IGNORED

Long long day at work,,, but a REALLY good one,, look what followed me home..

cowpuc

Sooooo,, I caught wind of this beat up old parts bike over on the other side of the state.. Guys been trying to sell it for a couple months,,, real problem for him cause she aint been run since 2006 (been in a storage unit all that time :confused24:) and most folks dont deal in parts bikes..

Reason it sat, according to him was he was skeerd to ride it cause he almost died on it last time he rode it.. Little bikes only got 16k on it! He had to run to the SOS and have an instant title made (was very apologetic BUT,, like I told him,, it was a Godsend cause it gave me lots of time to check out the bike:cool10:) so I stayed there and spent a bunch of time going over it..

Motor was FREE with great matching compression on all jugs, everything came to life perfectly when I hit it with the jumper cables, tank was dry with no rust, only one sticky caliper, of course carbs will need a good bath,, NO sign of mouse damage anywhere (even the wiring looked brand new under the seat), fork springs are sacked from sitting, clutch/brake masters were still full, coolant and oil levels looked great, rocked thru all the gears on her, (can ya tell I am still geeked as I type this :rotf:)..

Sooooo,, another iffy parts bike comes into the life of Puc.. Of course, if you believe in one of my favorite old sayings - "IF IT DONT SAY SUNKIST ON IT,, YOU DONT KNOW WHATS INSIDE" - then you know that this old beater bike may very well turn into something very very special!!! YEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!:bikersmilie::big-grin-emoticon:

Oh yea,, BJ's recent post about man cave pics, coupled together with someones comments about being goofy and nuts inspired me include a couple pics of my Garage/Man Cave decorations,, just to remove any doubts that anyone may have... :stickinouttounge:

Double oh yea,, THANKS FOR NOTHING FLYINGFOOL!!! 45 MPH head wind all the way home from the other side and snowing so hard in spots I could hardly see!!:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Oh well,, all in a days work...:backinmyday:

Live it large!!

Puc

You sure do get lucky! that is sure a pretty color! lolol

Actually B2MOM,,, I consider it more of a blessing and the result of a TON of hard work.. Been in the business for many many years and know a lot of people, spend an enormous amount of time doing the leg work, finding em, chasing em down (and they dont always pan out), repairing/restoring and then dealing with resale... The only bikes that I claim as non-inventory are my rider Venture, and a couple keeper bikes - my first bike as a child and the kids first bikes..

When my kids were little,, we would be going down the road in our van,, I'd step on the brakes and they would all start screaming - no Daddy not now,, I'd say - quite down you guys - you wanna eat tommorrow dont cha,,, stop the car, walk up, come home with a bike strapped on the back of the van.... :rotf:

Never got rich dollar wise (self employment doesnt always create big bucks and its 24/7) but we survived... But,, like I was saying at the beginning,, I am blessed cause I have gotten to do what I absolutely love doing and have been able to provide for my family by doing it - what a life,,, blessed,, truly blessed..:dancefool:

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT ON THE COLOR - I LIKE IT TOO!!!

Puc

You should keep it!! Think of it as a 1st gen on steroids!!!

My latest project is pulling a Dingy on my old 1st gen. I have acquired a set of 1200 VMax heads, the Vboost setup, and a 1300 MK2 engine and carbs to give my already powerful '84 even more muscle so when I convert into a 3 wheeler it will still have plenty of oomph! I will be sending the heads and engine to a machine shop specializing in Vmax this summer as funds become available...

Congrats !!

:happy34::happy34::happy34:

I'm sure you'll like it and hate it for the very same Reasons ...

if you love the Vmax, it's not only a Ride, but a Way of Life, pretty much like VR.org.

If you need help, register at vmaxforum.us. From what i heard, the Language is not as nice and polite as here, but technically, there's probably not much else in english Language.

My 1Gen Vmax doesn't get as half of Attention as she deserves, but even when i'm almost ready to sell the poor Ride, it's one short Ride and i'm sold on it again. Of Course, mine's being far away from being stock, but anyway ... i love it.

I recently aquired an oil-eating 1500cc Motor for cheap, looking at rebuilding it and fit a nice EFI with servo-operated 48 mm TB's ... Yah, that should get this Thing (or the MKII) going .... (if i ever find Time to get it done ...)