IGNORED

Buffalo/WNY members are so lucky !!!

XV1100SE

Actually, thats what causing the ice in the gutters. My garage is heated for the dog kennel and the bike .... the garage roof is not insulated which causes the the bottom layer to melt then refreeze in the gutter....2nd story foof is fine with most of the snow gone.......it is melting fast now....I'm too old to be climbing up on roofs and frankly every time I mention it Taters throws a hissy fit.....

I know this is too late to you, Tom but, My dad used to put a bit of granular fertilizer in the gutters every winter before they filled with snow completely and the fertilizer melts the snow and ice and helps keep the gutters clear. (and it helps your lawn in Spring)

Brian

Tom you are right... let it melt! Stay safe, glad to hear the dog is safe. This happened to us here in Victoria over Christmas/new years 1996 we got about 3 feet of snow over the week before Christmas then on Boxing Day we got a dump of 4 feet. We do not usually get more than 4 inches in Victoria and it seldom lasts more than 24 hours if we do. Victoria does not own a snow plow!

The last thing that roof needs is my fat arse up on it adding to the weight. We had several roofs collapse as the rain started later in the day.

Stay safe.... stock up and relax...... have some ice cream :cry: :cry:

Tom,, please pat your Dog on the head, give em a hug and tell him ol Puc was rootin for em!! Glad to hear you folks are ok,, THAT was a nasty one!!! May sound crazy but I ran a hose from the water heater drain in our house one time to the outside,, used hot water to wash the snow/ice away in a simular situation as your dealing with.. Opened those drains right up!!!! Not only that but it made for all kinds of fun conversations with my neighbors for years afterwards!!

Best wishes with it all!

Puc

I had fun putting up Christmas lights in 60 degree weather yesterday! Just about all our snow is gone save for a few piles here and there from the driveway...

Then again we were lucky down here in ski country and we only got a foot and a half here! One of Becky's daughters lives next door to Rich stadium and her's is a different story.

Our snow is all gone only had about 6 inches. No lights going up this year buy we are putting up a tree this weekend. Don't seem right not putting lights up. Glad to see everyone in Buffalo survived the snow storm. You guy's have a Happy Thanksgiving down there.:325: