IGNORED

2015 Venture -Talked to Yamaha director

Mike G in SC

While at STAR Days in St. Charles, MO last week, Bob Starr, US communications director for Yamaha said,,,,, wait,,, a bike for Venture owners in 2015. Me and a friend chased him down before the evening was over and,,, of course he still said stuff but said nothing.

I told him that half the bikes at STAR Days were Ventures and they are loosing us.

He said a bike is going to come out in 2015 and would be for Venture owners. I said if it does not have a V4 or more I'm not interested. He smiled and said "Please Wait", indicating to me that it IS NOT a V-twin cop out.

SO, again, nothing said,,,, but I think that 2015 will have a product for us.

If you don't want to wait,,,, LOOK AT THIS: (Indian Roadmaster about to come out)

http://www.baggersmag.com/bagger-motorcycles/indian-motorcycles-new-2015-roadmaster?src=SOC&dom=fb

Mike G.

I am rooting for a ripping roaring smack ya in the seat of the pants 1700cc v4 Venture! Be way out of my price range BUT, sure would make a great future Tweeks thats for sure!

Good night I LOVE those new indians too! I really really like the looks of the newer wings too,,, like that one my buddy barrycuda just picked up, I mean wow! Really like the twin cam harleys too, yum yum..

kid in a candy store Puc........

i predicted an all new v-4 venture using an aluminum frame, v-max engine, and it will have wing type styling, 4 years ago. i still stand by my prediction. it would have been out by now but the economy shot it down just like the all new wing that has'nt been released yet. just wait it will be here. problem is most of you won't like it cuz like the wing, it will be to futuristic. they have to keep up with the times. :2133:

I really like that Roadmaster. Still looks like what a m/c should look like IMHO but enough modern appointments to suit. Don't know if I could like the V-twin but I'd be willing to give it a good try. Definitely going to have to seek out a demo ride on that.

Some where o ver the rain bow skies are blue...........I have been debating looking for a newer than 05 RS Venture and now :confused24: :fingers-crossed-emo :depressed: Maybe I'll seclude myself in the garage and restore a 1st gen. And to think this thread was going to sing a new song instead it's an oldie but goodie

I am rooting for a ripping roaring smack ya in the seat of the pants 1700cc v4 Venture! Be way out of my price range BUT, sure would make a great future Tweeks thats for sure!

Good night I LOVE those new indians too! I really really like the looks of the newer wings too,,, like that one my buddy barrycuda just picked up, I mean wow! Really like the twin cam harleys too, yum yum..

kid in a candy store Puc........

Aw, hell Puc. You like 'm all. Just like people.... :) Been watching that Indian as well. Looks good... The only bad thing I've heard about them...'course I'm not looking all that hard.... is the seats going bad very quickly, but I wonder if that's nothing more than the owners neglect, and not keeping them conditioned properly. New they look great. A little Farnam's Leather New and they'll stay that way. Me?? I'm waiting for a 2300cc V-6 Venture.

Some where o ver the rain bow skies are blue...........I have been debating looking for a newer than 05 RS Venture and now :confused24: :fingers-crossed-emo :depressed: Maybe I'll seclude myself in the garage and restore a 1st gen. And to think this thread was going to sing a new song instead it's an oldie but goodie

I have a couple of 'projects' you can peruse through if you need something to play with.... :) :whistling:

Yes I would bet anything new will have some styling people on Venture Rider will not like. If fact the proof of that is so many people here still like that antique styling of those ugly gen Is. :rotf:

Would you call your Mom UGLY!? Have some respect! Call them slow / out of date / a fond memory / something that needs constant care ( just look in cowpuc's saddlebag) but to say UGLY!? They have a certain style and grace like Elizabeth Taylor (she is really looking dated) and the styling can be updated again just look at Cowpuc's (he IS headed to the EAST COAST still right !!!!!:fingers-crossed-emo Just don't ever call your Mom an Antique.

hmmmmmm,,, restoring a first gen,,, pray that tweeks final journey ends near Elk Grove and you may get a dream come true brother, free bike, no shipping..... Take that back,, cost a Banana Nut cone at Leatherbys.... course, that all rides on whether or not squid happened to be riding out there at the time... ya NEVER know what kinda repair parts that cowboy has in his pockets!

Old mechanics proverb........

THAT WHICH IS NEW IS NOT NECESSARILY BETTER

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Now thats fact Pete,, just ask Tip,, she will ya LOL

Aw, hell Puc. You like 'm all. Just like people.... :) Been watching that Indian as well. Looks good... The only bad thing I've heard about them...'course I'm not looking all that hard.... is the seats going bad very quickly, but I wonder if that's nothing more than the owners neglect, and not keeping them conditioned properly. New they look great. A little Farnam's Leather New and they'll stay that way. Me?? I'm waiting for a 2300cc V-6 Venture.

An interesting thing there Jack, hadnt heard anything about that BUT,,,, I have spent a fair amount of time demoing those puppys. Hit the local demo just right and spent all day in the saddle of the Chief.. Noticed after the bike got good an hot from city driving I felt my left cheek (no ya bunch a lop eared varmints, not the one with beard covering it) getting real warm.. I wonder if their seat problems are some kind of heat damage.....

and your right my friend,, just like people, I love em all,, flaw in my charector.... Shoot man,, I even like that great big ugly mud sucker of a Vision (according to some folks),,,, I think it would look really really sharp with a set of antlers and a couple stickers on it. Can see us now brother,,,, pulling into Sturgis on a pair of em setup that way LOL:cool10:

I have a couple of 'projects' you can peruse through if you need something to play with.... :) :whistling:
Edited by cowpuc

We are Not takin the trike mod off again!! Just get a wider trailer :mytruck:

Aw...dang!!

Actually on our showroom floor we have several 1stGens to choose from. "93, '91, '90, '87, '83, and a couple of others that I can't remember the year.... :backinmyday: :whistling: WE also have a plethora of parts in inventory including a '91 engine if'n you want to start from scratch. I'm sure we can find something to fit your budget... :)

My neighbor bought a Indian Chieftain a few weeks ago.

(same bike as this one but more solo.)

It is a beauty in person. Great tech setup, power windshield, lot's of power.

His is black and chrome, looks a bit like my Midnight RSTD all fancied up.

But I'm good with what I got for a while. Just see where it goes.

What I am hearing from Yamaha reps is they no longer play dumb,,, they got something they ain't saying.

I called yamaha USA and the person I talked to said I was going to be pleasantly surprised at the new venture coming out. That was 2009. No one with yamaha in the usa knows what yamaha is going to do.
i do, the writing is all over the wall. can't believe no one can see it. what do you think the over priced limited v-max is for. figure it out it's been rite in front of every one for several years. yamaha has probably more money in research and development in the max motor than any other. just to put in a low sales volume way over priced v-max. think test bed and you will start to see part of the light

If they really are coming out with a 2015 it MUST mean that they have finally found a new source for cassette decks. :bang head:

We know that nothing else matters to them.:whistling:

I think they still have a few thousand left over...... Beware!!!

Maybe different in person but I'm not that crazy about that Indian.

Neither am I ... it's like the Victory Vision ... you either love it's looks or hate it.

That said though, I've seen a few damn good looking Visions ... or maybe I was drunk at the time :rotf:

• 9 months later...

New Ventures are coming out October 2015--Last week I stopped in a Yamaha dealer in Effingham, Illinois. The guy at the parts counter told me that he heard new Ventures are coming out October 2015 and will be fuel injected and are going to change the cassette deck--he did not know how. That's about all he knew but this is great news.

06 RSV Midnight/Hannigan

#2 2006 Midnight Venture Hannigan Trike.jpg

2006 Midnight Trike.jpg

The Indian road master, the one Mike G turned us on to is the EXACT color and model that a guy I ride with periodically has. It is an eye popping bike, which has an eye popping price. Not to mention it is not a V4 nor does it disappate heat so well, from what I've been hearing. The colors and the leather are amazing. However for such an expensive bike, it does not have some of what newer bikes are equipped with. Does it look amazing and make one drool? Most definite. Is it worth the steep price tag? Idk, I'll never have that free money floating for an Indian. Test rode 3 models at Daytona last year and they are SAH-WEEET

For its motorcycle business, Yamaha plans to focus on the lucrative Indian market, aggressively introducing new models such as scooters and other lower-priced models, likely including a new 250cc sport bike previously mentioned by India Yamaha Chief Executive Officer Hiroyuki Suzuki. Yamaha also sees growth in southeast Asian markets, introducing low-cost models using fuel-efficient engines.

For developed markets such as North America and Europe, Yamaha says it plans to increase “lifetime customers” by expanding its lineup from entry-level to flagship models. This will likely include new models using Yamaha’s upcoming three-cylinder crossplane engine. The mention of new “entry” models is particularly interesting, as Yamaha remains the last of the Big Four Japanese manufacturers to release a new entry-level model in recent years.

if its about keeping the lid on something, yamaha is doing a great job of keeping the big bikes a secrete.

Edited by Brake Pad