IGNORED

I am in 100% agreement with this guy

SilvrT

He couldn't have said it better.

I spent 17 years fighting the War on Drugs. Even with (or in spite of) Nancy Ragan's "Just Say No" and all the DARE programs in the world, we lost that war a long time ago. Unfortunately, like the military industrial complex, there are too many folks making way too much money off the government to even think about calling a cease fire.

Just my uninformed cents worth.

:15_8_211[1]:

AS much as we ALL have a problem with those who use and sell illicit drugs. There is absolutely no way on earth we will ever stop drugs or drug use. The only logical route is to legalize it and take the market away from the drug lords. They can't fight it and that unfortunately is a fact. All they can do is control the supply and make it unprofitable for the drug cartels and keep up educating people as to its bad effects. A good way wood be to take school kids to hospitals/institutions that look after these fools and let them see first hand what these drugs do to people. And do not sugar coat it!! :whistling:

I totally agree with this guy. Many years ago I applied for a job with the local police. I went for an interview. I am talking mid 70's. During the interview he asked my opinion on pot. I told him it should be legalized and sold with the same restrictions and penalties and taxes as alkohol. He then asked my opinion on harder drugs. I told him I thought hash was ok but cocaine, heroin etc. they should take the users and treat them and take the dealers out into the woods and shoot them. I figured that was it but I got called back for three more interviews. I found out later that there were 400 applicants from police forces from England to Australia and it came down to me and an RCMP officer. He won due to experience. It is clear that even then law enforcement officers knew the " war on drugs" was bs. I had a 1911 Whitehouse cookbook and in the home remedies it suggested you take an ounce of hash and dissolve it in a pint of alcohol and take as needed. All these drugs were legal for thousands of years and there were few problems. The problems came with prohibition and the criminal gangs. Legalize and control drugs and cut off the gangs funding. There is a video called " Grass- The History of Marijuana" everyone should watch it. Politicians and other crooks are the only ones who get rich off illegal drugs.

Prohibition was an overreach of our government.

American Government, as per our constitution, has limited powers and should only take on things that individuals cannot: assembling and maintaining armies etc...

I like the part where he said: if they legalized herion tomorrow, would you start using it? :eek:

Prohibition doesn't work and never will...

It makes sense to me. But, I also agree that there are too many people getting rich for this ever to be put into action.

For example: Years ago, I got involved with a group of investors trying to promote a portable waste water treatment system plants that would have gone a long way to solving water supply problems in many areas around the world. The system was way cheaper (10%) of the established method of waste water treatment. Far more effective in purifying water by about 100%. Efficient to the point that a system that would keep up with the demand of a city of 100,000 people would fit in a a tractor trailer truck. You would think that such a thing would have changed life the way we know it and would have a profound impact on the quallity of life around the world. A win/win for the entire planet.

Did we get this project off the ground? .... NO because we were shut down by the Mafia that owns the waste water treatment industry and is making too much money on the inefficient way we deal with our waste, water and otherwise.

Do I think his argument is a sound valid point of view? Absolutely.

Do I think it will work? Absolutely not under the present political environment.

There are too many people getting rich on the old way. Nothing will ever change until we change our habit of electing public officials that are corrupt.

All the problems of mankind could have been solved a long time ago if greed was not part of our laungage.

It makes sense to me. But, I also agree that there are too many people getting rich for this ever to be put into action.

For example: Years ago, I got involved with a group of investors trying to promote a portable waste water treatment system plants that would have gone a long way to solving water supply problems in many areas around the world. The system was way cheaper (10%) of the established method of waste water treatment. Far more effective in purifying water by about 100%. Efficient to the point that a system that would keep up with the demand of a city of 100,000 people would fit in a a tractor trailer truck. You would think that such a thing would have changed life the way we know it and would have a profound impact on the quallity of life around the world. A win/win for the entire planet.

Did we get this project off the ground? .... NO because we were shut down by the Mafia that owns the waste water treatment industry and is making too much money on the inefficient way we deal with our waste, water and otherwise.

Do I think his argument is a sound valid point of view? Absolutely.

Do I think it will work? Absolutely not under the present political environment.

There are too many people getting rich on the old way. Nothing will ever change until we change our habit of electing public officials that are corrupt.

All the problems of mankind could have been solved a long time ago if greed was not part of our laungage.

Not gonna happen, it's one of the seven deadly sins and it isn't going away anytime soon!

It's not the goverment's fault either! WE elect these people. How many times have you heard during an election people ask what the candidate will do for them? What bullsh_t! How about the common good? That's why we have Obumercare. Give me, give me, give me!