IGNORED

running lights

cwkane

Not cheap but Diamond R Accessories makes some that fit between the saddlebag guard rails. They are a great company and make quality accessories.

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=RSV/RSTD%20LED%20Saddlebag%20Light%20Bar

I wonder if any members have these on their bikes? I'd love to see how they'd look on one:lightbulb:

I made some LED running lights for mine. I took the reflectors off the mounts on the rear bag rail and installed them there. I also made the same modification in the front. the rears are wired to be running and turn lights while the fronts I just left as running lights. May not bee as much light as you are talking about though. (the brite strips on the bags and under the trunk are actually the reflective stripes on the bike and tag)

fronts-on-web.jpg

Side-light-on-close-web.jpg

The only thing with lighted reflectors that bill4you502 used was that they were from China and of the 6 he ordered 2 of them had bad LEDs in them, he sent me 4 (2 front & 2 Back) to prewire for him, 1 of the four was bad, he had two more drop shipped to me and one of those was bad. At the end of the day I was able to deliver 4 good units to him all plug and play but it took a while and I never did hear if he was able to get his money back on the bad units. Fortunately they are not expensive, but that is not the point.

My bike is not an RSV it is a RSMTD however, I did install LED side marker lights to both front and back reflectors which have both running and turn signal functions. Looks stock until you turn on the key, then they are way bright. Definitely good to have some lights on the side of the bike in addition to the front and back. Cost me all of $20 for the LED's off of Ebay. Have some install pics if you are interested. Here is a few pics of the bike lighted up in the garage with the door shut.

Larry....:cool:

CATpower, if the LEO gave you a hassle over reflectors on the side of your motorcycle he must have had either a really slow day or a bad one.

I think you are correct...... Did NOT get a ticket.. He just told me to get it fixed.

He was correct.... Reflectors are a must have DOT item.

• 5 months later...

Putting on passing lights (aftermarket) does it matter which one of the two wires that I ground from the light bar. Signals are hooked up separately through the system and the light will be on a toggle switch of there own. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk