IGNORED

Sports Video Camera -- Your input

dave_wells

I have been thinking of getting a camera to mount on the bike

I was looking at the Go Pro since I have a 500.00 gift card for Iron Pony motorsports

Some input on this brand of camera along with other options or would be great

I have all winter to decide

Thanks

I've been thinking about this camera as an alternative to the GoPro: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=10629&seq=1&format=2

I like the idea that it can connect to my phone via wifi to review video and it comes with several mount options. I've bought other Monoprice products and have found the quality to be fine.

Dennis

Joe watched the Skyway video. What is the constant clicking type sound? Where you had camera mounted? I have thought about a video camera but looked more in the $50 range from like tiger direct. The go pros are nice and most everything I have seen shot with them is pretty good. I have a friend that has shot alot of video with his sony handi cam though over the years. [ame]

[/ame]

Joe watched the Skyway video. What is the constant clicking type sound? Where you had camera mounted? I have thought about a video camera but looked more in the $50 range from like tiger direct. The go pros are nice and most everything I have seen shot with them is pretty good. I have a friend that has shot alot of video with his sony handi cam though over the years.

The clicking is it hitting the side of the windshield I have it mounted on the right handlebar with a long ram mount which as you can tell was a mistake it is not stable enough. I think if I get a shourter mount it will be more stable. I had a cheap Oregon Scientific camera for awhile but it did not do well in low light.

I've been thinking about this camera as an alternative to the GoPro: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=10629&seq=1&format=2

I like the idea that it can connect to my phone via wifi to review video and it comes with several mount options. I've bought other Monoprice products and have found the quality to be fine.

Dennis

Several members bought the other monoprice camera and returned it, HERE is their comments.

Edited by ragtop69gs

I bought myself a kinda early Xmas present, a Black Ed. GoPro. Anyone interested in these should do some comparison shopping. With the new 3+ editions out in the Black and Silver versions, several outfits are marking the 3 editions down, in some cases quite a bit. I bought mine as one of Amazon's "Today's Deals" for $240! Not bad for something that was originally $400. If you don't have to have the "latest and the greatest", this would do very nicely!

:mo money:

Just looked at that camera at Tiger Direct. Couple things I picked up on reviews was it recods same thing twice to card. One high quality the other a lower for the social media posting crowd. The low setting cant be turned off so it eats space on SD card. The other said something about not being able to change settings without a PC. Whic kind of makes sense as there is no screen to see what you are selecting. I was thinking maybe one of the older handy cam type outfits. Sometimes you can find them around $40. Some have a mount hole and you could fabricate a bracket up.