IGNORED

The boat is ready...BUT...

Freebird

Well after working my tail off the past few weekends, the boat is finally ready to go to the lake. Two new batteries, battery selector switch relocated to top side, new hot water heater, new transom door built and installed, water leak under sink in head repaired, hand waxed and polished. Started easy and runs great.

Now there is only ONE small problem. I had planned on selling the boat and had a buyer. I bought the Avalanche to pull the boat so I sold it. Then before the guy came to get the boat, Eileen gave me that pouty look while explaining that she didn't want to sell it. So..........

Now I have a boat sitting outside that needs to go to the lake and guess what, I've got nothing to pull it with. :confused24:

I rented a dock for the season at Huron Lagoons about 35 or 40 minutes from here so it will stay there for the summer once I get it there. I'm going to look into renting a truck from Home Depot or somebody. OR....buy that nice 3/4 ton Avalanche with the 8.1 Liter engine that I've been drooling over for the past couple of weeks.

So, you need a truck to pull the boat to the lake and then this fall you need that same truck to pull it home.

Unless you want that Avalanche to just own and drive, have someone take the boat to the lake.

I know you want to buy the Avalanche, but U-haul rents pick-ups here for 19.95 per day. Likely the same south of the border. For $40 a year you could solve the problem and make a trip to the dump or metal recycler if that stuff piles up in your garage like mine, just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually put the boat in the water last weekend. Had a friend tow it to Huron Lagoons Marina in Huron, OH. Eileen and I took it out for a couple hours cruise before getting it acquainted with it's new slip for the summer. Ran great....knock on wood.

Put some wheels on that boat,,, then drive it over there,, wouldn't have any problem with that in NewFoundLand.

I am with Carl, just dont forget to cover that puppy with stickers from all the fuel stations, museums, bait shops and lemonade stands along the way!!!

What...no Avalanche?

Apparently not. I actually emailed the guy and made him an offer. He must have felt insulted because he didn't even respond. I waited a few days and sent him another email asking what he WOULD take and he again never replied. Oh well.

Sounds like he really doesn't want to sell it.. I wish mine had the corvette engine in it but it has the small v8. It would strain like heck to pull an enclosed trailer, but I don't have a need to pull anything with it so its fine for us especially on LONG rides.. Very comfortable and roomy!! I really like ours.

I don't know. Maybe he feels that I lowballed him and maybe I did. I did the research and felt that he was a little high for a 2002 model. He was asking 12,900. I offered him 11,500 and figured at the worse that he would come back with a counter offer and maybe I would consider it. The 3/4 tons are a bit harder to find in decent condition but on the other hand, there aren't a lot of people looking for 8 MPG Avalanches. Most would just go with a 4 door truck if that is what they need.