IGNORED

Bittersweet Day

Freebird

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a rough time getting the Diamond Rrear pegs off. They had grown to like the place they were in. I have made a habit of going thru a bike when I get it. Just like to know where the hidden rust is and I found it on backside of those pegs....:whistling: And a couple other places..I got to take a ride on it soon but am planning on full teardown this winter for cleaning... I must be getting old!!!:think:

Dan,

I sure hope that you get to ride that beautiful machine before the 4 letter word invades your part of West by God Virginia

If not the anticipation for Spring would keep me getting it to prime shape. I'm not trying to knock the Boss but I clean different than most folks. They clean what you can see and I clean what controls what you can see. I get knocked at times because my scoots had a little road dust but they are cleaner than most. I think I could challenge Eck when it comes to deep down cleaning. And Dingy fits in this crowd somewhat. He ain't a bit skeered to jump into something just to make it right. I wish I had a little of his electrical knowledge. Or Jeff's (Flying Fool) electrical skills or Jeff's Muffin Man" all over mechanical skill or your all over knowledge. Just shows why the idiots here (and we have a few time to time) can't make me quit. And No goose I'm not talking about you!! Your all over knowledge amazes me. We have so many here with so much just for the asking. I can't begin to name them all. Yeah I'm rambling again and I'm still a old outlaw biker with a outlaws heart but with God's help and this site I have a few more years to show up now and then on my pride. 1st or 2nd Gen?? You guess... which!!Last two years have been bummer but I think I see glimmer of light at end of tunnel!!Hope it ain't a freaking Train!!

If not the anticipation for Spring would keep me getting it to prime shape. I'm not trying to knock the Boss but I clean different than most folks. They clean what you can see and I clean what controls what you can see. I get knocked at times because my scoots had a little road dust but they are cleaner than most. I think I could challenge Eck when it comes to deep down cleaning. And Dingy fits in this crowd somewhat. He ain't a bit skeered to jump into something just to make it right. I wish I had a little of his electrical knowledge. Or Jeff's (Flying Fool) electrical skills or Jeff's Muffin Man" all over mechanical skill or your all over knowledge. Just shows why the idiots here (and we have a few time to time) can't make me quit. And No goose I'm not talking about you!! Your all over knowledge amazes me. We have so many here with so much just for the asking. I can't begin to name them all. Yeah I'm rambling again and I'm still a old outlaw biker with a outlaws heart but with God's help and this site I have a few more years to show up now and then on my pride. 1st or 2nd Gen?? You guess... which!!Last two years have been bummer but I think I see glimmer of light at end of tunnel!!Hope it ain't a freaking Train!!

We going have to hear this all winter :doh::duck::rasberry:

sheeesh...the hassles of selling a Venture to someone on the site, eh Don? Makes me really happy that the new owner of MY bike kept it all in PM.

:rotf:

sheeesh...the hassles of selling a Venture to someone on the site, eh Don? Makes me really happy that the new owner of MY bike kept it all in PM.

:rotf:

Nothing to hide...:rotfl:The scoot is in great shape just getting to know it. Some rust on the underside of parts but show me one that doesn't have. I'm not as happy with the color as I first was??But hard to find anything "wrong" with it other than a little rust and chrome pitting. I think I screwed up that bolt with wrong tool. At least that's what I told the Warden so I could buy a set I had been putting off.....:whistling: We have been so busy I haven't had time to try it out. I want a good day with good weather and not be rushed for that.

Let it go Dan..just let the emotion flow. You have been in the 2nd gen closet way too long. Its time to come on out and flap your, er, wings........yea, thats it...wings.....

(almost said lips)