IGNORED

RATS!! Or rather MICE!!

Brenda H

I'm PISSED!! WE have mice in our house. I went to get my brand new, never used Scorpion Exo1000 helmet to see about mounting the Edsets I've bought to put in my helmets in it. It was sitting upside down and the lil dears had built a nest in it! The styrofoam was in tiny pieces making the helmet unusable.

I bought this when the 1000s when on clearance after Scorpion replaced it with the 1100. Paying $160 for it beat the regular price of $280. I don't want to pay the $280 for another one but I need the sunshield thanks to my eyes being very light sensitive. So far as I know, the helmet is a write off. If they had just chewed up the liner, which appears to be intact, I could replace it after giving the helmet a thorough cleaning. GRRRRRR!! :bang head:

One thing I am curious about . Most helmet manufacturers usually have two helmet shell sizes. It is the liners inside that make the different sizes. Some of the outfits do the change in shell size between large and xlarge, others do it between medium and large. I'd like to know where Scorpion does their change. I can still find a few Exo1000 [would you believe $54?] out there but they are the tiny sizes, XS and Small. If Scorpion does the change between L and XL, I can buy a Small and replace the liner with a Large one and have my helmet back! Anyone have the answer to that?? :sign67:

We used to have mouse issues, but we got a mobile mouse trap. That trap worked for squirrels, moles and even gophers. The trap wore out after a few years so we got another. Now we have three traps and no mice. All the traps are stored outside so they are always set and armed.

We used to have mouse issues' date=' but we got a mobile mouse trap. That trap worked for squirrels, moles and even gophers. The trap wore out after a few years so we got another. Now we have three traps and no mice. All the traps are stored outside so they are always set and armed.[/quote']

OK, not sure I know what a mobile trap looks like. I have a trap that is a tin box with a spring loaded wheel inside. Does that sound like your mobile trap?

DO NOT waste your time or money on electronic mouse defenders. I put one in our rental and the tenant said the mice chewed a baby bottle that was on the floor right in front of the sending unit.

Timely post Steve. I was thinking of picking up one of these tomorrow. I also just purchased a Solar Pest Repeller that claims to emit a sound and vibration pulse that repels rodents. The folks at Costco said they hadn't yet had any returned but if I don't think it works, just return it. It is for outdoor use and they claim rodents will move away after 2 to 12 weeks. Has anyone else here tried one of these?

Mobile trap translates to a good cat.. I have a couple of those transmitter things in the shed and I think they work to a degree. I also use some warferin seed. Mobile trap seems to work just by having them around

As long as the mobile traps are always a little underfed......