IGNORED

2014 Venture West Rally pulse

Lone Eagle

SilvrT -your boss needs to have a) a sense of humor, b) change plans, c) allow you to "work remotely" -

I do work remotely from time to time but my immediate boss (who will be away on business when this gig is happenin) is my backup for when I am not here. With me gone and him gone, there's nobody to look after things related to IT if something goes wrong that requires a hands-on person. Murphy's Law would be working against us in that case LOL

Wish we could make it but unless his plans change, we're S.O.L.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea, that helped out a lot VF, hope your flip up got bug covered and slicker than the ice on my driveway ya troublemaker..... :detective:

No, actually not a bug on it as it was too cold for California bugs, must have been about 50 degrees on the evening portion of the ride...oops did it again.

Back to the thread, I am not yet saying I am coming but I did book the Motel6 and I did 'tell' the wife to find another date for Friday night June 20 as I might be at the RSV rally - hmmm, didn't seem to bother her:confused24:

VentureFar...

Count us in- we need to visit my brother in Spokane and fill in the Pacific Northwest states. We will probably stay in the Motel 6. It will be nice to meet other Venture riders as they seem to be rare down here in So Cal. We had the RSV a year and a half, rode 3700 miles to Colorado and we have yet to see another Venture on the road.

Motel 6 - http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=4268 - would run approx.: 2 queen beds – 2 adults - $59.39 + tax per room 1 adult 50.39 + tax.

This is a (3) story building - so you wouldn't be able to park your bike in front of your room.

Thought I would mention:

Just made my reservation at Motel 6 and the rate is $59.39 + tax for Thursday but goes up to $62.99 + tax for Friday and Saturday.

Gonna have to work some overtime. :fiddle:

The initial rates shown at the top of this thread were based upon initial discussions / negotiations I had with the various properties in setting up a block of rooms for us. Based on the feedback / interest shown from everyone, I am going back to both Motel 6 and Cousins and finalize some hard rates for a block of rooms at both properties - I hope to have this finalized within the next week -stay tuned.................:beer:

Count us in- we need to visit my brother in Spokane and fill in the Pacific Northwest states. We will probably stay in the Motel 6. It will be nice to meet other Venture riders as they seem to be rare down here in So Cal. We had the RSV a year and a half, rode 3700 miles to Colorado and we have yet to see another Venture on the road.

Shuttlebug - it is your lucky day.

I am in Granada Hills, One RSV 'Bob' is in Valencia and another 'Bob' is in Chino Hills.

We can have a foursome for a lunch ride soon !

VentureFar...

Sounds good to me! We would like to see what an RSV looks like on the road :cool10:

Let us know when you want to meet- we're about an hour and a half out from the Valley, out past Littlerock. We're retired so our time can be flexible- except for Sunday church. Thanks for the invite :)

Brian B

Debbie B

For those who want to know, here's a google map showing the distance between M6 and the Cuz's.. Looks like about a block and a half. .2 10th's of a mile.... Also for those who want to camp here's a Google search result for campsites... Looks like a bunch.

Now thats what I'm talking about Condor - thanks!!!

LOTS of great camping for us tenters,,, Tippy and I have at least 2 of our spots picked out already..

This one has my name on it:

Popular "dispersed" camping location in the Mount Hood National Forest, Airstrip has been closed for decades. Has a reputation for noise, and not following the rules. Frequently more crowded than the nearby campgrounds. From Trillium Lake Road, take the marked gravel road and you'll see people camping on both sides of the road.:thumbsup:

READY TO RIDE!!!!!!!!:cool10:

ROOMS AT COUSINS ARE BLOCKED FOR US - UPDATE::dancefool:

I have a quantity of rooms blocked at Cousins - mention VENTURERIDER RALLY when calling to make a reservation. Here is the information from the event coordinator I am working with:

"2 queens $95.00/night + tax (an example here could be splitting a room would be $47.50 _ per night - per person)

Single queen or king $85.00/night + tax

Deluxe $109.00/night + tax (splitting a room here would be $54.50 per night + tax)

We also will have the pool and spa open at that time, free wireless internet, free passes to The Dalles Fitness and Court Club, discount breakfast vouchers, complimentary DVD rentals, great specials in the Saloon, and best of all, freshly baked every morning, chocolate chip cookies in the lobby. "

I will be setting a block of rooms aside @ Motel 6 this week - though a couple of folks have already made their reservations there as shown in earlier posts.

The reservation is in for the "Cousins" hotel! Now to start preparing for the trip. My wife said, "how do you pack for all those days on a motorcycle?" I said, "You don't, you pack for three days and do laundry every third day." This will be my longest trip and hers as well.

The reservation is in for the "Cousins" hotel! Now to start preparing for the trip. My wife said, "how do you pack for all those days on a motorcycle?" I said, "You don't, you pack for three days and do laundry every third day." This will be my longest trip and hers as well.

Awesome!

I think right now my plan is to leave LA Tuesday at 5pm. ride 300 miles and overnight at a motel. Then the rest on Wed. It is 995 from my house but iron butt'ing it would get me in at midnight and the ride from north of Sacramento is scenic.

Or you do what I do, pack your oldest underwear and socks for the trip and just throw them away as you travel and buy new at Walmart as you need. Also only take along a shirt or 2 as you will need to buy souveneir shirts as you travel....

And if all else fails and you do get to much stuff accumulated just mail your dirty laundry home....:)

Brian

Possibly as time grows closer, we can figure out a meeting place around Sacramento - a little further north - and ride up together. :dancefool:

Dunnigan Ca is just north of where I-505 joins up with I-5. There's a Jack in the Box, and Bill and Kathy's restaurant, plus a Motel 6 for those from SoCal that might want to over night somewhere. Since it's a full day 650 mile ride to the Dalles from Sac I thought about leaving here around 5am and getting to Dunnigan (50mi.) around 6am for breakfast, and maybe joining up with anyone else heading north. KSU at 7a would give us a chance to make The Dalles before 6pm. Of course this is all conjecture...but it's a thought...

Dunnigan

Or you do what I do, pack your oldest underwear and socks for the trip and just throw them away as you travel and buy new at Walmart as you need. Also only take along a shirt or 2 as you will need to buy souveneir shirts as you travel....

And if all else fails and you do get to much stuff accumulated just mail your dirty laundry home....:)

Brian

man I like your style.:cool10: