IGNORED

East side of Michigan Rally point for ride to Freebird's MD.

cowpuc

I am new to ride planning, normally Tip and I just climb on Tweeks - CTFW and somehow end up where we intended on being - or some facsimile thereof.. Problem with that whole ride style is, one never knows what day/time or even year one might arrive at the destination one had in mind when one pulled out of the driveway a month earlier.. Combining motorcycling with actual making plans is a challenge for me - interesting though!!

Thank the good Lord for understanding friends like Eagle Eye, Raggie, RickardRacing, Darrin, my wife Tip and all you other Michiganders who may be trying to figure out a way to do a joint ride to Dons with some East Siders this year..

I found out today that Tip is going to be able to comfort Tweeks on our first ever Oberlin MD so some things have instantly changed for us a little:dancefool: - FOR THE BETTER OF COURSE!!

After counseling with Raggie a moment ago on the land line (always a pleasure Jay!!), we decided to make an Official Rally Point on I-75 at exit 15 at 1 pm on Friday the 29th for anyone interested. Apparently ( repeating Jay's wisdom and knowledge of the area) there is a "TA" Truck Stop/BP gas station at that intersection - it is there that we hope to meet. Everyone welcome to join us for the trip into the Buckeye State!! :thumbsup:

Yep that's a good meet spot for the south east corner of Michigan on heading to Don's MD. Even the Ontario members have used that location to make it a rally point heading to Don's place.

Hopefully we'll be there as well. We may have a conflicting schedule on Friday and may have to arrive late Friday night. If that's the case we'll also miss the evening meal at Q S& L.

Larry

We might hook up with you guys, unless we leave a couple days sooner. Thinking of doing the Ohio State Reformatory prison tour (Shawshank Redemption) in Mansfield on the way down. Anyone care to join us for this?

"Get busy live'n' or Get busy die'n"

So Cowpuc, are you planning on meeting me on US23 and Territorial then head to I-75?

Randy, we are not going to be able to get out of here until much later than I initially thought we would. Tip is now planning on going but cannot leave here until around 9ish. Our plan is to bee line as quickly as possible to I-75 - Exit 15 and be there shortly before 1 pm. I-96 to 275, 275 down to 75 and to the exit. Jay and I (mostly Jay - THANKS RAGGIE) did some figuring and it appears if we hustle we can make the group gathering at Exit - 15 if we take that route. Probably best to plan on hooking up with everyone at that point (ex-15) if you would like to ride to Don's with us :fingers-crossed-emo..

Thank for asking, sorry about the delay in figuring all this out my friend!!

I took the day off and really did not want to leave that late. I may go in and work a half a day and meet up with Jay someplace on the eastside. I know John and Sandy live in Macomb. I work on Hayes between 12 mile and Common, so I could catch up with them someplace. I will see what route they are running and what time they are passing through. I maybe there, I may ride down in the morning. We shall see.

I'll be trying to Hook up with Scott and Steve after they pass thru the I-96 and 275 interchange. Probably the best place for that will be just north of the 8 mile Rd. exit. I'll be seeing Cowpuc on thursday and will work out the details. Cowpuc is going to call me when he gets around the Fowlerville exit so I know when to leave my place. I'm guessing that will be between 12-1 . From there we'll continue on to exit 15 on I-75 If anyone is there we'll all ride to Don's or QSL depending on the time.

I took the day off and really did not want to leave that late. I may go in and work a half a day and meet up with Jay someplace on the eastside. I know John and Sandy live in Macomb. I work on Hayes between 12 mile and Common, so I could catch up with them someplace. I will see what route they are running and what time they are passing through. I maybe there, I may ride down in the morning. We shall see.

I also took the day off work and would rather leave earlier than later, I was thing about leaving the house by 9 or 10 to miss traffic.

John, we could meet at exit 15 earlier and ride down together. I really do not want to leave that late. I took the day off to leave early and I do not want to waste that time. If you want to meet up there, let me know what time. I can be there as early as you want.

Randy

I'm in for MD. Wife said she will pass for this time; if my report is good she will go next year. I will take Friday off from work and try to connect with one of the other gangs of Michiventurers for the ride out. I'll bring a tent but might also be open to splitting a room with someone.

looks like I may be riding with the early crew from eastern Mi. After riding some great twisty roads along lake Michigan yesterday with Puc, Tippy and my daughter, I've come to the conclusion that he's too slow a rider for me! Them 1st gens just can't keep up... :rasberry:

looks like I may be riding with the early crew from eastern Mi. After riding some great twisty roads along lake Michigan yesterday with Puc, Tippy and my daughter, I've come to the conclusion that he's too slow a rider for me! Them 1st gens just can't keep up... :rasberry:

Sounds good Raggie, Steve hasnt had the joy of having to wait for us yet , lets just officially can the whole meeting at exit 15 at 1pm and meet up at Don's.. We were really not looking forward to dealing with those east side maniac drivers anyway - they sent the best of the best over to our place and after watching you slide corners using that trailer as a counter steer tool,, we probably should stay away from the east side maniacs :crackup:

So, anybody reading this,, the 1pm meet for Raggie and I at exit 15 on I-75 is officially off BUT,, looking forward to meeting everyone (including my motorcycle/trailer racing champion friend) at that great Venturerider.org dealy in Oberlin Ohio!! Ride safe and if you see a guy who could use a shave on a good looking 2001 Reddish colored RSV pulling a Motorcycle tent camper with the edges of the tires burned of from smoking it in the corners - just move over and let em by!! :guitarist 2:

Hey @eagleeye,, back to just us,, bring map - lest we end up in Oberlin Kansas (there really is such a place)!! :hihi:

:beer::happy34::beer::uk2::uk2::uk2::amen:

Got the map packed. Oberlin Kansas, here we come:happy65::happy65:

Good thing you posted.....I was headed to Oberlin OH!!

Lori and I will be headed out early Friday Mornin, well hit 96 outta GR to the Ionia Exit and go back roads from there.

Looking forward to It!!

@rickardracing, @adventurer08, @pbjman, @billmac and any others that care to ride along.

SO,,, who is going to meet up Friday morning at southbound I-75 exit 15 BP ? What's a good time, 10am ? That should keep us out of the heaviest rush hour. with a 1/2 hour layover for late comers? routing either way from there, Ohio 2 or turnpike, I'm ok with either.

My plan is going Saturday, but if the T-storms are going may just drive the truck down. on my pre ride took the toll road $3.50 each way and used the gps to Don's.

Larry is going on Saturday too.

IT'S NOT GONNA RAIN :bang head: ,,, so what if it does, you won't melt :rasberry: