IGNORED

2014 Venture West Rally pulse

Lone Eagle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Texas venture riders heading to the Venture West rally!

I am leaving out Saturday and riding about 7 hrs a day.

Would welcome the company. IF you decide to go I will share my route plans.

Me and the wife are going to tent camp up there and back

Salt Lake is on the way if you want to make a stop.

Dave

INFORMATION REGARDING MOTEL 6:

Motel 6 - The Dalles 2500 W 6th St, The Dalles, OR 97058 (541) 296-1191

• 2 adults ( could be 2 queens per room or one queen per room) - $59.39 + tax each night Weds / Thurs: $62.99 + tax each night Friday / Saturday night

• 1 adult 50.39 + tax each night Weds / Thurs: $53,99 + tax Friday / Saturday each night.

Last day to make a reservation – 6/8/14 under the blocked rooms – code: VentureRider Rally.

Right now - possibly 20 people - still real early - my experience shows more people start planning for these as it gets closer. We really appreciate those whom consider these events early on - as that helps us "plan the event" better - and have a better idea of all whom are coming.

Dunnigan Ca is just north of where I-505 joins up with I-5. There's a Jack in the Box, and Bill and Kathy's restaurant, plus a Motel 6 for those from SoCal that might want to over night somewhere. Since it's a full day 650 mile ride to the Dalles from Sac I thought about leaving here around 5am and getting to Dunnigan (50mi.) around 6am for breakfast, and maybe joining up with anyone else heading north. KSU at 7a would give us a chance to make The Dalles before 6pm. Of course this is all conjecture...but it's a thought...

Dunnigan

Are you talking about wed morning meet and ride to The Dalles or Thursday morning. ?

I really would like to attend this rally, but don't think my wife and I could make it to Sturgis, Black hills, Yellowstone, and ride HWY 12 through Idaho that early in the year without getting into some real nasty weather, and the roads in those areas most likely would still be closed.

We are leaving Huntsville at end of June, first week of July heading west is our plan.

I really would like to attend this rally, but don't think my wife and I could make it to Sturgis, Black hills, Yellowstone, and ride HWY 12 through Idaho that early in the year without getting into some real nasty weather, and the roads in those areas most likely would still be closed.

We are leaving Huntsville at end of June, first week of July heading west is our plan.

Eck,

I'm planning on heading that way also, but believe the weather will be ok.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USID0146

Also believe we'll encounter rain at some point so will probably leave a day early,"just in case".

Remember in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of July 2011 "Cody INT.", the temps were uncomfortably HOT! Over 100...

Edited by CaptainJoe

Eck - What about doing your trip in reverse order? Instead of sight seeing on the way WEST, make a B-line more southerly for Portland and then sightsee starting a week later in the summer on the way BACK?

VentureFar...

Right now - possibly 20 people - still real early - my experience shows more people start planning for these as it gets closer. We really appreciate those whom consider these events early on - as that helps us "plan the event" better - and have a better idea of all whom are coming.

Hey Victor,

Might want to throw it up on the calendar. If people can see who is signing up, it will stimulate the folk around here, get the sleep out of their eyes, and, awaken them from their slumber. eh?:stickpoke:

Dunnigan Ca is just north of where I-505 joins up with I-5. There's a Jack in the Box, and Bill and Kathy's restaurant, plus a Motel 6 for those from SoCal that might want to over night somewhere. Since it's a full day 650 mile ride to the Dalles from Sac I thought about leaving here around 5am and getting to Dunnigan (50mi.) around 6am for breakfast, and maybe joining up with anyone else heading north. KSU at 7a would give us a chance to make The Dalles before 6pm. Of course this is all conjecture...but it's a thought...

Dunnigan

Condor,

I was only planning on riding about 3 hours on tuesday after work and then the rest of the way Wednesday. That can actually work to meet up in Dunnigan at 7am.

250 miles Tuesday - spend the night at the 5/ 152 then leave at 4:30am to meet you (all) at 7am and cause the San Andreas Fault to crack as so many RS xx's ride north together.

More as we get closer

VentureFar...

Condor,

I was only planning on riding about 3 hours on tuesday after work and then the rest of the way Wednesday. That can actually work to meet up in Dunnigan at 7am.

250 miles Tuesday - spend the night at the 5/ 152 then leave at 4:30am to meet you (all) at 7am and cause the San Andreas Fault to crack as so many RS xx's ride north together.

More as we get closer

VentureFar...

That'd work Neil. From Santa Nella it's about 2.5 hours to Dunnigan. Gets you there around 7:00- 7:30am. It's about 1 hr for me here in Sac, so I plan on leaving the house around 6am. Vic sez he's going to ride up from Concord on Tuesday and stay at the Duningan M6, so he'll keep the light on for anyone else who wants to do the same....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the information I just posted on the MAIN THREAD for this event - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=834660#post834660

post # 183:

T-shirts and fri. Night dinner registration

The time has come -y'all - I'm taking reservations for our Friday night dinner gathering @ Cousin's - and for those who would like to order t-shirts, they are on this form. Thank you to CONDOR for making up this form.

There is no charge for the event itself, come out and have fun. I need to send in the t-shirt order on 6/1 in order to receive them @ the motel on the 18th - and give the restaurant a head count on 6/13 - thus the only reason for the pre-registration. Any questions / comments - please don't hesitate to contact me.

Other than Friday night's dinner, there is no "real itinerary" set - this is the "un-rally / rally" - LOL - a weekend of riding and having fun. There will be an informal meet and greet around 6ish @ Cousin's on the 18th and 19th (pick up shirts / name badges - etc), ride ideas for the area will be available to share with all - to go see the beautiful sights of the area during the days, or one could just hang out and tell more stories (Puc - LOL)!

SEE YA ALL THERE and bring your friends!

http://cast-aways.com/thedallesregistration.htm

:dancefool: THE COUNTDOWN IS ON! WESTWARD HO!

Way to much Cat in the Hat around here!! Vic & Barb we may Fly (after all it is a 2nd gen) to the motel 6 on tuesday the 17th as well :fingers-crossed-emo

Hi. Is "Vic " a typo ? That is not the name you sent me in a pm for the name badge. Is Barb coming with a "friend" instead of you ?:no-no-no:

VentureFar...

""""WESTWARD HO!""""

I LOVE how this guy thinks!!! Driften along like a tumblin tumbleweed,, Happy Trails,, Bluuue Shadows on the trail, Give me land lots of land with the starry skies above.......

Yeaaa,,, DONT FENCE ME IN!!

Puc

Just so we are all on the same page - and thank you to those whom have sent me e-mails / PM: Dalles is currently being shown on the VR Rallies page - I have asked to have that changed. This town is about 45 minutes west of Salem and IS NOT the correct town. The information on the calendar is correct.

THE Dalles - :thumbsup: - where this event is taking place - is about hour and a half east of Portland and 150 miles different from Dalles. This is the correct town.

Our host motel is: COUSIN'S - 2114 W 6th St, The Dalles, OR 97058

(541) 298-5161. Our other site is the Motel 6 next door - 2500 W 6th St, The Dalles, OR 97058

(541) 296-1191.