IGNORED

Arthur

Venturous Randy

I hope you folks on the east coast, especially near the Outer Banks are going to be OK. This one may not be as bad as some, but be careful out there. I love this part of the country and hate to see the damage a hurricane can do. This thing is pretty big at about 450 miles in diameter.

RandyA

I hope you folks on the east coast, especially near the Outer Banks are going to be OK. This one may not be as bad as some, but be careful out there. I love this part of the country and hate to see the damage a hurricane can do. This thing is pretty big at about 450 miles in diameter.

RandyA

It is just brushing us right now and is pretty much a non event, but I am keeping those up the coast in our thoughts and prayers they are in for a stormy day.

Didnt look like that big of a deal a couple days ago. Not a real strong job. But last night when I saw the news they said this thing had really spread out wide. So could be lots of rain, but it dont look like a bad storm. But you cant always be sure.

Now they are predicting it will be a category 2 soon by the time it passes my home in Wilmington, NC. We have had 4 direct hits from the hurricanes since I have been living here (20yrs). The worst was a cat 3. I was so lucky in the past not even losing a shingle from my roof. Others were not so fortunate though. They always tear the beaches up, especially the outer banks. It looks like I will be okay this time with the storm center off the coast when it goes by.

Winds are picking up here, had to close all the garage doors here at work, blowing stuff all over. Hopefully it'll just mozy on by, and we can get on with our weekend

Yes and we will be dealing with its remnants on the weekend. Calling for tropical storm here on saturday. Our niece is getting maried on that day...was supposed to be a beach wedding..not now. She may call her first born ...Arthur:whistling:

:canada:

I am about 100 miles inland and the eye should miss use, but we are looking out for tornados. In about 4 hrs the worst of it will be getting to us. Praying that it will go back out to sea.

Earl

Arthur's eye is a few miles east of Wilmington right now. It hasn't been that bad. We didn't get a whole lot of rain and the wind hasn't been too bad either. When you are on the north side or east side of a hurricane is when you really get hammered.

Well we didn't get much. Seems Arthur gave us the same as Irene. The folks out on the outerbanks are getting hammered though. Manteo to Nags Head is flooding on sound side. Hope it clears up without too much damage. Not sure about Kitty Hawk or KDH but I'd imagine they are.

Margaret

Hey Arthur, how are you doing? I hope you got through without any damage. We were thinking about you and your family.

RandyA

He had a tragedy at his place a half empty trash can blew over. Not sure he can clean that all up by himself. Just might have to have a meet to help with the clean up. :Laugh:

Margaret

Just got back on-line in the office...here is an update.

Well we got the brunt of that storm here in Frederciton and central New Brunswick. Up to 1/3 of the province has been out of power/phone/internet since early saturday. Lots or trees down and damage to homes. High winds and and rain caused all of the problems. My trees are all leaning at a 45degree angle and will need to come down. There are power crews here from Maine and Quebec helping out but it will take a while to get everything back up. Good news is no one got hurt.

For us we are told we will only get power back on Friday if all goes well...glad I got that geny at CndTire last winter. Oh, and we did make that wedding in Bouctouche on Saturday as the storm come through. Now driving there in the storm was pretty scary but I did see a couple on GoldWing heading right into the main part of the storm as I was leaving Fredericton. They probably were not aware of what they were driving into. Hope they are ok.

Sending this from work computer as we have power and conections now.

:canada: