, and it does it very well, I wanted 2 things at once though.I was sold a set of SMH 10 with the information it would multi task. I kept them less than a month, bought a Sena 20S and been very happy

And yes, you only need one of these adapters with a SMH10 module to pair to your headsets. You then can do via BT anything the wired headsets would do, plus answer the phone and have the audio in your helmet

For about $30 you can get a Bluetooth transmitter that can be connected through a 3.5mm jack to a phone or MP3 player and pair it with the headset. Most of the transmitters I found on Amazon would transmit to only one receiver which is what you are after.

There is one that will transmit to two receivers at the same time and that one is the Aukey BT-C3 module. I recently purchased one of these and it worked very well...but only for a day...gotta love Chinese stuff. Anyway, I sent it back to Amazon and will probably get another one and give it one more try.

Some where I think we are missing what I am trying to do. I currently have the OEM 5 pin stuff. I have connections so I can listen to my phone via 3.5mm hook up or GPS same way. I would like for the wife to be able to listen to what she wants and I can listen to something completely different and still have comm. So I think the smh10 or 10r would probably do what I want. The smh5 gets poor marks on the mounting and connections etc.

Yes, the 5 was a good unit when tested, but wasn't tested hanging on a helmet.

If you wish to do so, I am not trying to con you into buying my setup or any one elses, I will explain as best I can what I have learned, the long, expensive, hard way.

If you have Sena 20s on both your and wifes helmet, we'll call them 1 for you and two for her cause I'm lazy and slow when typing. And you have this SMH10 mounted on my modified clamp you can ;

1) PAIR 1 AND 2 then you hear her, and she hears you just like wired intercom

2) PAIR 1 AND 2, together and then pair#1 to the slave unit(SMH10). You hear music and Cb have ability to talk on Cb, although she will hear you yak on CB, she hears only you when you talk through the intercom.

3) Pair 1 and 2, pair 1 to the slave, and 1 to your phone.

She can then either listen in on your music or plug in an MP3 player to her headset, or ride along in near total quiet.

With the SMH10 and adapter harness you can plug into 5 pin din connector and do all of what the wired headset will do, or as little as you wannt, in either helmet, at any time. Plus answer the phone. If your GPS is BT enabled, you can pair to it too, or leave it wired as you have now.

The SMH10 module goes onto a helmet clamp i modify and build a small circuit board to adapt to the bike. So, no SM10 needed. .... And yes, you only need one of these adapters with a SMH10 module to pair to your headsets. You then can do via BT anything the wired headsets would do, plus answer the phone and have the audio in your helmet
I think you may have left me behind. :pushups:

So your circuit board somehow allows the audio system to connect to the SMH10 headset module which then will transmit to the 20S headset???

That's pretty cool. :thumbsup2:

That is correct Clive,, "somehow". it is all magic, with smoke and mirrors, and like everything else electronic, if you let the smoke out, it stops performing magic for us.

No, you were not left behind, i just had not explained it concisely.

So what pray tell controls the voice volume over the phone so someone can hear you. When I try to use it and the bike is moving all she says she can hear is woosh, so I'm guessing background noise. I have looked for setting in garmin (765) dont see anything. I have the phone volume cranked up so I can hear music anyways so wouldnt think thats it. Does the IC volume control voice for the BT use of phone?

The IC volume control does just that....the IC volume. Has nothing to do with microphone pick-up. Aud volume controls just that.

What do you use for a mic ? Full face/half helmet ? Where do you have the mic positioned ?

I wear a full face helmet with J&M Performance headset. If someone says they can't hear me I move the helmet back a little so the mic is more in front of my mouth.