IGNORED

American Idol

Freebird

So how long have you lived in OH? I always tell my customers that when the piano is in good tune, they might be more inspired to play. Nobody sounds good on an out of tune piano.

I like the old Webers. IMHO they were better than the Steinways of the day. I have two Weber grand player pianos from the mid '20s. They're identical. Even the serial numbers are only 15 apart. I was rebuilding the first one for myself, and I was given the other one free for the taking about a month ago. The player mechanism in that one is gone though. I'll refinish it and sell it.

I've been in Ohio for about 6 years. It was probably a year before that when it was last tuned. I'm amazed that it sounds as good as it does. Of course, it sounds OK to ME...probably would not sound OK to you or somebody else with a trained ear.

Guest KitCarson

Do not feel bad......everyone in my family can play something real well....my little girl can play a violin(fiddle like a pro) I like the guitar...but cannot at all play it......I can play a radio.......or an MP3.......those work well for me:bighug:

Have to say you are not alone. I watch it also. They could do away with the three idiots and it would be a better show. The talent is the best this year since it started. My pick would be Chakisi{?} he has got to do something with that name though. That guy has pipes!:thumbsup2:

I too am an American Idol junkie and when it's done for the season, I become a Canadian Idol junkie. Generally tho, I don't get too "into it" until they're down to 16. Sometimes I watch the first few just to get a good laugh at some of the weirdo's.

Don,

You better time it out right , my daughter says the guy's & girl's alternate and it's the guy's year to win !!. P.S. I got a bonus the 1st of the year and got my Seagull and Amp FINALLY !!!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Haven't see much of the show this year my father has been sick for months and we just lost him a week ago, however a have time now a may get back to watching, and yes Pegscraper it STUNK last year !!!!

Is It Getting Warm Yet ??

Gary

Hey...which Seagull did you end up with? Hope you like it as much as I do mine. I've got an S6 with cutaway and Quantum II electronics and gloss top. Really does play nice. I do like the Artist series though. Maybe someday.

As for as American Idol. I don't think that she has a chance of winning but I like Brooke White. Love her voice. Reminds me a bit of Carol King.

Hey...which Seagull did you end up with? Hope you like it as much as I do mine. I've got an S6 with cutaway and Quantum II electronics and gloss top. Really does play nice. I do like the Artist series though. Maybe someday.

As for as American Idol. I don't think that she has a chance of winning but I like Brooke White. Love her voice. Reminds me a bit of Carol King.

Don,

I read your quote after you bought yours mentioning the Artist series

and after an extensive search I found a Flaming Maple C/W with the LR Baggs I Beam Duet, it was a factory second. Then a Fishman Loudbox 100

appeared in the local paper and I picked it up for a steal. Now I have equipment way better than my skills.

Shoot -- I even put together an Excel spreadsheet to track the scores (1-10) that the wife & I give each performers. It even averages the scores. Bad enuff? BTW -Freebird, bring that guitar down here and I'll hook up with you, as I play drums and am in a band. Perhaps you can sit in with us.

Don,

I read your quote after you bought yours mentioning the Artist series

and after an extensive search I found a Flaming Maple C/W with the LR Baggs I Beam Duet, it was a factory second. Then a Fishman Loudbox 100

appeared in the local paper and I picked it up for a steal. Now I have equipment way better than my skills.

You did GOOD. I love the flamed maple Artist series.

Shoot -- I even put together an Excel spreadsheet to track the scores (1-10) that the wife & I give each performers. It even averages the scores. Bad enuff? BTW -Freebird, bring that guitar down here and I'll hook up with you, as I play drums and am in a band. Perhaps you can sit in with us.

Wish I could sit it with you. I would play quiet so as not to ruin your music. :)

I could like the show a lot better if it wasnt for Simon, that guy doesnt have a caring bone in his body.........even with Paula on there, I cant watch it.............:no-no-no::no-no-no:

Simon has no "couth"... but he's generally "bang on" with his judging IMHO. I think he's just a bit too "english" for most of us to really "get" him.

He'd do well to change up his wardrobe tho :rotf:

Guest Popeye

I watched Amer Idol the first year with my wife, but we both got burned-out on the idiots they kept bringing in with zero talent & weird.

Maybe someone thought they were funny or something....couldn't sit through that part, so never watched it again.