IGNORED

Woo Hoo New Toy Tomorrow

Ventureless

7 AM tomorrow I will be picking up my new to me toy. I sold my Venture in July to buy an adventure bike. My wife was not happy about that so I started looking for another cruiser/touring bike that was more modern that she would enjoy. I tried Victories (and almost bought one) and some Harleys. Really liked both and more recently decided to bit the bullet and just get a new or newer Road Glide and get the loan. Glad I didn't. Just hate to have that payment when I owe nothing to anybody but for the mortgage on my house. And now that is how it will stay. I really liked how the Venture rode, fit me, and the reliabilty. So tomorrow I pick up a one owner 2006 RSTD with only 19K miles. It looks brand new and runs perfectly. $4500. This leaves me enough to buy an aftermarket fairing, Hagon Shock, and some other goodies (Baron 424 Nasty Boys, Mustang seat) from a member here. It also leaves me enough cash to buy a newer ABS equipped Vstrom 650 adventure bike. I will start accessorizing the RSTD as soon as tomorrow and will start shopping for my Vstrom around Xmas when I have a couple weeks off work. And I know nothing really happened without pics so I will have some posted before lunch tomorrow. :cool10:

Congrats ... and what will your new Nic be? "RV" "Tour De Strom" or it even could be "RSV" .... maybe we should have a contest to help you pick your new Nic ...???
It should have been Confused over the last few months trying to figure out what to buy. I am liking Tour De Strom!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should have been Confused over the last few months trying to figure out what to buy. I am liking Tour De Strom!!!!!!!!!!!!

or DeCon for deconfused,, as in no longer confused or DeCon as in rat killer for no longer feeling like a rat for selling your Venture and almost becoming a traitor :rotf::rotf:

Sounds like you are on a roll Ventureless:clap2::sign Rock On:

AWESOME deal on one of our AWESOME steeds - CONGRATS on the new bike!! Enjoy the search for the V-Strom too - best wishes on finding another sweet deal!!

By the way, I know exactly what your saying about trying to stay out of debt with this stuff - congrats on the accomplishment in doing so all while ending up with 2 awesome bikes!!! :backinmyday::detective:

You da man!

nice bike.... but you are going to enjoy the Strom just as much. you will have to check out http://www.stromtrooper.com/ a good source of info on the bikes and on Youtube you can check on Dr.VStrom for all the maintenance info on them.

Yes I have a an 08 650 A with ABS as a year round rider

Yep already a member at Stromtroopers and love the ride of the Strom. Compared to the big tourers, it feels like a kid's bicycle!!!!!!!!!!

What brand fairing is that?.

Is it solid with no squeaks?

It is a Hoppe Quadzilla Fairing. I've had it on for approx. 5 yrs and my only complaint is that recently I got a rattle, which I believe i've isolated to a speaker bolts being loose, this I will fix by splitting fairing and repairing. The fairing does a good job of keeping the wind off your hands and even with the shorter windscreen the buffeting is minimal. The fairing comes with the necessary hardware to do the installation, which is straight forward. I'm providing a link to Phat Performnce where I purchased mine. Best of luck ! http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Hoppe_Industries_Quadzilla_Fairing_Royal_Star_To_p/ymf-nryl-qz.htm

Sounds like there are a few of you that are planning to replace your wind shield for a fairing . So just to put it out there I am looking for a windshield for my RSTD

If any of you know about how much you would want for your wind shield could you let me know .

Thanks for now

Steve