IGNORED

How long have you had your Venture?

Venturous Randy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had my Yamaha XVZ12/13 experience since 1988, moved up from an XS1100 Special. Awaiting a new premium touring bike from Yamaha.........and not any glorified cruiser style Harley copycat like the gen 2.

Riding since 1955 learning on a Harley flathead springer with dead-man clutch and side shifter on a rutted Alberta prairie road.

Couldn't stop moving as a cloud of blood thirsty mosquitoes was chasing me.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Carefull now.:whistling:...2nd gens are actually able to hold on to their parts whille riding...:stirthepot:..I also moved up from an xs1100 to a 1st gen then to a 2nd gen and find the 2nd gen to be the most comfortable and stable on the highway..better for avoiding all those HD parts littering the road..:stirthepot:

:322:

One day.:dancefool:

AWESOME!! :cool10::cool10::cool10:

Congrats on your new bike and, if I might add, an excellent choice!! Ya know, you really should start a new thread of your very own just to show off some pics - kinda like a proud father going to the maternity ward and taking pics of the new baby,,,,, only without all the wahhh wahhh and smelly diapers :rotf: If you do please include as much detail as possible in text too,, WE LOVE GREAT STORIES ABOUT NEW ad-VENTURES!!

Oh yea, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!

Puc

Bought my 86 1 year and 6 months ago. Can't picture not having her around now. Have big plans for her over the next few years. Exhaust, trailer hitch (in the shed now) more or better stereo, some (more) lights, and many more miles. And a trailer to go with the hitch so I can take more stuff more places. Gonna camp in style at Pioneer in 2014. :happy65:

Bought my venture new spring 1983, been a good bike. Had some tough dumb luck several major things have went wrong but not mechanical failure. still riding her. But without this site that would not be possible. Could never have been able to take to shop to fix all the issues that have came up ie: cracked frame, resolder dash display to make head lite work on low beam, diodes in ignition box. and the list goes on. very,very, very grateful for this site. Wish I was more computer savy to be able to give back the help I received.

Bought an 83 Venture in 85. Traded it in for an 86 Venture in 1987 with 7700 kms for $7000.

There was lots of 7s that's why I remember it.

Sold the 86 in 1995 ( was long haul trucking, and not using it ). Bought the SAME bike back in 1997.

Kept it until 2008 when I bought my 08 RSV and sold the 86 Venture. (wasn't wore out by no means, just wanted something new)

I guess I've been a Venture fan for for quite some time!!!

99 RSV bought October 2012. So it has been just over a year and last time I looked, I had put roughly 17K miles on it so far. Being a big guy, this is the most comfortable bike I have ridden (Victory is really close). I would like to have it for a long time and many more miles if I can get all my issues sorted out. I am getting there little by little as time and $ allow.

Bought mine new Apr this year, 8800+ miles so far. Traded in an 02 Vulcan with 88k on it. Rode to San Antonio, what a comfortable bike. If I can get my hwy mileage fixed I'll be sold on it. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to get it figured out with what I've read here. I've just got to stay off of it long enough...

Well actually when my friends future wife decided he didn't want to ride a motorcycle anymore so he let me take it for a test drive for a year and almost 10,000 miles as he continued to make the payments on it, then when HE finally decided he didn't want to ride motorcycles anymore he sold it to me for what he owed on it ($3,000.00). I could have bought the exact same Burgundy 84 venture std. at the local dealer at that time for $1,000 more than what my friend owed on his as Yamaha was still trying to sell the overstock and the credit union would still give it a new bike loan since it had never been licensed, but since my friend was willing to let me test drive his as he continued to make the payments...well lets just say after another 100,000 miles as my only bike for the last 26 years I STILL have no regrets on the choice I made! Especially after the sticker shock I get when I see how much they want for new Goldwings!

I've had mine since I bought it. :big-grin-emoticon: Seriously, though, I bought it new in May of 2006. Had an accident on it 6 weeks later (guy turned left in front of me) which caused $7500 worth of damage to the bike & I was only going about 10mph at impact & shattered my left wrist. Both took 3 months to fix/heal. Now have about 62K miles on it & loving every minute of it. I just moved back to SoCal less than 2 weeks ago. Wife is still in WA. Bikes (hers & mine) getting shipped today. Hope to have them by this weekend. She will be taking care of some things up in WA for a little while longer until she's able to join me. New job for me & looking forward to her getting down here in the sunshine. :clap2: I know I'll be putting more miles on it now that I'm back in SoCal. :cool10:

Bought a millinium in 2006 with 13000 miles on it, worked alot of hours in the summer then so didnt put many miles on it at first. The second year I had it I hit a dear and insurance company totaled it. I bought it back because it only had 20,500 miles on it and I figured it was worth rebuilding. It sat for a year as I looked for parts, I found another millinium that a member here was selling for 5k. Im sure some remember that. High milage- had 103k miles on it.Bought it in georgia, but when I got it home the bike was still so tight and well maintained that I started driving it and the first Millinium sat In the garage for another couple years. When we decided to leave Michigan and move to Nc, we just didnt have the room for it. So That bike I sold and eventually became the Frankenstien bike, and you all know the rest of the story there. Ive added alot more to my second Millinium and she now has 122k miles. Still rides like a dream.

got my 05 black RSTD:cool10: with 12700 miles last Friday afternoon putted about 200 miles over the weekend ..........I was wondering which bike has the most mileage in this forum ??

My 83 has 164,000 miles and runs great. It also does not use any oil. The only thing done to it has been a transmission replacement and that was from a factory defect on a thrust washer being too soft. Good maintenance and these bikes will go on forever.

RandyA