IGNORED

Its amazing what a dirtbike will get cha in swap,, or,, higherend Tent Camping

cowpuc

Tried and tried to sell an old XR350 that I had.. It was a really neat, clean old bike,, BUT,, apparently nobody really wanted a really neat clean old dual sport bike.. Found a solution for that today.. Guy called while I was finishing up welding a friends axle for him and mentioned a Motorcycle Popup Tent Camper and wondered about a swap..

Drove over with the car to take a peek,,, OH MY GOODNES!! Thing is an older model (1995) the guy bought brand new,, he and wife used it 3 times during the first 2 years of ownership (camping in neat Traverse City Michigan) towing it with a Honda Shadow - rolled up total of 890 miles with the trailer in tow (thing literally still smells like brand new inside).. After that it sat in their garage collecting dust!! Thing is absolutely like NEW!!!

Brought it home,, Tippy and I took a few minutes to figure out setup,, came with an air mattress,, two soft covers for carrying whatever on top of the camper (one 10" and one 6 "), got screened sides and screened doorway..

According to the PO, it weighs 328 pounds,, gotta believe him cause my little KIA never even mentioned it was back there on the way home...

Another day in the life of being Puc...:)

DSCN3413.JPG

DSCN3415.JPG

DSCN3416.JPG

DSCN3429.JPG

DSCN3434.JPG

DSCN3441.JPG

i am jealous. That is a good find right there. Is it coming out to The Dales so we can see it in person?

Nahhh,,, but I'd be oblidged to demo settin up a Menards 25 dollar 2 person dome tent in the dark for ya CM :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Tell ya what though CM,, come see us in Michigan and you can have your choice between staying in that puppy or in our spare bedroom.. Stay in that little trailer and than you can do a professional analyses of what sleeping in one is like - personally I am partial to my little pup tent:backinmyday:

Just cant imagine trying to pull a trailer behind Tweeks while two trackin the mountains looking for Gold Mines... Would make a GREAT little trailer for pulling behind an old Jeep, Sports Car or Trike if it ever came to that for us (we have talked lots about it)..

so what did you want for the 350 bike ? guess the bike won't be loaded down on you trips this year.

Was asking 14 for the bike Bill,, it was all street legaled with Michigan "Street title".. It was the single carb model with dry sump/oil in frame..

Holy smokes cowpuc.......gonna have to remember to check that my gold fillings are still in place after standing beside you.......you are some wheeler-dealer!!:rotf::rotf:

YOU BET CHUR SWEET BIPPY REINY,, I GOTTA NOSE FOR GOLD TOO SO THAT IS GOOD IDEA!!!

Proof is here in these pics,, notice the look of "he's up to something" in the first pic,, that something = ON THE JAZZ GOIN GOLD HUNTIN!! Found some!! Problem was it liked to stay suspended a little long in the river - fools gold,, so I yelled "GOLD" to Tippy loud enough the people back at the picnic tables could hear me,, within 5 minutes the creek bed was full of other tourist :rotf:

Walkin away I said "hope ya all get rich" as a means of keepin em there while I went lookin for the real thing,,,,, thats what a true blue wheeler dealer does ya know.. Squish his competition while not hurting their feelings in the process :cool10::cool10:

Those West Coasters dont stand a chance at "The Dalles":backinmyday:

Puc

DSCN6541.JPG

Was asking 14 for the bike Bill,, it was all street legaled with Michigan "Street title".. It was the single carb model with dry sump/oil in frame..
Are you trying to tell us you traded a $14 used dirt bike for that trailer. I don't buy it. Since you are fundamentally against motorcycle camping in safety and comfort, what are you going to do with the trailer?

Are you trying to tell us you traded a $14 used dirt bike for that trailer. I don't buy it. Since you are fundamentally against motorcycle camping in safety and comfort, what are you going to do with the trailer?

Thats ok Bob,, I see - hear things all the time that I find hard to believe too.. Thats what makes us humans special and where the term "one mans junk is another mans treasure" probably has its foundation..

Also, I get that type of comment alllll the time from folks who have never been self employed Bob.. In my business, if something is obviously not market strong (like an XR350 right now) ya try something else (like trade it) and see what happens,, or,, in more common lingo,, when life gives ya lemons ya smile and make lemonaid.. Thats how I have been able to provide for my family all these years..

Wanna hear about another one that you probably wont buy either:rotf:?? Last winter I picked up a 2007 Harley Super Glide Custom (see pics) from a kid on the other side of the State.. Bike had 13K on it, nice machne.. Went to look, took some cash (IN MY WORLD ITS CASH IS KING). Offered the guy 3500 for it and he took it (we are talking a Twin Cam HD here).. His Dad was in the garage while we were wheelin dealin and over heard his son telling me that the local Harley shop, which was owned by his Grandpa, had just gone completely thru the bike for him prepping it for winter storage.. Because I am simular to you in that some things just dont sound right, when the deal was done I asked the dad why on earth they just didnt have the Grandfather put it on the show room floor and that he could have easily gotten another 3 grand out of it.. This was in early January..

His dad told me that his Grandpa had not sold A (as in one Bob) bike since OCTOBER and they needed the cash to help Grandpa keep the doors open!!! Hard to believe for some people,, yep,, is it true,, bet chur sweet onions!!

By the way,,, never said I never said I was

"fundamentally against motorcycle camping in safety and comfort"

Those are YOUR words - not MINE,,, making THAT NOT TRUE!!

Puc

Opps,, guess I should have said $1400,, not $14,,, maybe that helps?? If so,, my bad guys!!!

and warned the Sheriff to take the cot outa the cell as the old CowPuc would rather sleep on the floor. He was wondering if you snored as they do not have solitary confinement padded cell to keep the noise down.:backinmyday:

:rotf::thumbsup:

Puc, if you find you ever want to part with that trailer I might be interested. Our conversion van just ain't practical on the crappy gas we found on the way to and from the B2's. sometimes it was 9mpg, others it was high as 25mpg. Do not ask me how much we spent in gas going 1000miles roundtrip trailering the bike....I still don't want to know! I haven't asked Mike...but it wasn't good.

I know! but the cats on the van need replacing (we think). Mike's Dad gave it to us for Christmas and while I wasn't expecting a lot for a 1990, when he said 6 mons prior he was getting 30mpg with it and Mike or I avg 15...we started scratching our heads. We think a lot is the gas quality here and the light timers around town. Some are 6mins plus around town.

I know! but the cats on the van need replacing (we think). Mike's Dad gave it to us for Christmas and while I wasn't expecting a lot for a 1990, when he said 6 mons prior he was getting 30mpg with it and Mike or I avg 15...we started scratching our heads. We think a lot is the gas quality here and the light timers around town. Some are 6mins plus around town.

Kat, will do on the trailer!!

About your van,, you might have Mike check the fuel pressure regulator on your Van.. I have had a couple fail on me over the years,, most have a diaphram in them and if the regulator is vacuum operated and the diaphram gets a small crack in it it can suck raw fuel back into the intake.. Do exactly what your describing..

Its fairly easy to check,, find the device, remove the vacuum line, look carefully at the inside of the end of the vacuum line and see if there is any raw gas in it - if there is its gone.. ALso,, you can pull a vacuum on the regulator and see if it holds...

Puc

Patricia,

You beat me to the question! I was going to ask Puc the same thing, do ya want to sell it Puc ? If so put me second in line .

Will do Jay!!

Hey Puc, are you bringing that camper to Asheville where you can camp in style?

RandyA

What,,, this aint style??

DSCN0176.JPG

DSCN6404.JPG

About your van,, you might have Mike check the fuel pressure regulator on your Van.. I have had a couple fail on me over the years,, most have a diaphram in them and if the regulator is vacuum operated and the diaphram gets a small crack in it it can suck raw fuel back into the intake.. Do exactly what your describing..

Its fairly easy to check,, find the device, remove the vacuum line, look carefully at the inside of the end of the vacuum line and see if there is any raw gas in it - if there is its gone.. ALso,, you can pull a vacuum on the regulator and see if it holds...

Puc

Does this apply to fuel injection or just carbs? The van is fuel injected with a 350 vortec engine. My caprice gets 25-30 mpg around town on the same gas the bikes, Van, and traverse get, it's just needs the front end done and an oil leak fixed so it's parked til we have money for that. of those the Venture gets between 30-35mpg, the volusia gets 45, the van 15-18avg, and the traverse.....12.

Does this apply to fuel injection or just carbs? The van is fuel injected with a 350 vortec engine. My caprice gets 25-30 mpg around town on the same gas the bikes, Van, and traverse get, it's just needs the front end done and an oil leak fixed so it's parked til we have money for that. of those the Venture gets between 30-35mpg, the volusia gets 45, the van 15-18avg, and the traverse.....12.

This only applies to fuel injection Kat, its a small device on the end of the fuel rail that controls the pressure inside the rail itself.. Fuel is returned to the fuel tank from this device.. Maybe a good way to see if your vehicle has one would be to Google your year, make and model of Van with Fuel Pressure Regulator as a suffix.

Took a second and I did just that with the info that you supplied,, here is an interesting read for you.. It appears yours is throttle body injection, doesnt have a fuel rail making regulator harder to get to but doable..

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/technical-maintenance/523359-5-7-l-vortec-fuel-pressure-regulator-issues.html

Side note,,, I picked up a Honda Goldwing a number of years ago that was Hondas first shot at injecting a wing,, believe it was an 85 (dont call me on this guys, working from memory here - sheesh).. Got it for cheap cause the PO couldnt figure out why it ran so poorly and being a 1st time shot (Honda went right back to carbs for a long time after creating this nightmare) wasnt a Honda shop on the planet that would touch it.. In the end,, all its problems were associated with the fuel regulator..