IGNORED

motorcycle mufflers can get hot!!!

oldgoat

went for a nice ride today. around 200 miles

brought the motorcycle to the place I store it at.

drove it into the unit.

forgot when you do that it is hard to get off the bike.

so I tried to swing myself off the bike. my right pants leg came up to my knee.

I felt this strange pain shoot up my leg.

I look down at a golf ball size blister

it went and popped on it,s own.

hurts like hell. got home iced it down bought burn spray and cream

not sure? do you cover a burn? or let air get to it?

I think my motorcycle loves me though. because the burn is shaped like a heart now?

heat shields work but yep they get hot.

I learned my lesson get off your lazy butt and push the bike into that 5x10 storage unit.

thanks stickhandle2 I have 2 plants. I will try that.

I must say I believe that it is a 2nd degree burn?

you can see the patter of a bolt head in the center of the burn.

looks like I been branded.

this is not the first time I done something stupid like this. I am sure it wont be the last.

thanks stickhandle2 I have 2 plants. I will try that.

I must say I believe that it is a 2nd degree burn?

you can see the patter of a bolt head in the center of the burn.

looks like I been branded.

this is not the first time I done something stupid like this. I am sure it wont be the last.

Do not forget to cover it. this is to avoid dirt, and bacteria from getting it infected. Also to keep away from the sun as well as it rubbing on stuff.

the link below is from the Mayo clinic. this may be a good idea for all of us to review and prepare to have items just in case.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-burns/basics/art-20056649

thanks I have tylenol3 with codine for the pain.

I placed lose gauze on it.

it still stings and I am sure it will for a while.

the doctor did call in some ointment for it.

stinks like hell? but makes the burn feel cool.

the nurse said a lot of people make the mistake of buying sunburn type of spray to sooth the burning feeling . she said that traps in the heat as you need to let the wound seep and stay moist? she said this will take about 2 weeks to fully heal?

just keep it covered use the ointment. keep it away from heat even the sun.

if I am care

full I can still ride the motorcycle?

I like that nurse LOL

I had the Sportster out for a ride once and had the bright idea to look at somthing under the engine. I poked my head in there and contacted the drag pipe with my forehead. Funny how time slows when you do something stupid. It ended up that I lost about a 25 cent piece size of skin to the hot chrome. The skin stuck right to the pipe. Smelled like bacon if I remember right.

Edited by Man of Steel

Ice or anything cold to stop the burn getting worse. After that any good antiseptic cream such as polysporin or even aloe.

One time I parked my bike and started to leave when I saw a toddler heading right for the nice shiny exhaust pipes. I told his mother not to let him touch them. She snapped back that he would not hurt my stupid bike. I informed her that the pipes were very hot and would burn the flesh off his hands, but if she didn't care why should I. You should have seen her move.

Oh, and by the way, that should leave a very nice mark. For at least a year or so.

Why would I think this? Last year I backed toward my bike from the gas pump. In shorts.

Still have a spot that looks like a faint, shiny bruise.

I have used Krestol Salve on cuts and burns before. This stuff works good. It is really thick and kind of a mess, but it seems to help alot. It doesnt smell the best, but I can get by that. I have had cuts etc on my hand and I put that stuff on at night and put a clean tube sock over it so it doesnt rub off on the bedding. You can see the difference the next morning. It reminds you of a thick gooey bees wax......My wife will even use it on dry chapped hands in the winter.

Here is a link to the stuff. A can will last you a long long time too

http://www.mcnesscpg.com/producthp.asp?_id=138&356.2738