IGNORED

Spent my tax return!!!

hig4s

sounds nice! I haven't changed a thing on mine yet, but i've been thinking about a windshield. I noticed the other day... seemed like wind gusts were hitting me in the back of the head. Not sure if it was just a windy day but I don't think so. And I was riding at highway speeds so I'm sure i was outrunning any wind that may have been blowing.

Ever experience that? and does a different windshield help?

I personally like the lower windshields, in fact I cut 2" off the stock one that came on my 88VR.........reason, in light rain or mist/fog days, you can not see through the windshield, then you are on your tippy toes to try and see over it....... and for me at 6 foot even, the top to the windshield was directly in my center of line sight, so that the top edge was always coming in and out of your driving concentration zone........I hope that makes sense............but you must be a fair weather driver...... so it will be OK JOHN :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

I get the wind gust in the back a little too at times, but the wife gets it a lot, that is why I'm going with the larger windshield.

As far as rain, that is why I chose the Clearview, I've been told it has a little more angle and lets the water run off much better than stock.

As long as you keep your windsheild clean and polished with a product such as Plexus, you will have no problem seeing through your tall windsheild on a rainy day. When it's raining I make sure to wash my windsheild at each gas stop, it takes a minute but makes a world of difference in how well the water beads and blows off the sheild. The tall windsheild also eliminates helmet buffeting which can be very annoying during long days in the saddle. My wife also appreciates the added protection. You'll be very happy with the Clearview.

when the goverment gives us that one time economic stimulus check in May.

Here is a list of dates as to WHEN you will get yours...

Well that just sucks as I won't get mine till Sept according to the chart. And here I was thinking spending money for trips and rallys. Silly me. Should of known better, after all it's the goverment.

Larry

I just purchased a blue 07 RSV. Love It! Haven't rode much but I rode to work the past 2 days (It's a little nippy at 6:00 AM in Denver - 28 degrees) & noticed the cold wind collapsing on my back. I also ordered the XXL windshield because of the great discussions about it on this site. I was surprised to learn that "Clearview" is right here in my own back yard! Later on how it all works out. Keep up the good work. This is a great source for us old timers new to RSV's. Thanks You All, DNB

Well that just sucks as I won't get mine till Sept according to the chart. And here I was thinking spending money for trips and rallys. Silly me. Should of known better, after all it's the goverment.

Larry

Ditto, how is it gonna kickstart anything if it takes em 8 months to get it to ya????:rotf:

Ditto, how is it gonna kickstart anything if it takes em 8 months to get it to ya????:rotf:

Maybe if they hadn't spent $24 million sending out those letters telling everyone the check was coming, they might have been able to get the checks out faster.

Things must be different down south. I phoned in my return 2 weeks ago and expect it any day now. Which is good, 'cause I blew it all, big fat $160 (+ $43) on a set of rails for the bottom of the saddlebags from Ebay.

And I did the same thing, chopped off about 6" off the standard windshield. But I had slammed the rear about 2" previous to that, so it looks like a shorty now. Fits me fine though. Check out my pics right after the chop in the pic area.

Is that true ??

Yup, its true!!!

But I have heard rumors I'm not sure of that say the stimulus money will not be in check form, but as debit cards that can be used anywhere a credit cards can be used, so people will not use the money to pay bills.

Yup, its true!!!

But I have heard rumors I'm not sure of that say the stimulus money will not be in check form, but as debit cards that can be used anywhere a credit cards can be used, so people will not use the money to pay bills.

i heard we borrowed the money from china. :sign29::2133:

Maybe if they hadn't spent $24 million sending out those letters telling everyone the check was coming, they might have been able to get the checks out faster.

Guess it would have been too easy to just put it in the same envelope as your refund check?? Coulda saved a stamp:rotf:

I did the same thing, chopped off about 6" off the standard windshield. But I had slammed the rear about 2" previous to that, so it looks like a shorty now. Fits me fine though. Check out my pics right after the chop in the pic area.

"looks" like a shorty? If it was curved more, and tilted back more and you couldn't see the rest of the bike....you'd think it was a cafe racer!:rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

This was a heck of a lot funnier when I thought it it followed right after dunvilsteev's post :(