IGNORED

Karen

Brake Pad

Karen has started her journey to Guntersville today, I met her on the road about the halfway mark to my place in Vero Beach. We are going over the check book, and doing follow ups . The lodge e mailed they received our dinner check. So tomorrow we'll pack up and head north. Happy trails to all are heading out.:twing::thumbsup2:

This week was the only week my wife and I could both get off work at the same time so we have been nearby in Fort Payne since yesterday. We spent the day today exploring the backroads around the Little River Canyon and DeSoto Falls. Had a ball before coming back to Fort Payne and visiting the downtown area and dining at Ryans. Beautiful area. Tomorrow we move on over to Guntersville and points beyond. Hope you all have at least half the fun that we did just today. I'll let you in on a secret. There are some roads around the Little River Canyon that make the "Dragon" and the "Triangle" look tame. I mean they are not for the faint of heart!! Ya'll have fun and be safe!!

Day 1, we are in Valdosta, just had dinner with the kids, be heading out towards Gunthersville in the morning, could not get an extra night (Sat) at the lodge so we will be staying at the Gunthersville Hampton Inn on Saturday and show up at the Lodge sometime on Sunday.

See everyone Sunday.

Safe travels to all

Day 1, we are in Valdosta, just had dinner with the kids, be heading out towards Gunthersville in the morning, could not get an extra night (Sat) at the lodge so we will be staying at the Gunthersville Hampton Inn on Saturday and show up at the Lodge sometime on Sunday.

See everyone Sunday.

Safe travels to all

Guess that explains why they didn't bother to return my call for reservations...

I'll either do the Comfort Inn Scottsboro or the Quality Inn Albertville

Hope everyone has a safe trip staying the night at the holiday inn in kimball tn tried to get a room at the lodge full up so about another hour of so on Saturday great ride down us127 from Cincinnati time to relax. Joe and debbie

Time to add my 2 cents.... Today sunn and I embarked on our journey, about 25 miles from Perry Florida, we hit severe T storms so we took shelter at the only gas station near by... We are locked down here in Opelika, Alabama, which is about 163 miles from our destination. 99% back roads! about 20 miles of our 415 were on I 10. We took some crazy roads, SR 27, SR1, SR 431, 169 etc. also was THISCLOSE to kissing a deer who was coming towards me on the back road. As Mike eluded to the heat was treacherous and we were seeing signs that posted temps in the mid 90's...without heat index. You would never imagine, but there is a GREAT Chinese /Thai restaurant called Wok and roll...the decor and food was quite appealing. This town isn't the most modern. At times, going through these towns I was asking myself if we took a time warp back 50-60 years. A lot going on, that's for sure. Ride safe everyone and see y'all tomorrow. We are taking 431 straight up and would like to touch down around noon if possible..:fingers-crossed-emo