IGNORED

1st gen owners

sandman

Just wondering, how many 1st gen owners have more than one? You do know that you keep the resale prices artificially high for those of us wanting to get our second or third. I will start off by saying one 88, one 87parts bike, one 92 engine and frame.

Just acquired a second one, which is currently parked in Swifty's living room. Don't know yet whether it or my other 88VR will be my 1st ride. Put a lot of miles on the 88 and it just keeps on running.

Have my 86, and sold my 84 to a buddy.

Regret selling it. Will own at least one more. MK1 or MK2? Unsure. Want to make a totally nekkid version.

Would love to get another MK1 and do it up striped down with custom fairings.:whistling:

:mytruck1:

I have an 83 picked up two weeks ago, been in a house fire and then put in storage for 17 years, its a massive restoration project, half of the body plastic damaged as well as having to completely rebuild the hydraulics. Not for a novice to attemp but I eat these projects for breakfast, and tomorrow I may be getting another Venture an 89 Royale with engine problems and no clutch.

I do not see very many Ventures in Alaska and the ones I have seen cost to much to repair for the average person, but with tools, time and cash anything can be rebuilt.

I purchased my 89 VR in 2010 (25K miles), then in 2011 picked up a beautiful 91 VR (6.5K miles). Both in really nice condition especially the 91. Pictures can be seen on my profile page. Then I demolished my 91 VR in 2012 which has turned into a very expensive parts VR.

Aw, 1st geners having to keep 2 bikes just to keep ONE running..........how sad :rotf::rotf:

Mine may be slower, but it just keeps going, and going.........!!!

You just keep telling yourself that. You will talk yourself into liking that 2nd Gen yet. :stickpoke:Remember, I have but 1 and just ride and ride and ride. As a matter of fact, that red light getting smaller and smaller in front of you? Probably a 1st Gen.

I got a few. And looking....:whistling:

Yammer is the reason they are rare...I think it's called hoarding. When one person owns most of the existing bikes, the rest can't have them There is a series on cable about hoarders... Yammer is the 2nd episode of the new season. :happy65::cool10:

Yammer is the reason they are rare...I think it's called hoarding. When one person owns most of the existing bikes, the rest can't have them There is a series on cable about hoarders... Yammer is the 2nd episode of the new season. :happy65::cool10:

Yeah, It's all Dan's fault...... :stirthepot:

One '83 running with an '83 parts bike. And a 87 Royale.

Need to sell the 83 to make some room. I have MBD (multiple bike disorder). Its a retirement thing, fix'n up old bikes need room to start new project.

Also have '03 wing, '97 and '01 vulcan 750 and wifes '03 burgman