IGNORED

Daytime running light, who has them?

Great adVENTURE

Actually mine are just above. They are LED of ebay about 30 bucks. I forget the lumines, but have hi and low beams and a modulating function.

Does it have a switch for changing from Hi / lo / modulating?

Got pictures of switch and where you mounted it?

Dan,

What exactly are you looking to do with the lights. The reason I ask this is 2 fold, 1 are you wanting extra light to see the road, 2 just something inexpensive to put out more light to be seen. If your wanting a better view of the road spend some money and invest in a good pair of driving lights that go up by the headlight, like on the factory light bar. The cheaper walmart ones will last a little while, but there is no quality to them so to speak. I have had them and can say this from experience. I just purchased a pair of lights for my RSV that are LED's and are outstanding. DarrinGT put a post up about them and they are everything that he claims them in the post.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?100890-Love-the-new-LED-Headlight-Driving-Lights

The lower you install them the better chance they will be taken out by road debris. Been there, seen that 0.02

Does it have a switch for changing from Hi / lo / modulating?

Got pictures of switch and where you mounted it?

Switch-web.jpgSwitch-Location-web.jpgI used a piece of channel alum I had that the micro toggle switch (from radio shack) and momentary off button would fit inside. So switch on lights are on. You have to look at them to see if on hi low or flash. but then push button to cycle thru to where you want them. The alum bracket once I was ready a couple small holes and zip tied around handlebar.

Dan,

What exactly are you looking to do with the lights. The reason I ask this is 2 fold, 1 are you wanting extra light to see the road, 2 just something inexpensive to put out more light to be seen. If your wanting a better view of the road spend some money and invest in a good pair of driving lights that go up by the headlight, like on the factory light bar. The cheaper walmart ones will last a little while, but there is no quality to them so to speak. I have had them and can say this from experience. I just purchased a pair of lights for my RSV that are LED's and are outstanding. DarrinGT put a post up about them and they are everything that he claims them in the post.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?100890-Love-the-new-LED-Headlight-Driving-Lights

The lower you install them the better chance they will be taken out by road debris. Been there, seen that 0.02

The answer to both questions is yes. I had the opportunity to see my bike driving towards me and from about 100 yards it seems to just blend in to the surroundings. My bike is black, my full face intercom helmets are black, my joe rocket leather riding jacket is a rustic dark brown, I do on the occasion use a hi-viz vest which the front fairing blocks. Just curious to see examples of what other riders may have done to there bikes. I was looking at the front led replacement blinkers that also act as white daytime running lights from custom dynamics and thought that would be a good option.

Okey Dokey. You do get what you pay for. Twistedthrottle.com . But be prepared to pay top dollar for top quality lighting. I just put a set of 10 watt LED's on mine from them. The brand is Denali. Top shelf construction and the wiring harness is first rate with bullet proof connectors and good wiring. Mine have a ballast so to speak. Wired as they are on low beam I have 50% power and they are great running lights / low beams. When I switch to high beam they are full 10 watt (each) LED driving lights that light up the world in front of me.

I drilled 2 holes on each side of my fairing on the underside of the (former) vent channel from the front of the fairing. I mounted the light bracket to the front hole and the wire passes through the rear hole into my fairing on each side.

I had a set of HID lights with self contained ballasts that threw good light, but the "lag" when switching form low to high or back sucked pond scum. They had to warm up when switched. These LED's ROCK.

Now the bad news. $375 a set.

With a 12" strip of white 5630 LED's on each side of my fairing, a 1 watt LED on each mirror, my PIAA 100 watt equivalent Halogen headlamp,and this set of running / driving lights no one has pulled left in front of me lately. Some just stare at the front of my bike now. That's kinda cool.

The answer to both questions is yes. I had the opportunity to see my bike driving towards me and from about 100 yards it seems to just blend in to the surroundings. My bike is black, my full face intercom helmets are black, my joe rocket leather riding jacket is a rustic dark brown, I do on the occasion use a hi-viz vest which the front fairing blocks. Just curious to see examples of what other riders may have done to there bikes. I was looking at thef front led replacement blinkers that also act as white daytime running lights from custom dynamics and thought that would be a good option.

Hate to say it, but visability wise I think you touched on part of it. I painted my shorth helmet with hi vis yellow plasti dip paint pretty cool stuff. I also try to wear a hi vis vest to help out. Even behind the fairing I think the vest helps some. If you are not running a HID headlight and dont plan to, I suggest a headlight modulator. They really grab attention. The lights I have could be mounted up by the passing light if I wanted to. Dont know if you have the passing lights. If not you can probably mount them up on the turn signal bar.

I have thought about a strip of LED lights that have the double stick tape on them and maybe run them like along the edge of the fairing by the clear lowers.

By comparison to the head light and the lighting in he picture they seem bright. There are so many options like size and intensity to choose from. Makes the decision difficult without seeing them in person.

Yea and pattern is big too. They dont exactly allways say its a pencil beam or a wide beam etc. And I dont know about you, but lumins other than bigger is better theroy..........