IGNORED

Honda f6b reviews anyone??

David Hall

Only sat on one at the dealer.

As my inseam is under 30", it was hard to flatfoot.

Bike sits low enough, but the seat is so wide at the thighs you got to do the splits.

So, might be an issue for shorter riders.

Seems like Miles got one, look for his posts on it.

See: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77226

I tried one out at the Honda Rock the Red event last month. Nice bike - extremely smooth (after all it is a Goldwing!). Mine had an accessory exhaust and sounded great (Think racing Porsche!) from behind, but in a full face helmet with the breeze hitting at helmet height, you couldn't hear much. At 70 pounds lighter than a regular Goldwing it moves out smartly. In fact, my impression was that it was almost like riding an electric bike - crank the throttle in any gear at any r.p.m. and it just GOES! But - the seat is quite wide and unless your long in the legs, it could get tricky getting both feet flat comfortably. I have around a 30 inch inseam and could flatfoot it, but it didn't feel good. The seat felt comfortable for a longer ride (As far as padding went) but the riding position put a lot of stress on my lower back. A half hour was about all i could handle comfortably without a backrest. It looks cool and somewhat mean, should be as reliable as an anvil and will out accelerate and out handle most other cruisers but - for me anyway - it had no character - at all. From the riders seat it's just a motorcycle - a very quiet, smooth, powerful, good riding motorcycle with great brakes, but it just doesn't - how can I put it? It doesn't make me want to turn back for another look as I walk away. It was more appliance than soul machine, I guess. Great performance but I would rather be riding my Venture or my Triumph with all their quirks and deficiencies. I get off those with a smile on my face, looking forward to the next ride - not so with the F6B. Great performance but it just isn't very involving. Sorry I can't put it better but it was just one of those weird situations where the performance just wasn't enough to make up for the lack of - well, character.

Andy

- how can I put it? It doesn't make me want to turn back for another look as I walk away. It was more appliance than soul machine, I guess.

Andy

Yeah, for me,,,, It looked better in pictures than in person. Oh and she had a big butt!

(And David, I see Miles VR membership has expired, not sure he is on anymore. He added a lot to the forums.)

Edited by Mike G in SC

Yeah, for me,,,, It looked better in pictures than in person. Oh and she had a big butt!

(And David, I see Miles VR membership has expired, not sure he is on anymore. He added a lot to the forums.)

Mike:

miles DID add a lot to the forums and DID expire his membership here. I learned a bunch from him.

I think that one of Miles last comments was that he planned to stay on this forum..curious that he is gone all of a sudden..I bought his RSTD and am enjoying it which is why I wondered if he missed the cruise control I am also curious to see if Honda adds the cruise control to future editions of the F6B due to popular demand some of the articles referred to weight savings how much could the cruise control apparatus weigh??

I tried one out at the Honda Rock the Red event last month. Nice bike - extremely smooth (after all it is a Goldwing!). Mine had an accessory exhaust and sounded great (Think racing Porsche!) from behind, but in a full face helmet with the breeze hitting at helmet height, you couldn't hear much. At 70 pounds lighter than a regular Goldwing it moves out smartly. In fact, my impression was that it was almost like riding an electric bike - crank the throttle in any gear at any r.p.m. and it just GOES! But - the seat is quite wide and unless your long in the legs, it could get tricky getting both feet flat comfortably. I have around a 30 inch inseam and could flatfoot it, but it didn't feel good. The seat felt comfortable for a longer ride (As far as padding went) but the riding position put a lot of stress on my lower back. A half hour was about all i could handle comfortably without a backrest. It looks cool and somewhat mean, should be as reliable as an anvil and will out accelerate and out handle most other cruisers but - for me anyway - it had no character - at all. From the riders seat it's just a motorcycle - a very quiet, smooth, powerful, good riding motorcycle with great brakes, but it just doesn't - how can I put it? It doesn't make me want to turn back for another look as I walk away. It was more appliance than soul machine, I guess. Great performance but I would rather be riding my Venture or my Triumph with all their quirks and deficiencies. I get off those with a smile on my face, looking forward to the next ride - not so with the F6B. Great performance but it just isn't very involving. Sorry I can't put it better but it was just one of those weird situations where the performance just wasn't enough to make up for the lack of - well, character.

Andy

Thanks Andy!! I think it should be standard procedure for we Ventureriders to post reviews of the bikes we get to test ride.

Personally I love it when ever there is a shot at something "different" introduced by the bike people, dont care who it is!!

I been reading a little on the F6 and about the only complaint I have seen is a paint problem.. Havent had the chance to ride one and in all the cross country riding we did this year I never even saw one so people like me have to be happy with reports like yours!

SAMPLING IS FUN!! :cool10:

Puc

...SAMPLING IS FUN!! :cool10:

...until your wife catches you! Oh, you were talking about riding other MOTORCYCLES. My bad.

Yeah, I haven't riden a F6B or regular wing, but I don't like the foot position. Seeing them next to each other, if I would get one, I'd mix & match parts to get it to my liking.

-Andrew

Have you ventured your way over to a F6B forum? I know and can appreciate looking 'locally' here first for opinions and such, but I was just throwing that out there just in case you had not thought of it. :thumbsup2:

[...]

Yeah, I haven't riden a F6B or regular wing, but I don't like the foot position. Seeing them next to each other, if I would get one, I'd mix & match parts to get it to my liking.

-Andrew

Interesting since the foot position is nominally the same as a 1st gen...

I have to say that I would own 1 in a second if I could afford it. There are seats available to fit any person and options on the regular GW to improve foot position. Taking the trunk off any bagger greatly changes it's handling characteristics. I have done it on my '86 and the '83 has the removable trunk, I like how it feels. I would opt for a taller windshield, but one I could still see over. If I can just get those damn winning #'s this wouldn't be a problem!

:whistling:

...Yeah, I haven't riden a F6B or regular wing, but I don't like the foot position...

Interesting since the foot position is nominally the same as a 1st gen...

True, but I have aftermarket floorboards on my 1st gen, which moved my feet forwards and down. The boxer 6 on the GW & F6B won't allow you to move your feet forward w/o moving them outboard. The narrower V-4 on the Venture lets me have my feet forwards but not that much further out than stock.

-Andrew