IGNORED

SS or maybe a BB; we'll see

MasterGuns

Planning on a SS 1000 at a minimum, leaving home at about 0200 or so this Tuesday morning. When I hit the halfway point for my SS1000 (Sierra Blanca, Tx), if my saddle isn't overly sore, I will continue on to Lordsburg, NM, turn around and head back home. Will divert through Fort Stockton, Tx then head north to Monahans then east on 20 finishing up in Willow Park, Tx; interstate the entire way. Should be a tad over 1500 miles and I have got to do this in less than 36 hours. On a 28 year old bike at that. If I wasn't going through chemo, I'd buy a new bike and take that on this attempt but spending all that money now could be the wrong thing to do.

wish me luck

Good luck on you SS1000, I would love to try that some day, but dont know if I could stay in the saddle that long with all my problems. Who know maybe one day......I feel lucky to get out these days and do a 100 or so miles, but this summer there is going to be more riding.

I'm sure you'll do fine Gunny. Just make sure you don't put self in harms way regarding weather and speed. You can always turn back and try another day. That said, go for it and keep us posted. Sheeeet, riding in Texas alone gets you a SS1000