IGNORED

Might be a bit premature to post this....

GAWildKat

But Mike gave me my mother's day present last weekend. He took me on a photoshoot. The 1st I have done since the gastric bypass. I'll also post a pic from exactly 1 year before my photoshoot. I'm 3.5mons postop and haven't felt this good in years. I have lost 55lbs. so far, another 45 to go.FB_IMG_1431706440793.jpgFB_IMG_1431696641822.jpgFB_IMG_1431696634985.jpg

If anyone is overweight and has medical issues that could be eased by losing weight. Please go to a bariatric support group and become informed. It could save your life. It saved mine.

Tricia

Congrats!!! That is a good bit of weight in such a short period.

Over the past couple of years, I have just felt bloated a lot, getting a little short winded and was a great effort just to put on my socks sometimes.

Withouth realizing it, I had gone from 230 some odd lbs to 266 lbs. So, 2nd week of January, I decided to do something about it and went on a low carb diet. Goal was to lose 50 lbs in 5 months. Right now, I am sitting at 225 lbs as of this morning, so only 9 more lbs to go.

And you are so right. It makes a HUGE difference in how you feel. Socks are a breeze and no longer short winded. Haven't felt this good in a long time.

Again, congrats and keep your eyes on the target!!!

HOKEY SPAAMOKEY Kat - I bet Mike's like :178:,,,:crackup:, I am sorry, I apologize for being such a :stickpoke:.. Looking great kiddo - I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!:happy65::thumbsup:

I had to lose 50 pounds once in order to get a neuro surgeon to repair my busted up back and get me out of a wheel chair. I did it by eating a Wendy's small chili for lunch (no crackers) and ground chicken with mustard on a piece of toast for dinner (its amazing how little you can live on when your wanting to be able to walk again) - 50 pounds in just under 6 months and that was without excersize - NOT FUN.. Anyway, I know from experience how tough it is to control weight (its a whole lot easier to put it on:innocent-emoticon:) . Out of that ordeal I learned to REALLY appreciate folks like yourself who have your type of will power young lady and, what a blessing for you to have the support and understanding of someone like your hubby! Give that rascal a hug for me.. Wishing you two nothing but the greatest in happiness together while you share this "new" lifestyle and freedom!!

Amazing Kat - just amazing!!

Love ya's

Puc

Tricia, good on you for finding a way not sitting back and letting the health issues win. About 12 yrs ago I was in bad shape and connected to the heart monitors at the local ER. After the deluge of tests and poking I was told I had to get my heart health under control as I was way too young to be having these issues if I wanted any type of future. Doctors told me they could use drugs to control my heart of we could try the health and diet plan. Over the next six months I dropped 75 lbs and my wife (Lori) managed to drop 97.... she could never drop that last 3 to make the 100.

Our lives changed so very much. Lori and I run all our local 5 and 10 kilometer foot races now and last fall I did my first 1/2 Marathon.

Enjoy it and live like you have never lived before.

:ice_congrats-vi6886

Kevin

I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure @39 yrs old from a leaky heart valve. Probably something I'd always had but didn't bother me until the weight gain. At my highest weight 1yr ago I weighed 230lbs last week I weighed 175lbs. I have a 31 inch waist, down from a 38 or 40 waist. The doc's office counts my weight from around 215lbs that has been my most common weight preop. But the family pic was my heaviest weight. Not to get on a soapbox, but I was told by my PCP to diet and exercise, but with no counseling on portion control. It took going through all the counseling preop to realize that how I ate in college and before was closer to the normal portion sizes. Go to the grocery store and food is not pkged for healthy portions. Now I eat roughly 2-3oz of lean meat and a couple of tablespoons of a green veggie. I can't have rice bread or pasta ever again. Sugar free ice cream I tolerate well, but most postop people can't. Too high in fat. I still eat out, other than Chick-fil-A fast food is out. Other restaurants are carefully chosen. Most will accommodate my needs reasonably. Others agree to then send out their interpretation of the dish out. Those are the places we limit visits. Cooking at home has been easy, we have a roomie and many nights his girlfriend is over at dinner, so she and I split the chicken, pork loin, steak, etc between us. She's been trying to lose weight too and finds my postop diet easy to follow. She's lost abt 30lbs since Feb. If she isn't home Mike splits the chicken, steak, etc with me.

Anyone really can do this if they want it bad enough. Tough choices are never easy, but that can be rewarding!

Tricia, good on you for finding a way not sitting back and letting the health issues win. About 12 yrs ago I was in bad shape and connected to the heart monitors at the local ER. After the deluge of tests and poking I was told I had to get my heart health under control as I was way too young to be having these issues if I wanted any type of future. Doctors told me they could use drugs to control my heart of we could try the health and diet plan. Over the next six months I dropped 75 lbs and my wife (Lori) managed to drop 97.... she could never drop that last 3 to make the 100.

Our lives changed so very much. Lori and I run all our local 5 and 10 kilometer foot races now and last fall I did my first 1/2 Marathon.

Enjoy it and live like you have never lived before.

:ice_congrats-vi6886

Kevin

I don't ever see myself running unless it's to get away from a zombie attack. While I'm fairly active cerebral palsy kinda slows me down lol. If I ever get below a 15min walking mile I will be thrilled. Meds forced all my weight gain and it took 15yrs and finding the right doctors to help me start getting the weight back off. To be honest, it should have been addressed when I gained 100lbs in 9mons and was freaking out. If I manage to drop below 130lbs I will weigh less than anytime since Mike met me. He was thrilled last week that for the 1st time ever he could pick me up from the floor. I've been blessed that my postop recovery has been fast. The weekend after surgery (had surgery on mon, went home wed) I walked 7miles. I went to the mall and grocery shopping and let the pedometer track me all weekend. Even my surgeon was impressed. I've wanted this a long time and have no regrets doing the surgery.

Dan, I have faith in you! Just tell the Warden to stop baking sweets. Lol seriously, you were diagnosed a type 2 diabetic, bariatric surgery, gastric sleeve and bypass can reverse diabetes in most patients. I don't think you meet the weight requirements, but look into the diets and portions and stick to it! Smaller portions several times a day are better than 3large meals. Low carb protein shakes like pure protein and premier protein are recommended for meal replacements, use water or unsweetened almond milk instead of milk. Get rid of the soda. Soda keeps the stomach bloated and stretched making you eat more and keep the weight on. If you have a hiatal hernia as I did you also eat more and have reflux regularly. Only fix for the hernia is surgery. Both the hernia and my stomach were fixed at the same time. I did test my tolerances weeks ago. I made a trip to DQ, got a tropical blizzard, within 15mins I was so sick I wanted to die. I managed to call Mike and tell him he needed to come get me. He found me passed out in the van, parked at the mall. He and the roomie came together so Mike took me home. The sugar in the ice cream did me in. So I know I need sugar free now. So I know now I can't cheat and binge on sweets.

Edited by GAWildKat

I don't ever see myself running unless it's to get away from a zombie attack. While I'm fairly active cerebral palsy kinda slows me down lol. If I ever get below a 15min walking mile I will be thrilled. Meds forced all my weight gain and it took 15yrs and finding the right doctors to help me start getting the weight back off. To be honest, it should have been addressed when I gained 100lbs in 9mons and was freaking out. If I manage to drop below 130lbs I will weigh less than anytime since Mike met me. He was thrilled last week that for the 1st time ever he could pick me up from the floor. I've been blessed that my postop recovery has been fast. The weekend after surgery (had surgery on mon, went home wed) I walked 7miles. I went to the mall and grocery shopping and let the pedometer track me all weekend. Even my surgeon was impressed. I've wanted this a long time and have no regrets doing the surgery.

If you need help with the Zombie attack let me know I can have the bus and some support and some support units dispatched.

zbus.jpg

Before having kids I was about 120lbs but even then felt too thin. I'll be happy at 130lbs, basically anything under 150lbs is my goal. Easier on my body long term and as Mike jokes better on the gas mileage on the bikes lol. Downside is I'm not as strong as I used to be, whether that's weight or age, I'm not sure. The one day I had to assist Mike's dad walking to and from the bathroom after his stroke. I felt so inadequate to be his strength and support should he fall. I assisted both my parents with their health issues, even mobility from the age of seven. I didn't realize I lost so much strength since surgery. But still thrilled with the weight loss.

Were looking forward to the 1st Venture rider swimsuit Calendar

Lol, better talk to other wives and women, while I might be willing to pose for a calendar for the site, I think it only fair other ladies join in. Maybe we could split the money between the special fund and St. Jude?