IGNORED

New Ventures coming out October 2015

lanster

:rotf::rotf:

Puc you would not know what to do with a bike that new.:rotf::rotf:

Oh yea smart guy @Flyinfool,,,, I would have to ride it all over North America and cover it with stickers :178:,,, my second week of ownership I would put a new rear tire on it and ride it to a Dons MD and make naughty snow makers like you JEALOUS :guitarist 2:, then I would race Carbon Ones new SlingShot on my way out to the Salt Flats and see if it could beat Tweeks 124 mph record.. My third week of ownership I would take it back to the Dealership where I got it from and have the 24k valve adjustment done. Then I would come over to your house and race that freshly finished 400 mph jet you are building.. The following week I would be in Milwaukee at the local newspaper to sign autographs and "Ulto" (stands for ultimate tourer) and I would have pictures takin and a big write up done with the title "Michigan man on his touring bike puts a whoopin on jet aircraft owned by local White Wash Machine inventor". Then you and I would meander down to the Harley Museum and invite the Harley gurus over there for a pink slip run against anything they have.. Afterwords I would follow you back to your place on the new Ultra Limited I won and gave to you (I already have the only bike I will ever need so I will just give you the Harley). We will :beer: the day, walk into your shed and permantly pull the plug on the White Washer cause now you have a new Harley to spend your days playing with.. The world will now be snow free and gorgeous riding year around for all of us.. All because I DO KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY NEW GEN 3 VENTURE!:amen:

:think::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::happy65:

Edited by cowpuc
I mispelled Jeff's screen name, I spelled it "Flyingfool" instead of "Flyinfool" - cant be to careful with names ya know!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good new drugs you got huh?

Got some extras, that sounds like a really great trip plan. :stirthepot::stickpoke:

But you do know/remember that it is @saddlebum that keeps leaving the door open up there that makes it get cold here. And even a bran new Harley cant keep me occupied when it is real cold out. Then I just have to go out to the shed to play with my other toys that I just know you love so dearly. And you do know that any time a toy gets broken, I just can not stand a broken toy around so I just have to rebuild it bigger and better.:rasberry::moon:

Got some extras, that sounds like a really great trip plan. :stirthepot::stickpoke:

But you do know/remember that it is @saddlebum that keeps leaving the door open up there that makes it get cold here. And even a bran new Harley cant keep me occupied when it is real cold out. Then I just have to go out to the shed to play with my other toys that I just know you love so dearly. And you do know that any time a toy gets broken, I just can not stand a broken toy around so I just have to rebuild it bigger and better.:rasberry::moon:

Note to self,, cross out Flyinfool's name on getting new Harley, replace it with Saddlebum's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

Now just for the record:backinmyday: The above statement is not entirely true :innocent: Now that we are getting warmer weather we up here are staring to close the doors cause we don't want to let all that air conditioning out and cool down those nice warm days we are getting :sun: So the truth of the matter is that @Flyinfool :snow: has lost control of his weather machine and is looking to blame us innocent Canuks:canada: Edited by saddlebum

Now just for the record:backinmyday: The above statement is not entirely true :innocent: Now that we are getting warmer weather we up here are staring to close the doors cause we don't want to let all that air conditioning out and cool down those nice warm days we are getting :sun: So the truth of the matter is that @Flyinfool :snow: has lost control of his weather machine and is looking to blame us innocent Canuks:canada:

INNOCENT CANUKS?????????

:rotf: :rotf::rotf::rotf: :rotf::rasberry::rasberry::moon: :moon::moon: :moon::snow2::snow::snow2:

I dont know why you guys gotta keep :witch_brew: and causing mischief.. Cant we all just get along, be friends and let snow storms of the past drift off like Frosty the Snowman? I mean, if ya really stop and think about it, even Frosty melted away with a smile on his face.. What we need in this world is less :stirthepot: and more love,, more flowers in our hair and a deeper sense of well being.. :680:

Ummmmm.......

@cowpuc

Me thinks it was you that started this :stirthepot:..........:rasberry::moon:

Are you not the MASTER :bowdown::witch_brew:

Sheesh!

Oh contrair monseur,, I have done nothing but create tranquility and promote healthy brotherly love since day one.. I admit, I do seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time under certain circumstances (you should have been at @DragonRider 's cabin first time we met - Dokon and Wingman = a couple of :witch_brew:) but usually chaos runs from me like a bad tooth ache from novacain and peace floods our land like the morning fogs of Bodega Bay California!! :witch_brew::rasberry:

The worst part of all of the scenarios that I have seen is that it will not take long for the supply line to run out of parts.

Right now there are similarities between a 1st and 2nd gen with some of the service parts interchangeable. Once they come out with an all new bike in 5 or 10 years the commonly needed service parts will no longer be available. Then all of the 1st and 2nd gens will start to disappear from the roads.

Last week I stopped in a Yamaha dealer in Effingham, Illinois. The guy at the parts counter told me that he heard new Ventures are coming out October 2015 and will be fuel injected and they are going to change the cassette deck--he did not know how. That's about all he knew but this is great news.

06 RSV Midnight/Hannigan

Tell That guy "If Bull Sh** was Music, He's have a Brass Band " and you can tell him its from me !!!!

The worst part of all of the scenarios that I have seen is that it will not take long for the supply line to run out of parts.

Right now there are similarities between a 1st and 2nd gen with some of the service parts interchangeable. Once they come out with an all new bike in 5 or 10 years the commonly needed service parts will no longer be available. Then all of the 1st and 2nd gens will start to disappear from the roads.

Actually Fool, I think I heard of a Yamaha supply house, down in Virginny I believe, that has been gearing up for that exact scenario. The guy that owns the place is kind of a strange charactor who has been collecting parts for years. I guess he had some kind of a vision that Yamaha was going to do what we are talking here cause a couple years ago he started collecting parts for 2nd Gens (he had been doing 1st Gens only for many many years). Anyway, in the future if anyone needs parts, 1st or 2nd Gen, I think the name of the place is Why Dee and the Warden's = cash only and no returns. :witch_brew:

Boy is it getting deep around here...........

I can see Don will have to spend the rest of the summer on his mower once all this kind and amount of fertilizer gets spread down there.........

Your right it is .... Soooooo why don't you put the shovel down and show Don some sympathy. After all The last thing he wants to do on MD day is cut Lawn

I'm new here.

I heard that Yamaha has cancelled the Venture line, and will be putting out a completely different machine, with a completely new base, and they will be cancelling all support for the Ventures, over about a year or two. good luck with that.

I'm new here.

I heard that Yamaha has cancelled the Venture line, and will be putting out a completely different machine, with a completely new base, and they will be cancelling all support for the Ventures, over about a year or two. good luck with that.

Hi Yah, WELCOME TO VR :2YELLOW::welcome1:!!!!!!!

In my humble opinion ya gotta be somewhat careful about what cha listen to concerning Yamaha Inc.. They have tried a number of times to cancel all support but, problem is, most of the folks around here, who happen to be the ONLY support the Ventures have had for a very long time anyway, havent slowed down one bit.. Matter of fact, Yamaha's past attempt at pulling support actually increased actual REAL support from REAL people (VR) the last time around (when they dropped the Gen 1) and it turned out to be a positive thing (in my book). Our Boss, a likeable fellow named Freebird, also seems to be a little bull headed about being told whether he has to pull support or not and I highly doubt that even if Yamaha told him to do so he would without getting new Harley's for all his friends paid for by Yamaha.. So you see,, even if they did pull out - you might be very fortunate for signing up for VR cause you might get a new bike out of it:guitarist 2::hihi::rotf:

Just pulling your chain Yah, seriously,, welcome to the family!! Its a great place and Yams are AWESOME scoots!! Pay no attention to rumors - enjoy the site and ENJOY the summer ride!!

Ride safe, ride free!!:usa:

Puc

Meh, sooner or later every manufacturer drops the parts line for obsolete/out of production lines. Iirc, the mandated support they have to provide is 10 years after end of line.

Doesn't matter much to me either way.

I've got a lathe, a mill, a diy home foundry and the mig for the hard parts. I can even make the gear sets or pistons if I need.

Gaskets and orings can be a little harder, but can usually be made or substituted.

Plastic is endlessly repairable with plastic welding or salvaged parts. Its just abs after all.

Electronics are easily substituted with modern components or salvage parts. Wiring is just wiring and a relay is a relay no matter what its installed on.

I learned long ago if you're going to work on old, obsolete or discontinued machines (cars, planes, bikes, boats, etc) you better learn how to make parts as well as change them.

Plus; my "barn find" fresh 1983 should run relatively trouble free for at least another 5-10 years, at which point I'll probabably have to give up riding anyways.

Yah, yammy can go ahead and pull parts support, I'm good.

:)

Edited by Great White

I must jump in here.Spy photos have been popping up on different forums.yamaha motorcycle forum for one.The photos have the venture rear pasenger floorboards, but the motor is not clearly visible.looks to be part victory also.Fears are it will be a strat and called the new venture.