IGNORED

Need new windshield

I am looking at replacing the windshield on my 99 RSV. Are most of you replacing the OEM with Lexan or Acrylic? What are the pros and cons of each type? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Lexan is more impact resistant, but scratches easier..... Acrylic is the way to go because of the reisitance to scratching. Otherwise you're going to need to replace the windshield a lot more frequently.... :2cents:

I am looking at replacing the windshield on my 99 RSV. Are most of you replacing the OEM with Lexan or Acrylic? What are the pros and cons of each type? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Here is a link for Colorado Plastics where they tested acrylic and polycarbonate windshields with the pros and cons: http://www.coloradoplastics.com/blog-0/bid/42625/Polycarbonate-Lexan-vs-Acrylic-Lucite

To djh3: Home Depot carries both Lexan (Polycarbonate) and Optix (Acrylic).

I have been using F4 the last 5 years. Great product.....great customer service!

Plus one on the F-4. Mine is over four years and still great. If you want to look through the windshield, by far the best I believe. If you want very short and look over, then it's not as important.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the baggershield windshield. Ordered it on a Tuesday and received it on Friday. Installation was a breeze. It bolted right up and no problems reinstalling the chrome strip. The extra width keeps more air off the arms and shoulders. Wife says she has less wind buffeting. The folks at Baggershield were great to work with. Thanks to everyone for their advice.

I had a memphis shades phatt of a previous bike. The tint at the bottom was all bubled so they replaced under warrenty. So it was laying around in garage and this summer I got the idea I wanted a shorter shield. Not a bunch just enough so when it rained I could see over it. I measured it up and modified it. Works well. But I noticed that my head buffets more and especially behind trucks and vans at interstate speeds. Although I can see over it in rain I get alot more rain behind it too. so for my long trip in a couple weeks I went back to the big shield to reduce fatigue I hope.