IGNORED

Put the bike away too fast....darnit

Bert2006

Need to rant..I put the bike away too fast...they are calling for a warm weekend with temps in the 60s:crying: This after 2 weeks of below normal temps.

Will probably fold and take it out:Venture: but will need to re-winterize it. Anyone in Maritimes thinking the same? Perhaps a meet and greet somewhere central? :big-grin-emoticon:

:322:

Sorry to hear about winter using early, but you can always revive the bike to life. As I've expected, the weather may be cool one day and then warm again. When I say warm - in the 50s

👍

I never winterized the bike. I take my Gerbings out instead. Rode at 30 degree temps in the am and pm and it felt great. Give it a try.

I feel your pain... I winterize my bike by adding a fuel stabilizer and pulling the battery so as to move it from an unheated garage and down to my furnace room. Getting the bike ready to ride is only a 10 minute battery installation. But the problem is that this stupid State of Minnesota really likes to use salt on the roads in the winter time. The idiots spread salt last week when we got hit with some freezing rain and then snow. So maybe I am paranoid, but I know that darned salt is still sitting on the road as we have had no rain to wash it off. It hit 52 degrees Fahrenheit today and I really wanted to go for a ride. I consoled myself by cleaning up seven of the 5 gallon soda kegs that I use for my home brew. They are now ready to be re-filled with some primo home brewed beer. -Wayne

I don't stop riding till they salt. And they haven't yet. But any fuel now is my "winter mix" and will be till salt hits.

I just now got home. Left mid to late afternoon to run errands and visit Mom and such. Was repeatedly accused of not being "right" and got some odd looks. :confused24: It's at least 40 or so out there.

Need to rant..I put the bike away too fast...they are calling for a warm weekend with temps in the 60s:crying: This after 2 weeks of below normal temps.

We've had some wonky weather over here also .. tomorrow will be my 3rd 'last ride' of the season as temps soar to 11c/52f.

Once they start salting in our area, I also stop riding until we get a nice rain that wash all road salt away. 👌

Then it is time to ride once again. My only concern this time of the year is deer in the wee hours of the morning.

Ride Safe Venture riders. 😐

My winterizing consists of taking the key out of the ignition and connecting the float charger, in October I start runing my winter blend of gas so that it is ready to sleep at any time.........

Easy to undo.

Ok 2nd mention of winter blend.... :confused24: are we talking about Seafoam:confused07:

Man, all this talk of winterizing, salt, winter fuel mixture, blah, blah, blah. I feel soo bad for you guy's up there. I ride year'round. I prefer the colder weather here in the south. Gives me a chance to ride with all that safety gear. I will ride in 30 deg.f and enjoy it.:biker:

Ok 2nd mention of winter blend.... :confused24: are we talking about Seafoam:confused07:

My winter blend is an appropriate guess of Seafoam, a pinch of Marvel Mystery Oil, and a "long term" ratio of Stabil. In non ethanol fuel.

I do the same thing in my 2 stroke snowmobiles. And I never get "green" carbs with them.

With either the bike or the sleds if I am going to burn the fuel that day non ethanol is not that big a deal. If it is going to sit in the tank at all, non ethanol.

My winter blend is an appropriate guess of Seafoam, a pinch of Marvel Mystery Oil, and a "long term" ratio of Stabil. In non ethanol fuel.

I do the same thing in my 2 stroke snowmobiles. And I never get "green" carbs with them.

With either the bike or the sleds if I am going to burn the fuel that day non ethanol is not that big a deal. If it is going to sit in the tank at all, non ethanol.

:sign yeah that: :sign yeah that: :sign yeah that:

Except I have no snowmobiles.

Man, all this talk of winterizing, salt, winter fuel mixture, blah, blah, blah. I feel soo bad for you guy's up there. I ride year'round. I prefer the colder weather here in the south. Gives me a chance to ride with all that safety gear. I will ride in 30 deg.f and enjoy it.:biker:

Our bikes does make it possible and ok to ride in cold weather. All the fairings protect the op from the elements. Ride Safe.

Our bikes does make it possible and ok to ride in cold weather. All the fairings protect the op from the elements. Ride Safe.

My windshield is cut down a bit by the P.O. I am finding I am going to need to dig out a full coverage helmet for temps below 40 (F) And fix my lowers this winter.

I wish I could afford a "winter rat" motorcycle.

My windshield is cut down a bit by the P.O. I am finding I am going to need to dig out a full coverage helmet for temps below 40 (F) And fix my lowers this winter.

I wish I could afford a "winter rat" motorcycle.

Yes, it is important to wear a full face (ff) helmet at temps lower than 50 degrees. I always wear a ff helmet at lower temps. Keep searching for a larger windshield. Forum members can for sure direct to the right person for a purchase. Good luck and ride safe.

Ride was a blast:thumbsup: Was a bit cold but logged another 200 miles in the river valey, got to cross on a ferry and then back home on the other side. Stopped for seafoam and it was on sale:big-grin-emoticon: so I stocked up.....and no bugs to clean.....wow!

Probably last ride for sure now as heavy snow in the forecast later in the week:snow2: