IGNORED

Lower Leg Protectors?

Can the Lower Leg protectors be removed for summer riding and if so does anyone have a picture of thier RSV with them removed?

NO ... But you can purchase air deflectors for summer riding.

Mike

[ATTACH]85007[/ATTACH]

A fellow on the Delphi forums has had his off for a very long time. I think he took them off because of heat. He lives in Az. Myself I dont think I want to undertake the project of relocating all that stuff. Cruise control, horn, relays just to mention a few. It would be easier to buy another set, take a hole saw and drill like 2" holes in the bottom half to get air thru than to remove them.

What Brand are these? I like them. I looked at Baker Wings, but didn't find a set that looked liked these.

Sam

These are Yamaha / Star you can find them here.

Mike

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemcatalogs/p/yamaha_motorcycle_cruiser_2008_royal_star_venture/star_accessories-windshields/4ff76ce7f870020f741519db/tinted-lower-wind-vents

A fellow on the Delphi forums has had his off for a very long time. I think he took them off because of heat. He lives in Az. Myself I dont think I want to undertake the project of relocating all that stuff. Cruise control, horn, relays just to mention a few. It would be easier to buy another set, take a hole saw and drill like 2" holes in the bottom half to get air thru than to remove them.

It's Tankerhank on the Delphi forums who has removed his lowers. Hasn't really had any problems. I believe he has a write up on the whole procedure. Definitely cleans up the bike, but like someone else said, not sure I'd go through all the work.