IGNORED

Impressed with the new Harleys

ediddy

One of my insureds came by the office this morning. He traded his road king for a 2014 Street Glide Special. I must say I am impressed. I've always liked the instrumentation on the harleys. This bike has a touch screen in the center where you can touch radio and the stations come up and you touch the one you want to listen to. You touch set up and you can press gps and a gps comes up. Of course the sound system of the harley has always been awesome. It has a vent system you can adjust where it will blow air toward your face. The 1690cc engine is awesome. Too bad yamaha won't do the same to their bikes.

I was at the Harley shop a few days ago to get warranty on my boots. Yes, my h h h harley boots that I bought back in March ... some of the stitching at the zipper was coming apart. Got a full exchange coz they are warranteed for a year!

Anyhoo, spent a good deal of time drooling over the new Ultra Limited. At $31,xxx plus tax :eek:, I guess I won't be getting one any time soon but I do plan to go to the demo days in Oct and test ride them.

Some of their color choices are awesome and I really like the changes they've made to things like the fairing, saddlebag lids and trunk.

That vent in the fairing is designed to neutralize the low pressure zone behind the windshield/fairing to reduce head and body buffeting. Have the same kinda thing on my Vic and it does make a big difference, even with a shorter shield.

I was at the Harley shop a few days ago to get warranty on my boots. Yes, my h h h harley boots that I bought back in March ... some of the stitching at the zipper was coming apart. Got a full exchange coz they are warranteed for a year!

Anyhoo, spent a good deal of time drooling over the new Ultra Limited. At $31,xxx plus tax :eek:, I guess I won't be getting one any time soon but I do plan to go to the demo days in Oct and test ride them.

Some of their color choices are awesome and I really like the changes they've made to things like the fairing, saddlebag lids and trunk.

That vent in the fairing is designed to neutralize the low pressure zone behind the windshield/fairing to reduce head and body buffeting. Have the same kinda thing on my Vic and it does make a big difference, even with a shorter shield.

Price is all mind over matter...............if you don't mind.....it don't matter.

:sign outstanding::sign outstanding::sign outstanding::sign outstanding:

Mike

HOLY (enter favorite cuss word here) my cousin Matt went from Ohio to Colorado with his wife for a couple weeks. He left Ohio on his 2012 Ultra but he left Colorado on his new 2014 Ultra Classic. Black.

Yeah, I may be just be a little jealous.

The Ultra Limited must've had some doo dads added for the 31,000? I was looking on the HD site and the Ultra Limited starts out at 25,900, and the Ultra Classic at 23,250. I bet you were drooling over the Limited.........

The Ultra Limited must've had some doo dads added for the 31,000? I was looking on the HD site and the Ultra Limited starts out at 25,900, and the Ultra Classic at 23,250. I bet you were drooling over the Limited.........

They pay more in Canada for all their stuff Bernie, GST and PST and all that kind of good stuff

They pay more in Canada for all their stuff Bernie, GST and PST and all that kind of good stuff

ya, it costs a lot extra to convert those 'merican made bikes to metric

:Laugh:

Thing is that the 31k is before PST and GST.

Another funny thing is that years ago we had a hidden federal manufactures tax which they removed, then added Goods and Service tax (GST) so now just about everything is taxed. So now we have Provincial sales tax (PST) and GST.

New government comes along and says we should make things easier and make a Harmony tax HST which is the addition of both PST and HST. Same friggin thing but sounds different so it does not feel as if your getting screwed. :sign20:

Sorry Off topic I know.

Brad