IGNORED

Go Pro or another choice

EasyRider

Midlands latest model camera is only $199.

A friend of mine has it. The camera is small and he says it is very easy to operate. Has wifi to a smart phone for viewing, editing and other operations. Have only seen it once but it takes very good video or photos.

Don't know any more than that, but will consider the Midland when I dicide to make a purchase.

I just got a Sony action cam. I was talking to a friend on Sunday. He told me that the Sony beat out the Go Pro for best video and ease of use. It also comes with a water tight case so that is a big plus for me. I think it was $119.00 on Amazon.

I just got a Sony action cam. I was talking to a friend on Sunday. He told me that the Sony beat out the Go Pro for best video and ease of use. It also comes with a water tight case so that is a big plus for me. I think it was $119.00 on Amazon.

i HAVE a gopro, I like it easy to use and is controlled by my smartphone...friend has the sony he loves it, and it makes great videos ...

Guest HdHtr
Headed 650 miles to The Dalles and after that :confused24:?? I am looking for the longest run time combined with ease of use:backinmyday: AND less than hiring a production crew. :detective::

You going to take video while you are riding Rick? They got slow motion on them cameras??:rotf:

we just picked up the gopro3 silver at BJ's wholesale club. Paid $229.00 with a couple of mounts and the waterproof case. Took it out for a trial run, worked great, good pic's and video. Robin can control it with the wifi from the back seat on her phone. This way she gets the blame for any bad pic's and video.:whistling:

I have a GoPro 3. At first I found it difficult to use, now, after spending some time with it I have no problem operating it with either the buttons or via smartphone wifi. I use the wifi for setup then shut off the wifi and control it with the buttons while riding.( Wifi eats the battery) I bought some extra batteries on ebay , I now have four and when fully charged will record a full day's ride. Buy the fastest SD cards for best performance. I have 3 32GB cards and have never been able to fill them all in a days ride, even at max resolution and frame rate. I upload the days video to the laptop at the hotel when we stop for the night.

no experience with other cams. A lot of the other cams do not have interchangeable batteries so when it's dead your done for the day.

hey there for what it is worth have had a gopro for three years and i wish i would have done way more checking on it cause i would have bought the Drift, it is easier to use longer battery time and pics r i think better and easly mount ed on fairing zoey04:080402gudl_prv:

hey there for what it is worth have had a gopro for three years and i wish i would have done way more checking on it cause i would have bought the Drift, it is easier to use longer battery time and pics r i think better and easly mount ed on fairing zoey04:080402gudl_prv:

I have a drift(standard), uses AA batteries, gets about 6hours from regular, 5 hours from rechargables. Also have the Drift HD, lith-ion batteries, last about 12 hours, can video roughly 6 hours before needing to swap cards

I have the JVC Addixion and it has been a solid performer itself, 1080 P wireless to my phone, Waterproof enough for snorkeling and uses a standard mount that you can find almost anywhere. But get the 2nd gen. Because just like the Venture, 2nd gens always are better than 1st gens:no-no-no:

I have the drift also, and I like the video it takes, I like the fact you can rotate the lens so you can mount the camera in a bunch of orientations, it has an LCD so you can see what youre recording and it has its own remote control.

I also like that its water resistant without having to buy something extra for it.

Brian

Here si a youtube vid take with my Drift, but keep in mind that youtube downgrades the video to meet their specs.

here is a video a friend did with his sony cam, same ride that I filmed ...it had some fog in the case early as it was COLD ... it's foggy on the left side but as you can toward the end it clears up.... cam was mounted on the side of his helmet ...

[ame]http://youtu.be/kWCZf646_Es[/ame]

Edited by midnightrider1300

I have a Few, I seem to like the Hero 3 over the three especially for whay you get. I may not be so used to the Hereo 3. Its nice but i hear and I also agree the Hero 2 is the way to go. I just got back from Tail and 219 WV and BOD and SMNP and all that and the Hero 2 was the one I wanted to use.

It seems to me they made the hero 3 to sell batteries. On the Hero two I can run a separate Mic and use the bike to power the camera all day long never changing a battery. On the hero 3 The mic plugs into the charge port and There you go. You are limited on what length you can shoot. So that right there kind of keeps its use with me minimal.

I have a hero three I would buy another two but not another three.

The other cameras are too specialized to mention.

Not only that, but I would not mount my Hero 3 like this LOL

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10204101855645565

This guy uses a Camera on a bike almost daily, in Ohio winter included. He does Motivlogs

Anyways here is a link to one of his reviews on Cameras, he has done several, he has lots of money and had bought lots of cameras and he also favors the Hero 2.

No matter what you buy, watching hie review will give you some thinking points.

He also Runs a Sony review.

Professional production studios actually use Go Pro Cameras in shooting HD for movies and TV.

Don't think you can beat Go Pro for what all it has to offer. The others just don't have the accessories available. And Go Pro stuff is at your nearest Big box. If you Amazon Go Pro accessories and then the other you will see the difference. Ive got mine adapted over to Ram mounting as well as tripod mounting and still have the Go Pro Clip mounting. It's versatility and adaptability can't be beat.

I will caution you though, once you buy one, it's an endless thirst for new accessories just like the Venture LOL! It will run you broke as you let it. I have about 3K wrapped up in mine so far. Backs, Wireless stuff, mounts, cases, Mics, Cards, and even a computer specifically for video editing.

Edited by IronMike