IGNORED

Worm Farming?

Black Owl

My bro n law used to have a box at the lake house. Used a dead chest freezer. Said he filled it with dirt, put the bacon grease and coffee grinds in and the worms loved it. I tried raising honeybees but learned they're girls and expected me to acomadate their schedule. Got out of that quick.

My bro n law used to have a box at the lake house. Used a dead chest freezer. Said he filled it with dirt, put the bacon grease and coffee grinds in and the worms loved it. I tried raising honeybees but learned they're girls and expected me to acomadate their schedule. Got out of that quick.

Not to mention, the sting from a honey bee is a lot more painful than the sting from an earth worm. :rasberry:

I used to have a Red Wiggler farm with 7 other farmers for a total of 3,000 feet of wind rows. We harvested a minimum of 6 yards of castings every weekend.

It is a LOT of work when you do it commercially.

"Red Wigglers, the Cadillac of worms"------WKRP in Cincinnati. As soon as I saw this I started humming that jingle. Could'nt help myself.

Not to mention, the sting from a honey bee is a lot more painful than the sting from an earth worm. :rasberry:

If you put a six foot wood fence in front of the bee hive the bees will mostly stay out of your way. The fly it that height when coming and going. When I was in iraq we gave out business grants for locals to produce honey. I learned a lot about the process while I was there. Todays tip of the day :)

If you put a six foot wood fence in front of the bee hive the bees will mostly stay out of your way. The fly it that height when coming and going. When I was in iraq we gave out business grants for locals to produce honey. I learned a lot about the process while I was there. Todays tip of the day :)

See, yah lern something new every day from this site. Thanks for the tip,,