IGNORED

Not canceling vogel.............................................

DragonRider

Vogel is not being canceled, I have heard from some members and I have decided that I will do this years Tail of the Dragon/Vogel VII freestyle, meaning no fees and no frills. I would still like to receive a registration from those that plan on coming, but do not send any money, save it for a donation or raffle tickets when you get there. I will not have t-shirts or patches made and we will forgo the catered meal on Saturday. We will still have a the shelter for Sat. so we will still gather there for the afternoon for raffles and door prices and auctions. There wont be as much as in the past but we will have some. So if the fee's were holding you back, now you have no reason not to come. I hope this will convince some new members to come check out the area, its great riding and sights are many.

I will have a limited number of Cruisin' for St. Jude shirts available. Those will be free to each person that comes on a first come basis, I hope I have enough.

We will still have our regular ride into Blairsville, Ga, to dine at Fatz, which has great food and has always given us great food and service.

If you have already mailed me a check, I can return it to you or tear it up, or whatever you want me to do with it.

This event means a lot to me, and I really did not want to cancel, so we start a new chapter in the ongoing series, Tail of the Dragon/Vogel.

Thank you for not canceling Lewis! Mike and I look forward to Vogel everytime. It's the vacation we know we can plan for each host year. Also, thank you for saving me from spending 8 days with my mother in law. Now I have only 4 days with her lol. Bless her, she means well, but she and I are very different people. Maybe I can get her to come socialize Saturday and bring the kids.

Lewis, Linda and I will try to be there even if we are not on the bike. We may trailer the Timeout Camper down with one of the Miata's. I think this a good idea to at least try this for one time and see how it works. Being on Social Security has sure caused me to have to take a look at expenses and I am sure I am not the only one.

The only thing I did for Asheville is collect information for an ICE (in case of emergency) list and that has helped on more than one occasion for people to have this to contact other members that are coming or there. For those that contributed their info, I would e-mail them before their trip or give them a copy when they arrived.

I want to encourage everyone that can to come to Vogal and this great event. Also, I think this way will be a lot more relaxing and fun for you and Charlene. We might see if anyone wants to bring a grill and fix hot dogs and hamburgers for those interested as Vogal does not have the abundance of places to eat like Asheville does. But, I have yet to see anybody starve to death at any of our events.

We just usually have a donation cup to help pay for expenses when we do meals.

Randy

Lewis I have been watching this event the last couple years and have not been able to get there. I just don't have enough vac. time to do it but the next one you hold I WILL be there as I will have all the vac. time I can handle after May of next year.

I have a smallish charcoal grill and a stash of charcoal I can load in the Van if someone wants to help me unload stuff Sat. Blairsville has a Walmart and an Ingles in town for grocery shopping. I have a Sam's 10mins from the house. If we can get a head count a couple of weeks ahead of time I'm sure everyone can bring some contribution of food to the table for a Saturday meal. Mike and I talked, we are going to try and get his Mom and our kids to come hang out Sat with everyone. With everything going on with Mike's Dad we feel she needs to be social.

I can bring a couple of bags of charcoal. I'm sure I can get some hotdogs from Sam's too. As it stands Mike and I will be in Blairsville from the Sat before Vogel until the 16th. If buns or bread items are requested of me, remind me before I leave home, I don't generally shop for bread.

Come on down, I'm sure we can find you a sleeping spot.

Knowing you bunch of lop eared party varmints staying up all night, I would be more worried about YammerDan and Fozzie Bear eating all the hot dogs before I got there than finding a spot to sleep Kat:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks for the offer Kat - its GREATLY appreciated:thumbsup: - you southerners are some of the most hospitable folks known to man!!:thumbsup:

Puc,

You don't have to worry about Yammer, he ain't moving too fast these days.

Neither is Fozzie Bear.......................

Unless you two pranksters have developed tennis elbow (and I am pretty sure neither one of you are into tennis) and/or have lost it in hand/eye cordination,,,, or had some kind of tummy flu,,, I highly spect moving a freshly roasted hot dog from grill to biters is gonna be affected :178::rotfl:

Lord I hope not!!

Seriously though, Prayers Up and Blessings Down for both my hero's YammerDan and the Fozzie too!!:thumbsup:

Oh, and while I will bringing the hot dogs, I'm electing someone else to do the grilling. Not sure how willing anyone will be to eat my attempts to grill on charcoal. Should we put Jamie on the grill? Lol

I dont think I would try that,, Jamie always appeared to me to be better off smoked than grilled:doh:,, now that other feller,, Dana,,, I think he would do better on a grill... Actually, after that scene in Fozzies cabin a while back they are both probably still in the :witch_brew::backinmyday::stickpoke: