IGNORED

cd changer

dave_wells

Was parking the bike the other day

This guy came over asked if I had a cd changer I so no

He had one from a 99 venture he had sold and went home an got it and gave it to me

He had damaged the wiring harness

don't know if it works and do not have the harness

I could use a wiring harness it anyone has one they do not have a use for

Was parking the bike the other day

This guy came over asked if I had a cd changer I so no

He had one from a 99 venture he had sold and went home an got it and gave it to me

He had damaged the wiring harness

don't know if it works and do not have the harness

I could use a wiring harness it anyone has one they do not have a use for

I personally wouldn't go thru the hassle of installing it. You'd be better off plugging in an Ipod into the AUX plug. Which is what the PO of the '99 did and found he couldn't sell the CD player.

I personally wouldn't go thru the hassle of installing it. You'd be better off plugging in an Ipod into the AUX plug. Which is what the PO of the '99 did and found he couldn't sell the CD player.

I use my GPS for music It plugs into the AUX and work just fine

I figured may as well see if the cd changer works

Like so many others, mine came with the cd changer in the left saddlebag which took up a good bit of space. I tried keeping it until it started to skip a lot so I took it out and have never looked back. I replaced it with an mp3 player powered from the aux outlet next to the cassette player but I spent too much time plugging it in and unplugging it, so I replaced it with the Venturemp3 player that I installed in the trunk using an relay to turn it off and on with the ignition switch. It's out of sight and I never have to worry about someone taking it while I'm away from the bike because it's locked in the trunk. One sd card holds 594 songs in 6 different folders so I have all kinds of music to listen to. When I want to update the song list, I just pull the card out and take it to my computer and edit the lists. Is it perfect? No. It hangs up from time to time but it's easy to start back up. But to me it's the best thing I've found yet that uses the controls on the handlebar. I don't have to worry about it being out in the weather since it's located away from all the harsh elements. I don't have an Iphone or an Ipod, so I don't have to plug in my phone to the ISimple player that Yamaha came out with. It's part of the bike. I've been using it for several years and couldn't imagine being without it now.

My 09 has a cd player. But like mentioned its a space hog. If traveling with the wife I need the extra space for a rain suit for her. I have a handle bar mount for gps which I have music on and a mount for phone which I use pandora. CD player is nice but i really dont use it much. If you search the gps threads I think its listed what the connector is. Its something old and outdated so part procurment is tough.

My '09 didn't come with the cd changer (didn't come with '09's in Canada) but did have the cbus cable to the left saddle bag. You need the cbus cable if you use the iSimple adapter for connecting an iPod/iPhone. I did this for a while until I got my Zumo.

When I got the Zumo I installed the BuddyRich cable. I play mp3 files from the Zumo thru the bike's sound system. Using bluetooth on my Blackberry I can make/receive phone calls thru the GPS and talk/listen thru my headset.

Highly recommend this configuration. Doesn't use any space in the saddle bag.

I mounted my CD changer vertically in the trunk. I use it all the time. It does suffer when the roads are rough. That's when the cassette comes in handy.

Mike

As in this photo

[ATTACH]80534[/ATTACH]

Do you mean that when the roads are rough your cassette falls to your hands???

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: